stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

There was good news about the possible shut down (kind of...).  USCIS is not part of the Federal payroll as they are a fee based system.  They may not shut down if the rest of the government does.  NVC is a different story but it looks like USCIS may still work through a shutdown.

Why is NVC a different story? I think I missed that explanation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'll be here still counting in 2018 😂😂😂

Today I had a meltdown! Yes yes I do too!!

Poor fiancé got soooo scared... (fear is good though I finally have that guest list I asked him to do in May 😂😂😂)

Had a meltdown also. Missing my Fiancé a lot. Hope my day comes soon. 

Just now, June2017UK said:

NVC is not a fee based organization so it is unclear if they will work.  The COs at the embassies are not essential personnel so they will not work.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

There was good news about the possible shut down (kind of...).  USCIS is not part of the Federal payroll as they are a fee based system.  They may not shut down if the rest of the government does.  NVC is a different story but it looks like USCIS may still work through a shutdown.

For NVC too it only slows down (like there's any more slowing possible...)

this morning I was on call like this:

me: government shut down we'll never be together 😭😭😭😭

fiance: government shutdown doesn't work like that....(poor fiancé stops the crisis and send all the links and explaining how it works)

me calm

me panic again

me: North Korea is comingggg 😭😭😭😭😭

fiance: you know you'd know it beforehand if they send wives and workers from the base right? (My roommates fiancé is in the base and we're moving literally 5 min away from base)

me calm again 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

Timeline
2 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

Budget comes from different sources.

but this fiscal years budget was already shaped so especially for those who already filed won't be affected much with that.

Just now, Naes said:

For NVC too it only slows down (like there's any more slowing possible...)

this morning I was on call like this:

me: government shut down we'll never be together 😭😭😭😭

fiance: government shutdown doesn't work like that....(poor fiancé stops the crisis and send all the links and explaining how it works)

me calm

me panic again

me: North Korea is comingggg 😭😭😭😭😭

fiance: you know you'd know it beforehand if they send wives and workers from the base right? (My roommates fiancé is in the base and we're moving literally 5 min away from base)

me calm again 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

Can I have his number?  I need his reassurance too!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

NVC is not a fee based organization so it is unclear if they will work.  The COs at the embassies are not essential personnel so they will not work.

Till the budget runs there's no change for them.

so it depends how long the shutdown would be for.

Just now, Naes said:

Budget comes from different sources.

but this fiscal years budget was already shaped so especially for those who already filed won't be affected much with that.

Will NVC non-essentials be furloghed?

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Can I have his number?  I need his reassurance too!

Ahahah that's why I'm marrying him ❤️

But i I know you're worried for Philippines and Guam area. If I get any update I'll update here too. For now everything is normal here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

But am I being blonde again ...he quoted this?

4 hours ago, SwimminginSync said:

From 2013 & 2014....

The U.S. Department of State continued toprocess visa and passport applications, using funds from fees, and consular services also continued. The department's Office of the Inspector General shut down. The State Department instituted a hiring freeze and delayed the start dates of applicants who received job offers.[64]

5 hours ago, SwimminginSync said:

Mmm...not sure a shutdown would having any impact of USCIS.... they are a component of Homeland Security...a pseudo government agency with no federal funding.... read.... 

Unlike most other federal agencies, USCIS is funded almost entirely by user fees.[7] Under President George W. Bush's FY2008 budget request, direct congressional appropriations made about 1% of the USCIS budget and about 99% of the budget was funded through fees. The total USCIS FY2008 budget was projected to be $2.6 billion.[8]

Just now, Naes said:

Ahahah that's why I'm marrying him ❤️

But i I know you're worried for Philippines and Guam area. If I get any update I'll update here too. For now everything is normal here.

I would appreciate that.  It is worrisome when your government sends out warnings like Rose and the kids got.  Stuff gets real very quickly.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Will NVC non-essentials be furloghed?

From what he said. They still work, human resources is the real shutdown. 

And theres a list list which places will get affected the most. 

But because immigration especially piles up they usually work within the budget. However they won't hire anyone if someone quits so that's scary because that can slow things down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Karl miles said:

Thank you all for your support. This has been a very difficult and long process and there's still a long ways to go. Everyday I read and I stay up to date with what's happening. The people  here saved countless phone calls to my attorney. Because I can see everybody is waiting just like me going through the pain. I have been extremely fortunate because I have had the ability to stay with my fiance the entire time. My visa is good in Russia for 3 years and I can stay 6 months at a time. I have a multiple entry visa for the Russian Federation. Now if I might include this. I have to give a big thanks to the Russian Federation. They are an adversary to the United States. They have treated me extremely well every time I enter the airport. The entire time I was in Russia I was treated very very well. My fiance and I took a trip to Israel unfortunately I cannot say the same thing for Israel it was so bad we left within 24 hours of landing in Israel. Are so-called good friends in Israel. That detain me for several hours without food and water interrogated me and intimidated me so bad we both decided to leave. I never had respect for Russia in my lifetime but I do now! This whole process has been learning experience. But I cannot express my thank you for all the people on this list that have contributed and kept me up to date. I think you are.the best  I wish you all the best of luck and I'm sure that all of us will be getting good news very soon.

Good luck comrade. May you continue to enjoy the bounty and freedoms of mother Russia. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

But am I being blonde again ...he quoted this?

Uscis and NVC is different organizations.. so the fees only apply to uscis.

budget is separated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.