Riya

Mumbai consulate- K1 visa

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SMcNally said:

FYI I went to schedule my appointment today (April 3) and I can get one as soon as April 5. In fact, there are tons of slots open for April and May.

So when is u r interview after u r interview what happen let share u r experience with in this so it's can help other's plz 

Timeline
2 hours ago, SMcNally said:

FYI I went to schedule my appointment today (April 3) and I can get one as soon as April 5. In fact, there are tons of slots open for April and May.

Thanks, I was wondering how far out the interview dates were. My fiance is still in the process of completing the DS-160 form. Were you able to pay online? Did it take sometime after payment to schedule your interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ash1234 said:

Thanks, I was wondering how far out the interview dates were. My fiance is still in the process of completing the DS-160 form. Were you able to pay online? Did it take sometime after payment to schedule your interview?

Yes it will take time after payment bcz online transfer it take time to get accept the code online wait for 1 day ok... 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Saleem said:

So when is u r interview after u r interview what happen let share u r experience with in this so it's can help other's plz 

2 hours ago, ash1234 said:

Once you finish the DS-160, you have to go to the US Travel Docs website. Create an account. Start an application. Takes 2-5 minutes to reach the payment stage. There are 3 or 4 ways to pay. I did a NEFT transfer. In about 12 hours, when I logged onto to the site again, it said there was receipt number that I could use (i.e. the payment went through and I was issued a receipt number). You enter that number and that takes you to the interview date page. They seemed to have dates from April 5th all the way to end June. Unfortunately, for me I am not in India and will be back only in July. I am looking for a July date for my interview. So, I may have to wait until there are dates for July. But a lot of folks on this thread seemed to have problems booking earlier dates. Hopefully, that is resolved now.

Timeline

@SMcNally or anyone that has lived in two states in India. My fiance is currently living in Bangalore but is from South India, do you know if he has to do two police clearances in both states or is it fine if he just does it Bangalore? It seems redundant to have two police clearances in different states, but one of my friends who has gone through the K1 process did police clearances in all the states where he lived in India. So I just wanted to be sure before my fiance makes a trip back home. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post edited due to personal information being posted. Please use the private message system on VJ and not post your personal information on a Public forum.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 hours ago, ash1234 said:

@SMcNally or anyone that has lived in two states in India. My fiance is currently living in Bangalore but is from South India, do you know if he has to do two police clearances in both states or is it fine if he just does it Bangalore? It seems redundant to have two police clearances in different states, but one of my friends who has gone through the K1 process did police clearances in all the states where he lived in India. So I just wanted to be sure before my fiance makes a trip back home. 

No need off 2.  pcc just give 1 pcc from home state that's it's and if there is any case in India they directly show on ader card so don't worry 

Timeline
19 hours ago, ash1234 said:

Get it from Bangalore i.e. the place of current residence. One police clearance is required. It's a lot easier if you're fiance's address in his passport is the same as his current address. I posted my PCC experience here:

Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 8:43 AM, Saleem said:

Still waiting for July dates to open up.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JazzAbi said:

Hello guys, 

Is it necessary to make an insurance before I travel to US? 

I don't think so there is need off insurance..... 

Timeline
11 hours ago, JazzAbi said:

Hello guys, 

Thanks for the interview writeup. I don't think you need insurance but keep in mind that healthcare is very expensive in the USA. Just consulting with a doctor can cost more than $200 and a simple blood test that costs Rs 1000 in India can cost $1000.

13 hours ago, JazzAbi said:

Hello guys, 

Your soon to be spouse should be able to add you to his health insurance once you two are married in the US. You do not need a visitors-type insurance prior to traveling, if that's what you're asking about. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

Is anyone else having issues checking the visa status on CEAC? When I press submit, the website keeps running and eventually nothing happens. 

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.