lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

@n400_may_2017

Comparing your time line with others within your local USCIS office will give you an idea when your application should be processed. But my guess is that your N400 application has been delayed a bit for one reason or another just like mine. Yet I also learned from different forums that once you reach one year from application received date things tend to move. 

On Monday morning May 21st  I got notification that my application was placed in line for interview then later in the day another text that my interview was scheduled. Five days later I got my interview letter set for June 26th. After 380 days I finally got that little glimpse of light at end of tunnel. I know you will too. Keep checking that App and see where everyone else is in tetms of this whole process. But keep being optimistic and hopefully you'll hear something soon. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Good news - to all - the Oath is happening!  (after a few hiccups due to moving - just as the interview letter was in the mail

please update my info

cmellgren......|05/09/14|05/22|05/24|05/24/17|06/16/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|04/16/18|06/21/18|Memphis,TN....| 

congrats to all - are pictures/videos allowed at the oath ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all, I’ve been absent off this board for a long time, so congrats to everyone who’s gotten to take their oath. We received an email this morning and I’m hoping it’s good news, as we haven’t heard anything in almost a year. However the email doesn’t make sense to me. 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC********

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On January 6, 2017, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number WAC********, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is UNAVAILABLE. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

So what does this mean?

@cmellgren

Congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. I don't personally have experience as to whether we are able video tape the ceremony but I assume it is ok since I've seen a few on YouTube. But then again if yours will be a judicial ceremony it might be a bit different but you can always bring your phone then ask of it was ok to document your big day.

g'luck man and let us know how it goes. I think I want to do the same :)

@susysteele :

I've received the same email then next morning a text message saying the same thing even though my removal of conditions application was already approved a year ago. Didn't know what to think of it except some communication malfunction I guess? 

I don't know how many people had this notification pop up once more a year later after being already approved in 2017.

I'm just really hoping it won't mess up my upcoming naturalization interview.

14 hours ago, susysteele said:

Hi all, I’ve been absent off this board for a long time, so congrats to everyone who’s gotten to take their oath. We received an email this morning and I’m hoping it’s good news, as we haven’t heard anything in almost a year. However the email doesn’t make sense to me. 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC********

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On January 6, 2017, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number WAC********, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is UNAVAILABLE. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

So what does this mean?

Looks like you weren't the only one.

Thread was created here:

I recieved it too - seems to be just an error on their side - but maybe more will be known later.

Cheers!

AOS

03/08/2014 (Day 000) AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox including - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131
05/12/2014 (Day 060) Successful walk-in biometrics completed at Varick ST ASC

05/14/2014 (Day 062) Received text and e-mail notifications that I-485 status updated to "Testing and Interview"

07/25/2014 (Day 135) Went in for interview - was fairly straightforward

08/02/2014 (Day 143) Green Card in hand

ROC

05/24/2016 (Day 000) ROC package sent to VSC

06/24/2016 (Day 031) Early Walk-in biometrics completed

10/06/2016 (Day 135) Got I-551 stamp in passport

05/01/2017 (Day 342) ROC Approved - didn't get notification, hard copy received 05/05? 

05/15/2017 (Day 356) Received 10Y Green Card in Mail

N400

05/24/2017 (Day 000) N400 package sent to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox

06/09/2017 (Day 016) Received biometrics appointment notice for 06/20/2017, Early walk-in on 06/12

11/13/2018 (Day 538) In-line for interview

11/27/2018 (Day 552) Interview scheduled for 01/03/2019

01/03/2019 (Day 589) Interview passed at Federal Plaza and recommended for approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, MnMJourney said:

Looks like you weren't the only one.

Thread was created here:

I recieved it too - seems to be just an error on their side - but maybe more will be known later.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the info. I’m rarely on VJ anymore. We know we’re getting closer. The Seattle office is working applications from the end of March, 2017. We filed in May, so hopefully only another couple of months now. Best of luck to you. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Booze&Blues said:

@cmellgren

Congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. I don't personally have experience as to whether we are able video tape the ceremony but I assume it is ok since I've seen a few on YouTube. But then again if yours will be a judicial ceremony it might be a bit different but you can always bring your phone then ask of it was ok to document your big day.

g'luck man and let us know how it goes. I think I want to do the same :)

@susysteele :

I've received the same email then next morning a text message saying the same thing even though my removal of conditions application was already approved a year ago. Didn't know what to think of it except some communication malfunction I guess? 

I don't know how many people had this notification pop up once more a year later after being already approved in 2017.

I'm just really hoping it won't mess up my upcoming naturalization interview.

Oh my God ! @Booze&Blues

i am so so happy for you , congratulations , you deserve it after being patient for so long !!!!

i did not check the website since A while as we are fasting lol ( Ramadan ) but I thought about you today and I was like I need to check on my visa journey friend 😉

thanks God , your journey is almost over .

when is you oath ceremony ?

Thanks @hopephilly, and happy belated Ramadan to you! Those 18 hour fast are no joke!

So yeah I got an interview date on June 26th; and I'm really hoping to get oath scheduled shortly afterwards. If you are still around till then, I will surely let you know when my oath will take place.

Thanks for checking up on me, it really means a lot. You are so kind like always :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Booze&Blues said:

Thanks @hopephilly, and happy belated Ramadan to you! Those 18 hour fast are no joke!

So yeah I got an interview date on June 26th; and I'm really hoping to get oath scheduled shortly afterwards. If you are still around till then, I will surely let you know when my oath will take place.

Thanks for checking up on me, it really means a lot. You are so kind like always :)

Of course I check on you @Booze&Blues.

i never forget your support and your kindness towards me when I was stressed out before and after my interview .

i am very happy for you , now you wait for the happy moment 😉

ramadan is almost over lol then, planning on vacation to see my family  in case they do not come this year to the US as usual .

i suggest you to take someone with you at the ceremony  so you won’t feel lonely . Eat before you go because it might take long .

well, things are getting close to the end for may 2017 fillers , for most of us , the journey is over . 

Again, congrats and have a great night 💐

Edited by hopephilly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
UserName.......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA.....|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrview|Oath.....|Field Office..|NBC/IOE
Bushwick.......|07/30/14|--/--|--/--|05/24/17|06/04/17|04/30/18|--/--/--|06/06/18|--/--/--.|Brooklyn, NY..|NBC

I had the interview today and passed the tests.

It lasted only about 20 minutes.

They asked to see tax transcripts and my new apartment lease (this seemed to finally cement the address change, which I see other people have also had trouble making stick over the phone or online :) 

The agent said he would need time to review my travels, so no decision today.

I feel good because I know the travels never amount to 6 months out of the country.

I submitted two photos, and left with a letter saying wait for next action / approval / oath ceremony appt.

So now it's more waiting (he said up to 4 months) for the review and decision. 

Feels like progress. 
Hope these details help someone else. 

Or if you have insight on similar (pass test but possible RFE) please share. 
Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.