Natalie_Bart

Processing times after RFE submittal

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I sent in the documents for the RFE on 5/12 and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it generally takes to process the visa from here? Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Once they have issued an RFE, that means they are actively working on your case....congrats!  Now, to answer your question, you should see action on your case within two weeks.  For us, it was one week, but I see various people state that they see results from one-two weeks.  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/15/2017 at 3:57 PM, cbj said:

so far, mine has been almost 4 weeks. still no update.

I received my NOA2 in the mail yesterday and the USCIS website has not been udpated. It still says RFE Rec'd. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, cbj said:

I received my NOA2 in the mail yesterday and the USCIS website has not been udpated. It still says RFE Rec'd. 

That's interesting. When did you send in your original application? They notified me yesterday that they received my RFE documents and were resuming with the processing of my case, so I'm curious what to expect next. Thanks! And congrats on your approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Natalie_Bart said:

That's interesting. When did you send in your original application? They notified me yesterday that they received my RFE documents and were resuming with the processing of my case, so I'm curious what to expect next. Thanks! And congrats on your approval

Thank you! Good luck to you! It's an painful waiting process. Hopefully now ours is out of USCIS's hands, it will move a little faster.

I-129F Sent : 2016-12-14
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-12-19
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-04-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-04-20 (Their received date)
I-129F NOA2 :

2017-05-11

I submitted the form to be emailed with status updates. I only received one status update by email which was from the lockbox location for the original receipt of my application.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Olgaolga said:

USCIS received our REF documents on April 21. Almost a month ago. We continue to wait. Patience is running out. But they can review the documents within 60 days .... sad///

It's tough--I'm in the same situation. Hang in there!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Emmz said:

we just got RFE today 😢 we are january filers 2017 

I also filed in January. I received the RFE on 5/12 and overnighted the documents back to USCIS, so I'm hoping it will move along relatively quickly from here. You don't really know what to expect though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Natalie_Bart said:

I also filed in January. I received the RFE on 5/12 and overnighted the documents back to USCIS, so I'm hoping it will move along relatively quickly from here. You don't really know what to expect though.

what RFE did u get from USCIS?

Timeline
On 5/18/2017 at 10:59 AM, Natalie_Bart said:

how many days did u received the noa2 after u submit ur RFE in uscis? and what is ur RFE if u dont mind thanks

Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 10:42 PM, cbj said:

Thank you! Good luck to you! It's an painful waiting process. Hopefully now ours is out of USCIS's hands, it will move a little faster.

I-129F Sent : 2016-12-14
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-12-19
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-04-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-04-20 (Their received date)
I-129F NOA2 :

2017-05-11

I submitted the form to be emailed with status updates. I only received one status update by email which was from the lockbox location for the original receipt of my application.

hope we got our NOA2 sooon 🙏🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.