Priority Date: May 25, 2017
Notice Date: May 29, 2017
Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017
Finger Prints: June 22, 2017
In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017
Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018
Interview letter received: March 12, 2018
Interview: April 11th, 2018 - Passed

Hi Steelers, congrats! Can I ask you, had you also previously filed the i-751, and were they processed together? We filed our n-400 almost the same day, and they've told us they will bring the i-751 and n-400 together for one interview. The i-751 is at our local NYC office, but the n-400 status (at the NBC) hasn't evolved since the Biometrics message in May, 2017. I'm just curious about your experience with those two applications together, if that was what you did. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Bushwick said:

Hi Steelers, congrats! Can I ask you, had you also previously filed the i-751, and were they processed together? We filed our n-400 almost the same day, and they've told us they will bring the i-751 and n-400 together for one interview. The i-751 is at our local NYC office, but the n-400 status (at the NBC) hasn't evolved since the Biometrics message in May, 2017. I'm just curious about your experience with those two applications together, if that was what you did. Thanks!

My husbands application was only for the N-400. 

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 4/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, NC1987 said:

I may need to book a flight back to the UK, due to an illness in the family. I passed my interview of 2nd April 208, and the interviewer advised I should receive documentation in 2 weeks (which would be 16th April). Id there any suggestions of how I may be able to expedite this? is it worth calling USCIS? etc as I don't want to be on a plane or 3500 miles away if/ when something happens to my nan. 

I'm not sure you want to expedite it at this point, unless you plan to stay in the UK for a long time. If you are in a hurry to take a trip, I would think it is better to take it before you naturalize (worst case scenario you have a good reason for postponing your oath). If you manage to get a quick oath and then fly later, you will need to fly on a US passport (at least when leaving and reentering the US), so that may delay you even more.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, Lelita said:

I wanted to be over with this process, it's stressing and I applied back in early June 2017.

already applied for my passport. It's a good feeling not having to think about USCIS ever in my life.

I understand...I applied in May 2017 and it's been a long road since my initial K1 visa back in Feb 2013.

I got my oath letter by the way, happy it came so that I can plan my travel around it! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I've been on hiatus for a while, but thought I should complete my data point.

I naturalized on 4/17/2018!

There were some hiccups along the way, my test/oath appointment was cancelled due to systems being down. Then on the reschedule there was a snow storm so I was able to complete my interview, but was not able to do my oath. Finally, I took my oath at Westwood NJ at a small library. It was a nice small group. I believe there were 17 of us representing 11 countries. Interesting tidbit: I was classified as my birth country rather than my citizenship country. All those still waiting, hang in there, you're time will come.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

got interview date

Service Center : Lewisville TX Lockbox
CIS Office : New York City NY
Date Filed : 2017-05-20
NOA Date : 2017-05-30
Bio. Appt. : 2017-06-12
Interview Date : 2018-05-24

Filed: Timeline

Finally done and over with USCIS. 

Had my ceremony yesterday, it was in a library, around 50 people or so from around 10 different countries. It was a surreal experience and glad this journey is finally over. 

Hang in in there guys, you will get there eventually. Patience is the real key for this process. 

Good luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.