1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my husband and I just called USCIS to check on the status for EAD and AOS. So because he made a SR 21 days ago for the EAD, she couldn't give any information because we have to wait 30 days. As for the AOS, she told us that our office in Atlanta, Ga are just now working on the applications from September 2016. I asked if it could take a year and she stated that it could but not necessarily. This is very discouraging. We just need him to start working. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jass said:

So my husband and I just called USCIS to check on the status for EAD and AOS. So because he made a SR 21 days ago for the EAD, she couldn't give any information because we have to wait 30 days. As for the AOS, she told us that our office in Atlanta, Ga are just now working on the applications from September 2016. I asked if it could take a year and she stated that it could but not necessarily. This is very discouraging. We just need him to start working. 

I personally think the information of Atlanta field office that she gave you is just from the website "processing time" in USCIS. And somehow this information could be sometimes much different with your real processing time , I encourage you to check Atlanta filed office's "processing time" on VisaJourney, which I think is more accurate.

Good luck to you and your husband!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LaughingBuddha said:

I personally think the information of Atlanta field office that she gave you is just from the website "processing time" in USCIS. And somehow this information could be sometimes much different with your real processing time , I encourage you to check Atlanta filed office's "processing time" on VisaJourney, which I think is more accurate.

Thank you. I will do that 

29 minutes ago, LaughingBuddha said:

Completely agree! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello friends, how long does it take for my status to change after they receive I-485 RFE? And does RFE affect my EAD( will it delay)? Today is 72days since they received🤔

3 hours ago, miki0630 said:

Hello friends, how long does it take for my status to change after they receive I-485 RFE? And does RFE affect my EAD( will it delay)? Today is 72days since they received🤔

What kind of RFE it was?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Fox087 said:

If it's was rfe NOT IRFE, so it should not postopone. Good luck 

I hope and pray.. thank you

Hello guys. Just for information: had appointment 10 mins ago at Phoenix field office. Wanted to expedite 485, as I have offer admission for the University and as a resident my fee can be singnificatly decreased, however they said that it's not enough for expedition, but I have a good chance that my interview will be scheduled in the next 60-90 days...will hope. Document were sent on 26th June. At the site my status still - fingerprints fee was received. However I did biometric 36 days ago and already received my EAD

Also they said that the case now is under the security check...very interesting, does it mean that security check for 131 and 765 is not the same as for 485? Because as I mentioned above, I already received my EAD. Or was it just "standard phrase"?:)

1 hour ago, Fox087 said:

Hello guys. Just for information: had appointment 10 mins ago at Phoenix field office. Wanted to expedite 485, as I have offer admission for the University and as a resident my fee can be singnificatly decreased, however they said that it's not enough for expedition, but I have a good chance that my interview will be scheduled in the next 60-90 days...will hope. Document were sent on 26th June. At the site my status still - fingerprints fee was received. However I did biometric 36 days ago and already received my EAD

Wow! Can't believe you got your EAD 36 days after your biometrics, that's awesome! - looks like we both did bios in Phoenix on the exact same day and I'm still waiting for my status to change on AP/EAD. Unfortunately, it means I missed a very important trip back home :(( 

Did your status for the EAD change online, or did it just show up in the mail? I've heard some people see it arrive in the mail before status has even been changed.

42 minutes ago, wildling99 said:

Wow! Can't believe you got your EAD 36 days after your biometrics, that's awesome! - looks like we both did bios in Phoenix on the exact same day and I'm still waiting for my status to change on AP/EAD. Unfortunately, it means I missed a very important trip back home :(( 

Did your status for the EAD change online, or did it just show up in the mail? I've heard some people see it arrive in the mail before status has even been changed.

Hi!

i received it so quickly as I expedite 131 petition ( my relative died, I sent a copy of death of certificate and just after 2 week when they received it I had my card in hands...no, status cnanged from status case was received just to status card was mailed. And after card was mailed I received paper approvals. I think they don't care about update statuses carefully...

2 minutes ago, Réina17 said:

Got my 2 year green card yesterday!

June 19 filer

July 12 Biometrics

August 28 Interview

70 days total from filing to interview! ❤️

Congrats!!!

Your interview was fairly soon after your biometrics all things considered

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.