dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, beinlove said:

Wow case complete....what a relief. Scan date-march 22!! Yay!

Congratulations:jest:

Was that your first scan date with no check list?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Returnee Have you heard about yours yet?

Edited by chamma

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, chamma said:

Have you updated the spreadsheet? Please update if you haven't yet...

Its very surprising to see that a scan date of Apr 2nd now has a CC!! Putting it on the sheet will give us a lot of hope!!:jest:

My scan date is april 3.i will call nvc first before updating the spreadsheet.just to make sure our case is complete.😊

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, ajmac said:

My scan date is april 3.i will call nvc first before updating the spreadsheet.just to make sure our case is complete.😊

:) ok

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello again, 

Great news! There is a way to bookmark your questionnaire, after you click "EDIT RESPONSE" The questionnaire will open in a new link. If you bookmark that link in your favorites, you can access it later to edit it. :) 

I've explained it here. 

how to edit the questionnaire

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, claudia88031 said:

generally it takes 4-6 weeks after the cc to the interview date. so you can add that time too...i think. but you need time for medical check and i dont know how long the medical check takes in Madrid. 

Hmm, I didn't think it was that long between the cc and the interview... how can we find out? And the time would be determined by the country/embassy too I suppose.

?? 

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Hmm, I didn't think it was that long between the cc and the interview... how can we find out? And the time would be determined by the country/embassy too I suppose.

?? 

It does usually depend on the workload of the embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

?? 

Usually scheduled for the month after nvc gives you CC. Sometimes longer depending on how many slots the embassy has. But I don't think I've seen it take less time than that.

Edited by Adreamer

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Awesome! And did you do mail or email? 

ajmac is one of our April filers. So it's def mail. 

Adreamer, Have you had a chance to look at the new spreadsheet? Phasing out our other one and going to use this one instead. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - February, March, April 2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire - February, March, April 2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. You CAN save the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you. 

JBMG 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

?? 

yes the interview date depends on how busy the embassy is. it is really by chance and how lucky you are haha. if the embassy is not that busy at the moment or someone changed their interview date, you might get yours sooner too. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ajmac said:

@chamma @JBMG i recieved an email today.a checklist on i864.but the instruction said that i can bring it to the interview.is that considered case complete?

i got the email today and was told that the embassy will determine if our savings are enough to cover that shortfall of income. and i am probably getting a joint sponsor because even if we have enough savings, i dont want to risk it. it is relieving that we get to just bring our checklist documents to the interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, claudia88031 said:

i got the email today and was told that the embassy will determine if our savings are enough to cover that shortfall of income. and i am probably getting a joint sponsor because even if we have enough savings, i dont want to risk it. it is relieving that we get to just bring our checklist documents to the interview. 

OH! That's great to know. I've understood from talking to the NVC that anyone that is using assets gets that letter/checklist. Because it's not the NVC to decide if we qualify, it's our embassy.. I too will bring a joint sponsor application to my interview.  This way if they do ask, i'll have it, if not, great. I've read both cases where some embassies required a joint-sponsor whereas others not. 

Can you please update your questionnaire? I've added some new questions. 

Thank you,

JBMG 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JBMG said:

OH! That's great to know. I've understood from talking to the NVC that anyone that is using assets gets that letter/checklist. Because it's not the NVC to decide if we qualify, it's our embassy.. I too will bring a joint sponsor application to my interview.  This way if they do ask, i'll have it, if not, great. I've read both cases where some embassies required a joint-sponsor whereas others not. 

Can you please update your questionnaire? I've added some new questions. 

Thank you,

JBMG 

yeah i think we received the same checklist content. good luck to you on the rest of the visa journey. i updated the questionnaire just now! thank you for putting in so much time to make the tracking easier for everyone. :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.