zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

This 1-year wait time is ridiculous. I'm sure a few months back it was only taking about 6 months. Now it's a year! Every thing would have worked out perfect regarding job offer and relocation. Now we have to think about whether to stay here till gets approved or do the change of address and relocate(We all know how frustrating it is to deal with USCIS).

38 minutes ago, lemongreentea said:

This 1-year wait time is ridiculous. I'm sure a few months back it was only taking about 6 months. Now it's a year! Every thing would have worked out perfect regarding job offer and relocation. Now we have to think about whether to stay here till gets approved or do the change of address and relocate(We all know how frustrating it is to deal with USCIS).

I have been following the July 2016 ROC group.  Many are just getting their resident cards 12 months later.  I plan to write to our US Senator's office after six months.  I'm not sure he can do anything to speed things up, but his office will at least make a call.  He did this before during our K-1 and AOS processes.  I believe it helped.  Our payments are suppose to pay for what it takes to process our forms.  Like you, I just can't understand how a simple process of reviewing information can take so long, especially since the investigations were also done in the past.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Tcarrol said:

I have been following the July 2016 ROC group.  Many are just getting their resident cards 12 months later.  I plan to write to our US Senator's office after six months.  I'm not sure he can do anything to speed things up, but his office will at least make a call.  He did this before during our K-1 and AOS processes.  I believe it helped.  Our payments are suppose to pay for what it takes to process our forms.  Like you, I just can't understand how a simple process of reviewing information can take so long, especially since the investigations were also done in the past.

You can write, of course, to your Senator Office or somewhere else. But unless your case is "out of normal processing time", I doubt they will take any action.  

So, technically, if after 6 months the USCIS website shows they are working on cases, filed in Jan 2017, a senator or a congressperson won't even move.

P.S. We also had our congressperson involved during AOS. But we "bothered" them just because it was already 12 months of hearing nothing and my case was still pending. 

Besides, there is no strict timing for USCIS, to adjust I-751,  or  any other  immigration benefits you are asking for.

Don't get me wrong - I'm also not "excited" about this possible long wait... But it takes what it takes. Period.  And it's not up to us to decide how long, IOHO it supposed to take. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

6 hours ago, roh0808 said:

I will add my case to the list. Meanwhile I received my biometric app letter. Going in on 08/02.

Yes same day for us

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Timeline
4 hours ago, lemongreentea said:

I'm sure a few months back it was only taking about 6 months.

Not true.

It has been taking a year or more for several years now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
17 hours ago, Tcarrol said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's so ridiculous that we have to wait for so long. 

I decided to enlist to the airforce instead of navy but I need a 10 years green card. If I go to the navy I won't be able to select a job because I won't have security clearance as a non us citizen. Plus wait 4-5-6 years depending my contract , so I can go to the airforce. 🤦‍♀️ I'm kinda pissed off that this process takes forever, especially for people like us that have start the legal process with a k1 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I apologize in advance if this is a ridiculous question, but I'm hoping someone can help with some clarity! I have read a lot of panicky type of posts on this thread with regards to how long applications are taking to process. As I've read that once we receive the NOA form, the green card is temporarily extended for a year, I'm confused with how the processing time to have the conditions removed could hurt us if we already have the temp extension? What are the drawbacks (what can't we do while this is processing) to it taking so long?

Thanks!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Parkers27910 said:

I apologize in advance if this is a ridiculous question, but I'm hoping someone can help with some clarity! I have read a lot of panicky type of posts on this thread with regards to how long applications are taking to process. As I've read that once we receive the NOA form, the green card is temporarily extended for a year, I'm confused with how the processing time to have the conditions removed could hurt us if we already have the temp extension? What are the drawbacks (what can't we do while this is processing) to it taking so long?

Thanks!!!

