MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
42 minutes ago, S.S said:

Oh did the embassy reply? Did they send the passport?

as soon I asked for them to send his passport back to him so he could travel they replied in less than 10 minutes. Now isn't that a kick in the pants? I have been emailing to both the embassy AND my congressman weekly with no response and just an update on CEAC but ask for the passport back and BOOM instant response saying where do you want it sent

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

27 minutes ago, tiyyo said:

as soon I asked for them to send his passport back to him so he could travel they replied in less than 10 minutes. Now isn't that a kick in the pants? I have been emailing to both the embassy AND my congressman weekly with no response and just an update on CEAC but ask for the passport back and BOOM instant response saying where do you want it sent

This is so annoying. Even after the interview wih no fault at our end we are waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Well got another email from the embassy this morning...my husband's passport is on it's way back to my husband without the visa....AP still waiting...

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. After 8 months and 3 weeks of waiting The Embassy sent me an email notifying me for my remedical. I just want to ask the embassy still has my passport, can I do the medical without it? Please answer me. Thank you

Timeline
On 6/2/2018 at 12:12 AM, Tarsha said:

Returned Medical on a Monday. 

Turned to Application Received on Tuesday

Turned back to Administrative Processing Wednesday 

Turned to issued Thursday 

Visa in hand the following Monday 

Hi Tarsha, you did your remedical right? Did you ask the embassy to send you bavk your pssport for your remedical?

2 hours ago, Nhona Scott said:

Hi guys. After 8 months and 3 weeks of waiting The Embassy sent me an email notifying me for my remedical. I just want to ask the embassy still has my passport, can I do the medical without it? Please answer me. Thank you

You live in Pakistan? If yes...yes you can do medical without passport but with its colored photocopy. As one of the members in this forum did this and got his visa after that. Please tell me did u give your interview in Islamabad Pakistan? My interview was on 20th september 2017 in Islamabad embassy. It's been 8 months and 3 weeks since then as well. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

You live in Pakistan? If yes...yes you can do medical without passport but with its colored photocopy. As one of the members in this forum did this and got his visa after that. Please tell me did u give your interview in Islamabad Pakistan? My interview was on 20th september 2017 in Islamabad embassy. It's been 8 months and 3 weeks since then as well. 

Im from Manila. Im not from pakistan. My interview was on sep 14th 2017. So I dont have to go to the embassy and pick up my passport for my remedical? I called the lady at the embassy too and she told me I shld just bring the printed copy of the email notification I received from the embassy and just present it at the clinic but then I got confused cos look what they said on their email

Edited by Nhona Scott

Timeline

Dear (my name)

We have reviewed your file and determined that you must do the following to continue and conclude the processing

of your visa application. After completing the requested action, you may view the status of your application at

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

_X__ 1.   You need to submit the document(s) marked below.  The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any

2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter This service is free of

charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to

print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.

___ 2.   You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked

below.  Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment. 

Documents:

___   Completed new online  DS-260 application forms  and must be filled out online at https://ceac.state.gov/iv/

___   Completed new online  DS-160 application forms  and must be filled out online at 

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/

___   DS-260/DS-160 online application form confirmation page for ______

___   Visa Application Fee (or its peso equivalent) per applicant

_X__   New medical report from St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic for you.

___   NBI Clearance for _______

___   Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from your petitioner

___   Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from a Joint Sponsor

___   Income Tax Returns (Form 1040), Wage Statements (Form W-2), and Proof of Current Employment from _____

___   Original and photocopy of Visa Screen Certificate

___   U.S. notarized job availability on company letterhead from your employer

___   Valid passport and all expired passport(s)

___   Visa photos (2 copies, 2 x 2)

___   Eligible for conversion from ____. The Priority date is not within the present qualifying date for___. Your

case will be returned to National Visa Center for safekeeping.

_X__   Others:  You may pick up your passport at the Embassy.

Please proceed to the Embassy’s Immigrant Visa Special Services Window (Window 36) Mondays through Fridays (excluding U.S. and Philippine holidays) between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. You should present   this letter to facilitate entry into the Embassy. Please also present this letter to the staff at Window 36 so  that we may begin processing your case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.