dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nana&Akua said:

I had a similar issue with birth certificate and no amount of calls or request for expedite processing will do.  I later accepted the fate and believed all things work together for our good and humbly sent in the requested birth certificate on 24/04....its been 7 weeks now and 4 more to go. Take heart you are almost done with all this immigration process

Did you send same birth certificate? or birth certificate was actually wrong?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Exan said:

It's under review department now

Do you guys know how long this is going to take when it's under review?

It could be anywhere from 1 week to 2-3.

View column "i"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM/edit#gid=809457694

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, terrificlady said:

I called NVC and was told I had case complete on the 6th of June 2017.  I am awaiting the case complete letter which will indicate date of interview.  How long does it take to get that letter?

What was your scan date?

Maybe two weeks or less. See column "P" in the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM/edit#gid=809457694

1 hour ago, Exan said:

It's under review department now

Do you guys know how long this is going to take when it's under review?

Apologies for repeating but you have now entered the black hole because it means your document is checked for:

• The correct paper size (letter - not A4 or others)
  • Printed out in a nice format (not too creative with additional flowers, scrolls or certificate type embossing)
  • A boring font (Times new roman is preferred and it is not listed in any procedure)
  • That your document can be recycled later ( origami flowers, paper planes, water bombs)
  • A signature which does not look like anything else you may have signed (helps delay any decision or action until after lunch)
  • Has thick margins necessary for decision making doodles and your use of English score ( spell check for non-American English use ... red circles for use of s and not z ...need over 30 after June 30th to make the review department leader board)
  • Making sense to a 7 year old ( just in case it is bring your child to work day as they can work alongside parent to improve productivity so parent can relax the next day from the stress of taking child to work!)

As for you being in the department, we all are all in review treated like :jest::jest:  .....and some come out quick and others take 4-12 weeks plus

9 hours ago, Mellisa said:

This will not be a problem i sent my documents before i paid my iv fee.after the fee clear and you fill out the ds260 that will be your new scan date

actually it is a problem because i paid my fees and it took 2 weeks to clear because nvc kept updating the sight i along with numerous other ppl had the same issue even if you sent the documents in before untill the fees are cleared u wont receive your final scan date........ and yes it helps to call nvc

Edited by trininurse

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, cadtousa said:

hello guys,

I called NVC today and they said there is no way out. we have to send proof of residence to nvc by mail. :(

You didn’t send a birth certificate to nvc?

5 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

You didn’t send a birth certificate to nvc?

Hi Dre,

I have sent birth certificate. Actually I am born and citizen of another country and PR in Canada. But we already sent PR card to USCIS for I-130 and for NVC docs they have not mentioned regarding proof of residence. So anyway now we have to wait again. :(

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

Hi Dre,

I have sent birth certificate. Actually I am born and citizen of another country and PR in Canada. But we already sent PR card to USCIS for I-130 and for NVC docs they have not mentioned regarding proof of residence. So anyway now we have to wait again. :(

Wow, get it sent again ASAP and hang in there. My case is being reviewed now and I hope all is well because I honestly don’t think I can handle another couple weeks of waiting.... 

30 minutes ago, trininurse said:

actually it is a problem because i paid my fees and it took 2 weeks to clear because nvc kept updating the sight i along with numerous other ppl had the same issue even if you sent the documents in before untill the fees are cleared u wont receive your final scan date........ and yes it helps to call nvc

I'm having this issue right now. I called and she said to email my proof that I paid (receipts from NVC along with a printout of my bank statement showing the fees were taken out). I did this today. Did they tell you why this happened? I paid on the 6th of June. 

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.