JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, ILKFC said:

Just called NVC, the rep was nice but didn't bring me good news unfortunately.  My case is still waiting to be reviewed.... 

Scan date: April 18

50 minutes ago, Rlu2013 said:

Just called NVC lady told me case not in review yet. It can take about 11 wks. 

Great, thank you both for calling for a status update.  Please update your notes section in your questionnaire.. (please put date first in your notes). 

For example: 

"June 8 - Morning - Called, not under review yet"  

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017

HI,

just need your help on some correspondence I've received today from NVC. At the moment I'm waiting for an interview at US embassy in London. According to the spreadsheet the las people had the interview booked 6 days after they got the case complete. This is my 7th and I've eceived an e-mail today with basic information regarding the interview but no interview date.

08-JUN-17
Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.
The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer
will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.
NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are
holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most
appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation. However,
before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their
priority date must also be current. This can delay receipt of an appointment. You can track your priority
date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable). The
applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at
nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.
The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. For example, if the following three items
are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:
He or she is more than 16 years old;
The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.
The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the
embassy has issued a visa.
Sincerely,
National Visa Center

What does this mean? It's normal to receive this letter as an update or they just send it when the interview dates are delayed?

Thank you guys

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
43 minutes ago, pjsr said:

HI,

just need your help on some correspondence I've received today from NVC. At the moment I'm waiting for an interview at US embassy in London. According to the spreadsheet the las people had the interview booked 6 days after they got the case complete. This is my 7th and I've eceived an e-mail today with basic information regarding the interview but no interview date.

08-JUN-17
Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.
The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer
will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.
NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are
holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most
appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation. However,
before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their
priority date must also be current. This can delay receipt of an appointment. You can track your priority
date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable). The
applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at
nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.
The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. For example, if the following three items
are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:
He or she is more than 16 years old;
The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.
The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the
embassy has issued a visa.
Sincerely,
National Visa Center

What does this mean? It's normal to receive this letter as an update or they just send it when the interview dates are delayed?

Thank you guys

I think this is the email you get after your case complete to say you are waiting for a interview. ..the email just may have been delayed..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Congrats to everyone with CC's! Still waiting here. Called last week and no news I plan to call tomorrow night if nothing changes by then..next week is my 11th week :(

If you call early tomorrow morning @ 8am it wont take but 2 minutes or less for someone to answer. I've done it 3 days in a row ;-)  @UsSwedlover got the state senator involved and they helped the case along. They will make an inquiry on your behalf if you request it. Just go to your senators page :-D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dirrtin03 said:

If you call early tomorrow morning @ 8am it wont take but 2 minutes or less for someone to answer. I've done it 3 days in a row ;-)  @UsSwedlover got the state senator involved and they helped the case along. They will make an inquiry on your behalf if you request it. Just go to your senators page :-D 

Thanks! I may try in the Morning then. Our lawyer says she will also send an inquiry next Friday if nothing has changed. I guess senators office will be next but hopefully it doesn't have to go that far 😒

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Called NVC and they said that after I send them the police record it will take another 11 weeks to get CC 😩😭😭😭😭

The lawyer completely let us down. I'm heartbroken that we have essentially wasted 2 months 😭😭😭😭😭

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Thanks! I may try in the Morning then. Our lawyer says she will also send an inquiry next Friday if nothing has changed. I guess senators office will be next but hopefully it doesn't have to go that far 😒

24 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Congrats to everyone with CC's! Still waiting here. Called last week and no news I plan to call tomorrow night if nothing changes by then..next week is my 11th week :(

Please look at the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.  You're at 9 weeks/66 days, starting your 10th week next week. When you're at 77 days, then you've hit 11weeks.. That's another 11 days away..  Average time of processing is about 67-69 days.. So if you don't get a CC by tomorrow, you'll most likely get one early next week. 

hang in there. 

3 minutes ago, Edwena said:

Called NVC and they said that after I send them the police record it will take another 11 weeks to get CC 😩😭😭😭😭

The lawyer completely let us down. I'm heartbroken that we have essentially wasted 2 months 😭😭😭😭😭

What did your lawyer say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Please look at the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.  You're at 9 weeks/66 days, starting your 10th week next week. When you're at 77 days, then you've hit 11weeks.. That's another 11 days away..  Average time of processing is about 67-69 days.. So if you don't get a CC by tomorrow, you'll most likely get one early next week. 

hang in there. 

What did your lawyer say?

His office doesn't even open for another hour 😠

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Edwena said:

Sorry about that but NVC needs the police clearance before it goes to the consulate,

thats what happened to me  too they couldn't allow me to take to the interview and I now am on my 8 weeks waiting again after the first 11 weeks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 hours ago, Edwena said:

Got an email with a checklist. It's says he needs a police clearance report from Lebanon. Initially my lawyer said he wouldn't need that until the interview...so now I'm confused. Will this further delay our case until we mail that in?? Or can he just bring it to the interview?

police clearance is required before NVC can completed the case. Seems like you hired a bad lawyer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I filed taxes for very little Self-employment income, clearly not the income I am using to sponsor my wife. It was just extra money that I made. We filed Married Joint. I sent the tax transcripts as well as my W-2 to show my annual income portion of it. However, I just realized that I left the 1099 behind. May this result in a checklist?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, zizou2017 said:

I filed taxes for very little Self-employment income, clearly not the income I am using to sponsor my wife. It was just extra money that I made. We filed Married Joint. I sent the tax transcripts as well as my W-2 to show my annual income portion of it. However, I just realized that I left the 1099 behind. May this result in a checklist?

Since you sent in the tax transcript, you may be ok.. especially if that extra income wasn't needed to meet the income requirement .. would not hesitate to call the NVC to see what they say.. just for some reassurance.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.