Riya

Mumbai consulate- K1 visa

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

And you can look up what is in Packet 4 at any time on the consulate website:

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/MumbaiIVPacket-4-for-Ks-January-2017-Rev.pdf

That’s the biggest question. If everyone is sent the similar packet then why do we have to WAIT to receive embassy letter to proceed with other steps? Does the letter state something special about the case or includes our name?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Amit M said:

That’s the biggest question. If everyone is sent the similar packet then why do we have to WAIT to receive embassy letter to proceed with other steps? Does the letter state something special about the case or includes our name?

Ok, I was curious so I looked through what my Amit sent me. :) He got an email from US Travel Docs about a month after our NOA2 (16 days after case was "Ready" at Mumbai). 

The email, which was in the format of a US Travel Docs case inquiry response, included his:

Name

Address

Case number (the one starting with BMB)

Birth Date

If I were you, as long as I had the case # and it was Ready at Mumbai, I would try to submit the DS-160. Actually, I would get your PCC even before that because it can take some time if you don't have a passport or if the regional passport authorities decide they want "chai paani" money.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Ok, I was curious so I looked through what my Amit sent me. :) He got an email from US Travel Docs about a month after our NOA2 (16 days after case was "Ready" at Mumbai). 

The email, which was in the format of a US Travel Docs case inquiry response, included his:

Name

Address

Case number (the one starting with BMB)

Birth Date

If I were you, as long as I had the case # and it was Ready at Mumbai, I would try to submit the DS-160. Actually, I would get your PCC even before that because it can take some time if you don't have a passport or if the regional passport authorities decide they want "chai paani" money.

Haha chai paani. Forsho, welcome to india. At this time I’ll give them full breakfast to get my PCC faster. Haha. And thanks for that info.

and this Indian process is more tedious than uscis or nvc. And as for medical, on ustravel website now it only shows four locations thruout india for medical. Did that show up when you guys were getting one too or I wonder if it had recently changed? Cuz this way I might have to travel to Mumbai twice :(

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Haha chai paani. Forsho, welcome to india. At this time I’ll give them full breakfast to get my PCC faster. Haha. And thanks for that info.

and this Indian process is more tedious than uscis or nvc. And as for medical, on ustravel website now it only shows four locations thruout india for medical. Did that show up when you guys were getting one too or I wonder if it had recently changed? Cuz this way I might have to travel to Mumbai twice :(

LOL Do not get me started on Indian bureaucracy! The PCC was easy-peasy but it took my fiance MONTHS and several willing but ultimately unhelpful uncles to get his birth certificate. He literally got it 2 days before he scheduled his interview--just in the nick of time. Get all the Indian documents done ASAP. 

Like I said, email US Travel Docs as soon as possible and ask them if you can do the K1 medical at an approved hospital in Delhi (I think Max is the only one these days) even though your interview is in Mumbai. That way you'll have it straight from them. Since they've been shifting K1s and, more recently, CR1s to Mumbai, there could be other changes afoot.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Shivamke said:

Does the medical have to be done in Mumbai or can it be done in Delhi? Same with the biometrics? Sorry this is all so confusing! 

I'm not sure about the medical. But when you sign up for your interview on ustraveldocs you also choose where you want to get your biometrics done. The options for the biometrics are Chennai, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata & Hyderabad. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Shivamke said:

Does the medical have to be done in Mumbai or can it be done in Delhi? Same with the biometrics? Sorry this is all so confusing! 

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-Physicians-for-Mumbai-Applicants.pdf

Thats the list of approved places for the medical

Timeline

Our visa status on CEAC has been changed to  "Issued" this morning. How soon can he pick up with visa? Did it usually take just a couple of days for the visa to be printed and ready for pickup?

I never thought I'd say this but because of this visa process, I actually hate the weekends lol

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Timeline
15 hours ago, Shivamke said:

Can be done in Delhi or any of the other places that are approved  by the embassy. Biometrics too doesn't have to be done in Bombay.

Timeline

So CEAC status is "Issued" and the status on the cgifederal website changed from "Embassy is still at US consulate" to "Document Delivery Information:" and its blank. Any idea what that means?

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Timeline
On 4/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, Amit M said:

I don't think you have to wait for the letter. Once your case is ready on the CEAC website, go ahead with the DS-160, setting up the interview etc.

Timeline
On 4/15/2018 at 8:18 PM, mcgee201 said:

So CEAC status is "Issued" and the status on the cgifederal website changed from "Embassy is still at US consulate" to "Document Delivery Information:" and its blank. Any idea what that means?

Hi,

Congratualtions on ur K1 visa approval, I’m a december filer still waiting for NOA2.....

a request, could u plz write a review about your Interview at the Consulate.

Timeline
On 4/5/2018 at 6:28 AM, JazzAbi said:

Hi guys,  

I have shared my interview experience on my timeline that took place on 29th March 2018 at Mumbai consulate.

Hi, 

thanks for the review, it certainly helps😊

Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiancee (in India) has moved around several times within India to different states (has been staying at her current place for 2 years). Is it necessary to get a PCC from each district of state that she has resided in?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.