SDSUPinoy

Manila - Timeline Advice

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I'm looking for advice for our visa process.

Here is our situation:

1.  Case number already received.  Letters not received yet.

2.  I'll be in her country May 27 - June 10.

3.  We are hoping she can fly back with me June 10.

4.  We would like to schedule our interview for May 29-June 1 as we will unable to be in Manila from June 2-5.

5.  She's likely to be on her period from May 14-19 but that is just best guess.

Assumptions:

1.  Medical at St. Lukes should be done at least 1 week prior to interview.

2.  It's recommended to not do your medical after your period or during.

3.  SLEC requires original of NVC letter.

So questions/advice requested:

1. At what point can we schedule the medical?
    • After payment of visa fee?
    • After schedule of interview?
    • Once She has received her packet?
  2. Should she try to schedule her medical for the week of May 8? or can she go after during period?
  3. Any other advice that you can provide that can help us ensure that she flys back with me on June 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, SDSUPinoy said:

Here is our situation:

4.  We would like to schedule our interview for May 29-June 1 as we will unable to be in Manila from June 2-5.

5.  She's likely to be on her period from May 14-19 but that is just best guess.

Assumptions:

2. Should she try to schedule her medical for the week of May 8? or can she go after during period?
  3. Any other advice that you can provide that can help us ensure that she flys back with me on June 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Case number received from NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Just now, SDSUPinoy said:

yes Case Number is from NVC.

It will take longer time ,  because from NVC  US embassy in Philippines might receive the case in 2 weeks.  after they receive the case , they will still process the papers to send the packet 3 to your fiancé. Might take another 1 week.  After receiving of Packet 3  , she need to get all the required documents for K1-Visa ( NBI, Birth certificate , Cenomar and etc. ) then she need to send it back to US embassy so she can receive the  Packet 4 . Packet 4 contains of request of medical for interview date .

You can try , but there is no assurance that she can fly with you .  My husband bought ticket after my interview, and it happened that he needs to rebook the ticket even though I got approved

So I will suggest to you not to buy a plane ticket.. :) good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:41 PM, SDSUPinoy said:

Here is our situation:

Assumptions:

Could you tell me where you found out that it's not recommended to do medical after or during the period? I have all my plans set and never saw that on slec.ph or anywhere else. Is this supposed to be obvious to everyone? I'm very lost with this but I noticed it is said a lot throughout these forums. Thanks!

On Monday, May 01, 2017 at 1:28 PM, khristine0509 said:

It will take longer time ,  because from NVC  US embassy in Philippines might receive the case in 2 weeks.  after they receive the case , they will still process the papers to send the packet 3 to your fiancé. Might take another 1 week.  After receiving of Packet 3  , she need to get all the required documents for K1-Visa ( NBI, Birth certificate , Cenomar and etc. ) then she need to send it back to US embassy so she can receive the  Packet 4 . Packet 4 contains of request of medical for interview date .

You can try , but there is no assurance that she can fly with you .  My husband bought ticket after my interview, and it happened that he needs to rebook the ticket even though I got approved

So I will suggest to you not to buy a plane ticket.. :) good luck

This is somewhat incorrect. First off they already have the case number. Second, they might already have the NBI and cenomar and everything.

Third, you don't need packet 3! You just look it up online! You bring all those certificates in you don't mail them anywhere. Once you have that case number just schedule your interview and do the medical. (which you already have) 

Assuming it all goes well, the visa could be issued in a couple weeks. I would definitely advise against buying a ticket until you have that visa in hand though. 

You CANNOT do the medical during the time of the month. It's on Saint lukes page. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

21 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

You CANNOT do the medical during the time of the month. It's on Saint lukes page. 

It know it was there at one point, but I cannot find it anymore. Can you point me to it? Thanks.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It know it was there at one point, but I cannot find it anymore. Can you point me to it? Thanks.

You're right I don't see it anymore either! I would still think you wouldn't do it during that time for obvious reasons. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

You're right I don't see it anymore either! I would still think you wouldn't do it during that time for obvious reasons. 

Thanks for looking again. Like I said I looked at slec.ph and numerous other places with no luck of finding anything official. I'm guessing this is no longer true and I won't worry about it one way or the other.

Also, thanks for verifying that you didn't see it, geowrian. I started to think I was crazy that everybody states it but it can't be found.

From what I've seen, the Philippines is the only country where this is an issue. So, to me, it's not obvious reasons that they wouldn't be able to complete medical during that time. If you look at past forums, the filers from other countries are in disbelief that it would matter.

