lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, laufine said:

Hi guys, I've finished my journey yesterday. I took the Oath in Los Angeles with other 3275 new citizens.

Hope you all will finish the journey soon.

Congrats @laufine! Enjoy the finish line. Thanks for sharing the journey with us

2 hours ago, jabbal said:

Waitinggame16.. any idea when the status will change online from interview to Oath  ??

Thanks

I'm not in line for oath yet. However my interviewer said the same that oath should be in 3-4 weeks.id like to be done now but I'm not expecting a letter for a week or 2 yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have my interview coming up in April going through my application I realized that I made a mistake on part 12 where it says pledge of allegiance 45-50 I was suppose to check yes for all but I check No .will this error affect my application? Anyone suggest on what to do ?pls I need urgent respond thx to u all 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 21/03/2018 at 6:34 PM, currentuser said:

@nitrous_guy  

Congratulations..a real descriptive and helpful update. Couple of questions -

1. So since they took your snaps. Probably they did not ask for two photographs?

2. What is the parking scene at Chicago Office...is it better to take train ?

3. Do they allow kids to come in?

I have my interview in 3 weeks in the same office...

Congrats ! I had the same civic questions :)

On 3/21/2018 at 5:00 PM, nitrous_guy said:

Had my interview today at the Chicago office.  

It it was a breeze. Very nice female officer. 

Box ticked on piece of paper was “recommended for approval”. 

Process went like this :

Pass security line

Go up to second floor, follow directions to citizenship interview which is to the right, if you take the stairs. 

Then you see the person behind the glass, who gives you a number.

This is where I think gets really bad. You are asked to sit down and there are two doors. One on left and one on the right. You have to constantly keep on hearing from what door an officer will come and call your number.

Anyhow, our number got called, my wife and my kid were asked not to come inside and wait outside. 

I follow the officer to her room, she asks me to put my stuff down and stand up with right hand up and take oath.

She has my file and ask me for 4 things, my interview letter, my drivers license, my passport and my green card. 

She takes photocopies of everything except the interview letter and then asks me for my left and right index finger scan for fingerprints. 

After this she takes my photo. 

Then she go through file and asks for my name, dob and when we got married. 

She asks me for our marriage certificate since the one I provided wasn’t good quality, so she scanned and printer our original marriage certificate that I provided to her. She puts this new copy onto our file. 

Asks me a few more questions regarding my current job and my telephone number and whether they have changed. 

I had a new job and a new number since I sent in my application, so she asked me if my job was in the same field , and I said yes. Then she updated my new number on my application and on her computer. 

She asks me if any of my trips were longer than 6 months , I said no. 

Now came the test part. Questions asked:

what is freedom of religion

when was the constitution written

what state borders Canada

what Ocean is on the east coast

what age must you register for selective service

How many US senators are there

she stopped the test here and then proceed to ask me to read from one of the 3 questions on a piece of paper:

what is the color of the United stage flag

then she hands me another piece of paper and asks me to write in the answer, that she tells me:

the color of the the flag is red, blue and white. 

She then proceeds to my application again, asking the yes/no questions. 

During these yes/no questions, she asked me what does the constitution mean to me, what does the president do and what does jail mean to me. I answered these questions, and I guess she was happy with my answers lol. 

Then she said that I had more than enough paperwork and she was happy with it. 

Sbe he told me I passed all my test and then she prints a document that she says for me to check since that’s what will show on the citizenship certificate. It had my full name, my nationality and a couple of other things that I can’t remember. Point was to make sure the spelling etc were all correct.  When I was happy she asked me sign on that piece of paper. 

She then prints another piece of paper that had her name and she crossed two boxes with a red pen:

pass the test

recommended for approval 

she then said that I will get something in the mail in 3-4 weeks. 

Whole process took at max 30 mins. 

Know your answers and your application and it should be easy!

Hopefully this experience is helpful for others :)

Conratulations , I had my interview at the same day :) same office.. Mine Approved too :)   please update us whenever you received oath letter or updated online on case status.. :)  Thanks

Timeline
On 13/03/2018 at 11:31 AM, Lela37 said:

The good news is you are done with the hard part of the process. That is exactly what she asked me when I answerd I owe taxes and once I gave her that payment agreement she said the approved me on the spot. My oath is on April 6. Once you receive that letter just go and handle to him in person. 

Good luck to you!

@Lela37 

i received yesterday the installment agreement letter  ( tax 2016 ) from The IRS as I got the form n14 from the IO the day of my interview for it .

so I was happy because I still had time to hand it to the IO today but then, after I gave it to him , I ca he led the letter again and it say 3012 and 2016 . 

Mu hisbqnd does not owe any taxes from 2012 ( I am under 3 years rule ) I came in 2014 .

do you think that will be an issue ??? Because the IO ales for 2016 payment agreement as I told him that we still owe IRS and we stated paying them .

now I am stressed again .

should I send him a letter explaining that we owe nothing from 2012 with a proof like tax transcript of 2012 ? Or I just wait for his decision ??

That letter has only my husband’s name and I had an other fax from IRS with the same letter mentioning my name and my husband’s name about installment agreement for 2016 taxes .

i sent him every thing any way .

but I still worry about this mistake from IRS .

