Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, xilef said:

@Jane D When did you apply for your citizenship ? Did you get your citizenship interview scheduled yet ?

I applied in May 2018 in Chicago, no movement for citizenship yet, estimated time completion for citizenship is July 2019. Since they didn't transfer the case , I am not sure, when to expect an interview. But I know, that they don't do combos here, so it will be 2 interviews most likely.

Yahooooo! We got approved today.....

No, not really. Please don't wake me up. I am dreaming....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, frontgear said:

Nice!!! Congratualtions!!! Way to go! I remember you mentioned yesterday that we had the same date. I hope they don't skip me ;). I am very happy for you, now citizenship!

10 minutes ago, frontgear said:

So you didn't get transferred, the case stayed in CSC, you had N400 pending, and you got approved?!))That really sounds like a dream!!! Did the approval come from CSC? Did anything change for your citizenship?

5 minutes ago, Jane D said:

So you didn't get transferred, the case stayed in CSC, you had N400 pending, and you got approved?!))That really sounds like a dream!!! Did the approval come from CSC? Did anything change for your citizenship?

9 minutes ago, Jose V said:

Nice!!! Congratualtions!!! Way to go! I remember you mentioned yesterday that we had the same date. I hope they don't skip me ;). I am very happy for you, now citizenship!

No, didn't get approved. I said I was dreaming :)

Was trying to see who is paying attention to the thread :)

Just now, frontgear said:

Aaaa.....

Timeline
Just now, frontgear said:

Haha. You got me! Ok...  lets trust that we are getting close to get approved ;). I forgot to answer to your question. My case # finishes in 92. I see a lot of cases around me got transfered to other service centers. Hopefully that will allow CSC to work faster in our cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jane D said:

I applied in May 2018 in Chicago, no movement for citizenship yet, estimated time completion for citizenship is July 2019. Since they didn't transfer the case , I am not sure, when to expect an interview. But I know, that they don't do combos here, so it will be 2 interviews most likely.

Hi from chicago!! i am April 2017 filler and appiled N-400 on 7/1/2018. i had biometrics on 7/23/2018 for N-400.

I-751 was transferred to TSC on 7/6/2018 and got 18 month extension letter this week.  

6 hours ago, sukhpal said:

Hi from chicago!! i am April 2017 filler and appiled N-400 on 7/1/2018. i had biometrics on 7/23/2018 for N-400.

I-751 was transferred to TSC on 7/6/2018 and got 18 month extension letter this week.  

That’s great news! I wonder if it matters when you applied for citizenship . In your case you applied not for example in April 2018, like exactly a year from first application, but a bit later, 3 months later in July. May be they were about to transfer your case, before your N400 application. But this is good for you!! As Texas in general has cases approved fast.

7 hours ago, sukhpal said:

Hello @sukhpal I am a fellow Chicago filer myself. Congrats on your case trasnfer to TSC, you will get your approval soon ! just hang in there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jane D said:

That’s great news! I wonder if it matters when you applied for citizenship . In your case you applied not for example in April 2018, like exactly a year from first application, but a bit later, 3 months later in July. May be they were about to transfer your case, before your N400 application. But this is good for you!! As Texas in general has cases approved fast.

44 minutes ago, xilef said:

Hello @sukhpal I am a fellow Chicago filer myself. Congrats on your case trasnfer to TSC, you will get your approval soon ! just hang in there

Thank you. i heard if you are in cook county your N-400 case will be fastest. mine is cook county. 

Edited by sukhpal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, lovemywife85 said:

Has anyone receive approval letter without changing the status at the website ?!! Is this possible?  

yes few folks have received that. check other threads.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

On 8/9/2018 at 7:18 AM, Oliver Heartmont said:

Congratulations!! How do you check case history? I tried but I can't find it, mine was June 13th 2017 to VCS and still only says April 9th transfer to office...

The screenshot is from the DHS account...Once you open one, if not already done, you will be able to see the case history of your cases as well.

4 hours ago, lovemywife85 said:

Has anyone receive approval letter without changing the status at the website ?!! Is this possible?  

3 hours ago, NikV said:

yes few folks have received that. check other threads.

You meant our case could have been already approved and we won't know it until something shows up in the mail?

Hell, I better camp at the mailbox everyday for the next several months. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.