I can't speak for anybody else but for me personally it's the simple fact that we are once again in limbo for a year...i.e. a lot of people have to renew their driver's licenses and can only renew them for one year, then if in a year's time they STILL haven't issued us our 10-year green cards people have to make INFOPASS appointments, get stamps in passports, surrender the 2-year green card in order to get said stamps which can cause some anxiety to hand over the only green card you have and be left with nothing. In the meantime there's the stress of traveling on an extension letter that not all airline officials recognize or believe is a legitimate travel document, worrying that you might get an RFE sometime in the next 12 months, wondering if you'll get called for an interview, etc. etc. etc. Yeah, our status remains legal, but when we've all paid so much money to USCIS just to have them once again drag out an administrative process...I think that stresses out a lot of people who just want to be DONE with USCIS for a while. Especially when we've all already adjusted status two years ago and been investigated thoroughly...I don't understand why that took 1/4 of the time this will! Nothing to be done about it of course, but I can understand the frustration. 🙂

Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 10:46 PM, ChristinaG said:

oddly no... I got the NOA1 for me... then the biometrics letters for the kids.... 

Hey.. Just got back from our local USCIS office - they stamped my son's passport with I-551 stamp!!!  The lady, an IO was really nice and helpful. She said there is no way to see from my Extension Letter that son's green card has been extended as well. So, he got his passport stamped since his NOA1 has never been received.

P.S. I'm, provably, more happy with that, than if he got his NOA1 (verification of inclusion)  - from what I've learnt a dependent's NOA1 arrives on a plane paper... There are no watermarks there or something.. it looks like you could print it  at home :) But stamp looks so "official"'! I even told the lady that I like it more than my watermarked NOA1 :) . She said "don't worry, you might have one as well, in a year, if your I-751 is still pending" ;) 

Edited by Ksenia_O

On 7/25/2017 at 11:18 AM, mimikado said:

Ho wow THAT was very close... and I thought I was good for procrastinating, I found my master here !

Did they cashed your check yet?

We applied for a fee waiver so we won/t hear until we get the NOA1 probably. Hopefully soon. ATleast I know that Vermont Service Center has it because I sent it priority with tracking and the tracking told me that they had received it two days later at about noon.

2 hours ago, Parkers27910 said:

Thanks!!!

It is true. You get a one year extension with the NOA letter. A lot of people, I think, want to be able to go on with the process of applying for citizenship which is the next step. You have to have an unconditional green card to be approved for Naturalization and most people will be eligible to apply for Natualizaton at 2yrs 9 months after conditional green card became valid which is one year after you became eligible to apply to lift the conditions. I think that some do not realize that it is possible to submit the I-400 even though the I-751 is still pending. I have heard that sometimes submitting this I-400 actually may cause a decision to the I-751 to be expedited. But I think the main reason for the worry is that the extension is for one year and they don't want that to pass before the I-751 is approved and they may also be worried about traveling outside the US with an expired green card and the extension letter but I have read that many people have had no problems doing this. 

2 hours ago, theanswerisdance said:

I can't speak for anybody else but for me personally it's the simple fact that we are once again in limbo for a year...i.e. a lot of people have to renew their driver's licenses and can only renew them for one year, then if in a year's time they STILL haven't issued us our 10-year green cards people have to make INFOPASS appointments, get stamps in passports, surrender the 2-year green card in order to get said stamps which can cause some anxiety to hand over the only green card you have and be left with nothing. In the meantime there's the stress of traveling on an extension letter that not all airline officials recognize or believe is a legitimate travel document, worrying that you might get an RFE sometime in the next 12 months, wondering if you'll get called for an interview, etc. etc. etc. Yeah, our status remains legal, but when we've all paid so much money to USCIS just to have them once again drag out an administrative process...I think that stresses out a lot of people who just want to be DONE with USCIS for a while. Especially when we've all already adjusted status two years ago and been investigated thoroughly...I don't understand why that took 1/4 of the time this will! Nothing to be done about it of course, but I can understand the frustration. 🙂

Yes. I agree. It is long but I am sure we are not the only country where this process is long. Bureaucracy is bureaucracy, plain and simple.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, CB & FM said:

Yes. I agree. It is long but I am sure we are not the only country where this process is long. Bureaucracy is bureaucracy, plain and simple.

I agree. For us, the immigration process in USA for me has been more straight forward than the immigration process in Mexico for my husband. That's the reason we are in USA. He had a lot of trouble getting his work permission there.

But basically with the extension letter you can do the same that with the Green Card, right? There is not limitation. So the worries are more subjective than objective.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.