31 minutes ago, TerrenceR said:

Thanks for looking again. Like I said I looked at slec.ph and numerous other places with no luck of finding anything official. I'm guessing this is no longer true and I won't worry about it one way or the other.

Also, thanks for verifying that you didn't see it, geowrian. I started to think I was crazy that everybody states it but it can't be found.

From what I've seen, the Philippines is the only country where this is an issue. So, to me, it's not obvious reasons that they wouldn't be able to complete medical during that time. If you look at past forums, the filers from other countries are in disbelief that it would matter.

I guess someone would have to try it and see if it's ok. I don't want my fiance being the guinea pig. That would suck to show up and get turned away. 

The Philippines also has issues with Saint lukes and TB tests for people who have tons of previous xrays proving they don't have it. That medical center seems a little backwards to me.

I remember going to a medical thing with my fiance once in the Philippines and they didn't wear gloves when taking her blood. I was freaking out! 

Edited by Redheadguy03

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I guess someone would have to try it and see if it's ok. I don't want my fiance being the guinea pig. That would suck to show up and get turned away. 

Understood, but I was not tracking anything regarding the medical because it's not posted anywhere. I was just trying to decide if I should try and push medical up or not. Thanks.

I guess if she gets turned away, I'll let you all know. No sure if she'll have it or not but it'll be close.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/2/2017 at 0:41 AM, SDSUPinoy said:

Here is our situation:

1.  Case number already received.  Letters not received yet. SLEC CAN BE DONE WITHOUT THE NVC LETTER WITH K-1, PRINT OUT THE CEAC STATUS PAGE ;) 

3.  We are hoping she can fly back with me June 10.  THIS WILL BE TOUGH - IF YOU ARE SCHEDULING THE INTERVIEW THE END OF MAY

Assumptions:

1.  Medical at St. Lukes should be done at least 1 week prior to interview. NOT NECESSARY ANYMORE, CASE FILE IS HAND CARRIED TO USEM FOR THE INTERVIEW.  SOME ARE COMPLETING THE MEDICAL A DAY OR TWO BEFORE.

2.  It's recommended to not do your medical after your period or during.  I DON'T SEE THIS NOTED ON THE SLEC WEBSITE

3.  SLEC requires original of NVC letter.  NO.  A COPY WILL DO, IF YOU HAVE THE LETTER (if not don't worry about it).   A PRINT OUT OF THE CEAC STATUS PAGE HAS BEEN USED.  AND THE INTERVIEW CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ASKED FOR.  PLUS YOU WILL NEED THE CONFIRMATION PAGE FOR THE DS-160 ON THE 2ND DAY.

1. At what point can we schedule the medical?  MEDICAL IS FIRST COME -FIRST SERVED, JUST SHOW UP.
    • After schedule of interview?   INTERVIEW CONFIRMATION PAGE IS LISTED.. NEED TO PAY THE VISA FEE TO SCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW ;) 
    • Once She has received her packet?  THERE ISN'T A PACKET, EVERYTHING IS ONLINE, link below for details
  2. Should she try to schedule her medical for the week of May 8? or can she go after during period?  I DON'T SEE THIS NOTED, BUT THAT COULD BE A :oops:  NOT SURE IF I WOULD GAMBLE WITH THAT ONE.. UP TO YOU.

If you keep things moving you can complete the visa interview in under 2 weeks (if you can get an interview date that quick).  Actual issuing of the visa will take longer, some times a couple weeks, sometimes less, and sometimes more.  No one can predict your situation.

This link had info for all phases of the K-1 visa process; SLEC, USEM, CFO

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php

As the embassy continually warns  DO NOT PURCHASE AIRFARE UNTIL VISA IS IN HAND.

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/1/2017 at 0:41 PM, SDSUPinoy said:

Here is our situation:

Assumptions:

Copy of NVC Letter is ok in medical exam but make sure that she has the embassy letter on the time of her Interview because it is a requirement. I suggest to call USEM to make sure before setting an interview appointment. I did and It took 1 month for my approved petition from NVC to arrive in USEM. It is not recommended to have medical exam during but not after the period. I did my medical after my period, but I guess it doesn't matter because the urine test is just to test if she is pregnant to be sure that it is safe to give her the shots she needs on immunization day and if she states that she's on her period it's obvious that she's not. And she has to attend a CFO seminar before she leaves the country. So she has to give at least 1-2 months to do all of It.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.