JustinS

I-130 June 2017 Filers

744 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
53 minutes ago, kareng5 said:

hello everybody time its getting closer!!

texas and Potomac are working on march - april cases

Cheers to that. 🎉 We're hoping to wrap up everything by February or March. Hope we make it. Keep up hope everybody. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 9/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, CloveD said:

@JOL... thanks for all of this process information! Great explanation... and I really appreciate the effort. :)

No prob; we have all been there, and I would have been toast if those who went before me had not shared the benefit of their experience.  I was TOTALLY lost and second guessing everything; it really helped just to have people who could say, "yes, do that," "no, you do not need to do that" and, most importantly, "you also need to do THIS, even though none of the Homeland Securitys or States instructions anywhere say so."  Like the bit about putting the Beneficiarys name and case number at the bottom of each page in case they get separated from the file:  I did that and the NVC somehow STILL managed to not find my moms birth certificate despite our including TWO VERSIONS of it in our submission.

I cannot say enough good things about the VJ membership; it is almost uniformly polite, sympathetic, informative and accurate.  I will not say you will NEVER get false information here, but it is definitely the exception to the rule, and when it does happen it is usually apparent quickly because multiple people post a correction.  Probably the best thing to do is to carefully and repeatedly read the FAQs, then just ask lots of questions until the avalanche of information begins making coherent sense.

Good luck to you and everyone; here is to all of us enjoying a swift, safe and happy reunion with our respective families. :) 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

hi all, good morning,

I am new to this forum. I filed the I-130 form for my dad on Jun 27 and got the I-797C Notice of Action on Jul 17, 2017. My dad is currently in the US and needs to travel to Venezuela. I did not file the I-485 along with the I-130 form. Can he travel and come back to the US to complete his process??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Just an update after doing a lot of research in visa journey forums...

Potomac is working now on April filers

Texas looks like is stuck on march filers 

(Btw march was the month they received more I 130 applications) and Texas approved some April cases but they also sent the I129F for a K3 visa, that's why some people thought Texas was working on April filers, but no yet . 

Nebraska is working on December, January and some filers of February.  

So it looks like we have to wait 3-4 months more... 

TSC PD June 22. 😔

Edited by Elisa Segovia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/8/2017 at 2:29 AM, crespo said:

As for the agent don't listen to him he and everyone else only reads what's on the website they don't know if the cow really went over the moon, from what I gather they are almost in April so I'm guessing by November we can hear from them and for those of us with late June can look out for something by early or mid December

Amen to that. We just did a change of address last week and have been told that to get this in their system will most likely take about a month or two...well we received the letter at my husbands new address today stating changes have been saved to their system. Did not even take a whole week. 

What's your PD date? Ours is June 1st so I am really hoping to hear back from them beginning of december.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crispyxx said:

Amen to that. We just did a change of address last week and have been told that to get this in their system will most likely take about a month or two...well we received the letter at my husbands new address today stating changes have been saved to their system. Did not even take a whole week. 

What's your PD date? Ours is June 1st so I am really hoping to hear back from them beginning of december.

My priority date is june 2 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, crespo said:

My priority date is june 2 

Nice! So we should hopefully getting approvals around the same time. Fingers crossed 😊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Crispyxx said:

Oh that's nice to hear. My husband is moving in November so we're gonna have to go through that too. And maybe who knows we'll have the Interview in Frankfurt around the same time. :P

Wishing everybody good luck

Hi all, just found this thread.

I130 sent to Chicago Lockbox 06/20/17

Received 06/23/17 sent to Texas Service Centre.

Email notification Received 06/27/17

NOA1 Form I797-C Received 07/04/17

PD is 06/23/17, just chilling and waiting for the next step.

Good luck everyone, just be patient, it will happen!!

Edited by StuBear65

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.