JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

Ughh that has to be tough! A checklist would be my worst nightmare :unsure:

Trust me, it made me furious. The poor NVC operator felt some heat that day. But, we're pushing through it. Good thing is, I'm with my wife here while we wait. But I would like to get both of our lives going back home. I can't put myself to leave her here again. Was too tough the last time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

9-11 week wait for 1 piece of paper.

so obnoxious.. doesn't make sense why this couldn't have been brought to your interview. sorry about that.. it's hearing stuff like that this makes me and I imagine everyone else so nervous.. 

I don't get why each embassy can't list in great detail what is needed for our files.. And list a FAQ and common mistakes.. Would save us all a lot of stress and be more efficient.. 

Hang in there. you're almost there... 

JBMG

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Ughh that has to be tough! A checklist would be my worst nightmare :unsure:

me too... so nervous.. so so nervous..

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JBMG said:

so obnoxious.. doesn't make sense why this couldn't have been brought to your interview. sorry about that.. it's hearing stuff like that this makes me and I imagine everyone else so nervous.. 

I don't get why each embassy can't list in great detail what is needed for our files.. And list a FAQ and common mistakes.. Would save us all a lot of stress and be more efficient.. 

Hang in there. you're almost there... 

JBMG

Trust me, I know. It is horrible what they do to people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, mmadd636 said:

Trust me, it made me furious. The poor NVC operator felt some heat that day. But, we're pushing through it. Good thing is, I'm with my wife here while we wait. But I would like to get both of our lives going back home. I can't put myself to leave her here again. Was too tough the last time.

Yea I would be too. It doesn't make sense because I've seen people on here with similar checklist and they are allowed to bring it to the interview. I don't see how they just choose who does and who doesn't get too.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Yea I would be too. It doesn't make sense because I've seen people on here with similar checklist and they are allowed to bring it to the interview. I don't see how they just choose who does and who doesn't get too.

You know, I will probably call and request a supervisor to see if its a possibility. But knowing them, probably not.

Timeline

I called last night and as usual the supervisor wasn't available. The rep on the phone told me "Since the checklist required document is already in your file, the best thing to do is either wait, or request an expedite on your case. There's nothing we can do about it." So I requested a supervisor call back anyway. Which may or may not happen.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

I called last night and as usual the supervisor wasn't available. The rep on the phone told me "Since the checklist required document is already in your file, the best thing to do is either wait, or request an expedite on your case. There's nothing we can do about it." So I requested a supervisor call back anyway. Which may or may not happen.

Thanks for the update. Hope you'll get some good news. Keep us posted.  

On 5/8/2017 at 8:58 PM, JBMG said:

Hello everyone. Thank you new members for joining our forum. 

I've added some new information to the Scan Dates spread sheet. There are 2 new tabs. Have a look at each when you get a chance.  Any questions or suggestions on how to improve it, please don't hesitate to share. Meanwhile, bookmark the following link in your browser's favorites for a quick reference. 

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Spreadsheet

Thank you.

JBMB

3 from Philippines   

Timeline

Hi April Scan dates, 

As eager as I was in gathering up all of our scan dates, I then wanted to know what was going on in March. But nobody was tracking their scan dates.. 

So I created a questionnaire for them that would populate a spreadsheet automatically. It's turned out to be such a great tool that I would like to open it up to all February, March, and April filers as well. Also, It's open for all types of filers: Mail, Email, CEAC upload.

When you get some time, please fill out this short questionnaire, your contribution makes it easier for all of us to understand how the NVC is trending in terms of processing.  

NVC Case Status Questionnaire - February, March, April 2017

Please "like" (by clicking on the little heart) once you've completed/updated the questionnaire. This will alert me to sort the file by scan date and populate the formulas - unfortunately that part isn't automated yet... 

To see everyone's results, go here..

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - February, March, April 2017 (save this link in your browser)  You'll see that some are getting CC in 8 weeks!! :)

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. I will not be managing this for you or resending the questionnaire to you. In fact, I don't receive the email link you receive making it impossible for me to resend the questionnaire to you.

Thank you. 

JBMG 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Just a heads up. Saving the questionnaire link will not work. You need to save your email to edit it in the future.

Yep, I went to "edit" mine and just ended up adding another entry. Doh!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.