What should I do ???

please do you think it will affect his decision ?

thanks 

Edited by hopephilly

2 hours ago, hopephilly said:

@Lela37 

i received yesterday the installment agreement letter  ( tax 2016 ) from The IRS as I got the form n14 from the IO the day of my interview for it .

so I was happy because I still had time to hand it to the IO today but then, after I gave it to him , I ca he led the letter again and it say 3012 and 2016 . 

Mu hisbqnd does not owe any taxes from 2012 ( I am under 3 years rule ) I came in 2014 .

do you think that will be an issue ??? Because the IO ales for 2016 payment agreement as I told him that we still owe IRS and we stated paying them .

now I am stressed again .

should I send him a letter explaining that we owe nothing from 2012 with a proof like tax transcript of 2012 ? Or I just wait for his decision ??

That letter has only my husband’s name and I had an other fax from IRS with the same letter mentioning my name and my husband’s name about installment agreement for 2016 taxes .

i sent him every thing any way .

but I still worry about this mistake from IRS .

What should I do ???

please do you think it will affect his decision ?

thanks 

you should wait for his decision. You will be fine since you only owe for 2016 and that's the agreement with the IRS. I owed from 2016 and that's what I showed her, she was satisfied with it. Just don't go crazy and wait for the decision

you will be fine

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lela37 said:

you should wait for his decision. You will be fine since you only owe for 2016 and that's the agreement with the IRS. I owed from 2016 and that's what I showed her, she was satisfied with it. Just don't go crazy and wait for the decision

you will be fine

I will , thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 3/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, currentuser said:

I have my interview in 3 weeks in the same office...

Yay! What is your interview date? We filed about a month and a half after you at the same office, so hopefully it's getting closer...

2 hours ago, hopephilly said:

I will , thanks 

I hope you get good news soon, I know this journey isn't easy. I'm can't wait for April 6 and be done with USCIS once and for all.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lela37 said:

I hope you get good news soon, I know this journey isn't easy. I'm can't wait for April 6 and be done with USCIS once and for all.

8 hours ago, Lela37 said:

You are almost done 😉 

thanks for your support 👍

5 hours ago, Suzzzieq said:

My case is still at biometrics scheduled phase, which i had completed. It’s been almost 11 months and the case hasnt moved

Same here. I sent out service request via myuscis tools menu under Notice Wasn't delivered and called the 800 number to speak with a L2 rep. None yielded any results. My local office -Philly- seems to get N400 processed within 9 months. But the newly designed  uscis website pilot claims 11-15 months for naturalization.  Asking a congressman or the uscis ombudsman  to intervene when out of processing time frame may help. But until then, there's very little to nothing we can do. Remaining positive is the only thing helping for now.

Timeline
On 09/03/2018 at 12:37 AM, laufine said:

Just received the letter for Oath Ceremony for March 20th. I think I finally finish my journey to become a citizen of this great country. 

Guys, hope you all will finish the journey soon. 

@laufine

hello, how are you ?

i a sorry to burger you again but I have an important question .

Did you get the IRS installment payment proof by the form 4506-t ?

i am asking you this because I have my IRS installment agreement letter TO THE IO ( I revived it Thursday and I went to the uscis office Friday ) . It was 8 pages that the IRS sent me .

but I was surprised again when I received  this morning in my mail box the same continuation letter that I’ve got the day of my interview showing a second line saying this :

official agreement. An be obtained free of charge by filing the form 4506-t  With the IRS .

2 -  this line explains why the form 4506-t means . 

I am very confused because I thought the letter that the IRS sent me was enough but I guess I have to request it again by this form .

Please help !

thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys, anyone from San Francisco field office receive interview scheduled notification yet? 

AOS.....

May 24, 2014 (day 0) Mailed my form I-130, I-485, I-758 via UPS
May 27, 2014 (day 3) Packaged delivered
Jun 11, 2014 (day 18) Txt/email received (Finally)
Jun 16, 2014 (day 23) NOA paper form

Jun 19, 2014 (day 26) Received Biometrics appointment for 07/07/2014

Jun 27, 2014 (day 34) Biometrics done (early walk-in)

Jul 02, 2014 RFE email/txt notification

Jul 07 2014 Receive RFE yellow form, asking for sponsors W2, Tax papers

Jul 22 2014 Mailed RFE response

Jul 24 2014 Received: Evidence Response Review

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 03 2014 EAD Approved

Sep 08 2014 Case moved to Testing and Interview

Sep 11 2014 EAD/AP COMBO CARD Received

Oct 01 2014 Interview scheduled for 11/04/2014

Oct 02 2014 Interview Notice Received for 11/04/2014

Nov 04 2014 Interview(no decision).but got an approval update few hrs later, GC to production.

Nov 07 2014 Welcome to the United State of America notice received

Nov 12 2014 GC Received

----I-751 Removing Conditions------------------------------------------

Aug 08 2016 Mail form I-751 ROC via USPS

Aug 09 2016 Next day Delivery (Package Delivered)

Aug 11 2016 Check Cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.