dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shacues16 said:

Thank you, I'm glad to hear this is normal. 

Yeah, as soon as you get your welcome email. Call them to approve it.. Me too, I did the 261 before getting the welcome letter.. And the Rep was confused on how I was able to fill it out before getting the welcome letter.

(Did you give them your email and the applicant's email?) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

anyone used an android phone app  called : USCIS case status  ? 

was curious it has an options like " real time updates  " where you get notifications on actions of cases similar to you . 

was curious if those are accurate or not ? 

Hi...I used it and it really helped me keep sane...especially since my USCIS processing had gone outside of normal processing time. So it helped me look at other cases similar to mine filed around the same date or before and still pending.

We got approved last Friday..so Yay!!

6 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Yeah, as soon as you get your welcome email. Call them to approve it.. Me too, I did the 261 before getting the welcome letter.. And the Rep was confused on how I was able to fill it out before getting the welcome letter.

(Did you give them your email and the applicant's email?) 

Maybe we spoke to the same person lol.

How long did it take to get your welcome email after you submitted your DS-261?

Yes, my husband gave them both our email addresses, so hopefully they will correspond with us via email now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Shacues16 said:

Maybe we spoke to the same person lol.

How long did it take to get your welcome email after you submitted your DS-261?

Yes, my husband gave them both our email addresses, so hopefully they will correspond with us via email now.

Maybe. :) Here is my timeline from when I got approval from USCIS to the NVC confirming receipt of my documents. I filed by mail.. filing via email isn't an option for France... 

3/29/2017 i130 approved
4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/10/2017 NVC received file
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
  Should have a CC by Wednesday, 12 July 2017

1 minute ago, JBMG said:

Maybe. :) Here is my timeline from when I got approval from USCIS to the NVC confirming receipt of my documents. I filed by mail.. filing via email isn't an option for France... 

3/29/2017 i130 approved
4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/10/2017 NVC received file
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
  Should have a CC by Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Thank you, that's very helpful. :)

I noticed you were able to pay the AOS fee before your welcome letter arrived. 

I know the feeling, EP isn't available for us either. I wish it was, it would be so much quicker!

Hopefully NVC speeds up and we get CC faster than expected.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
6 minutes ago, claudia88031 said:

so confusing....does that mean when we get cc, the status of AOS will change from "paid" to "complete"? 

we are speculating, but look like this. 

Question- confusion

I just contacted the NVC and asked about my case which has a status of "At NVC" and stated that I have never received a letter from them with the "instructions" for the next steps. She said that I would not receive anything from the NVC because they were processing the cases so quickly and the system is having a trouble keeping up and sending out information.  She said I would receive email from the Embassy where processing next.  Is this the normal flow...?  I thought there were necessary documents and fees that needed to be done with the NVC before sent to the Embassy...a little confused.  Any clarification would be so greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nicholas&Michelle said:

Question- confusion

I just contacted the NVC and asked about my case which has a status of "At NVC" and stated that I have never received a letter from them with the "instructions" for the next steps. She said that I would not receive anything from the NVC because they were processing the cases so quickly and the system is having a trouble keeping up and sending out information.  She said I would receive email from the Embassy where processing next.  Is this the normal flow...?  I thought there were necessary documents and fees that needed to be done with the NVC before sent to the Embassy...a little confused.  Any clarification would be so greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

I think for K-1, NVC just passes on the files to embassy. Please verify.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Got this from the NVC website...

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

You are more than 16 years old;
The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just received NOA2 hard copy friday, with an April 24th approval date.  Waiting a week or so before I call NVC to see if case has been received. AOS and IV packet will be ready to send once my husband recieves police report. He is going to handle that tomorrow. Do anyone suggest sending before all fees are unlocked. Or wait?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.