DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, mz_066 said:

Yes,

Ohhh I see. I heard that’s long :( I’m VA resident, i think it’s a bit faster for us. 

N400

07/31/2018 - Filed in San Francisco

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

5/13/2019 - Change of address request - Washington DC

5/15/2019 - Interview Scheduled for 06/20/2019

5/15/2019 - sent out a request to reschedule the interview

5/23/2019 - interview rescheduled to 06/26/2019

6/13/2019 - interview rescheduled to 07/13/2019

7/13/2019 - interview. Approved the same day, online status changed.

08/27/2019 - oath ceremony scheduled @ Alexandria court (name change) for 09/26/2019

I got so frustrated, I see people had interview after me and they are already citizens now. IDK why they are holding my approval??

Where are you from the process? Did you finish your interview? What about I-751?

1 minute ago, VisaV said:

Do you think your pending 571 is the hold up though? mines a simple 5yr application, nothing else involved. I wonder if the others before you had anything pending?

You might be right and I-751 is the reason of holding the both cases while I had a horrible interview. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, VisaV said:

I don't see that field on the form... just interview notice date and interview date, then just oath date no oath notice date?

Interview July 13th

Application approved July 13th

Status Online changed to “we scheduled your naturalization ceremony” on August 27th

i do not know the date yet, but I assume it’s going to be september 19th, since alexandria court schedules them every 3d Thursday of the month

49 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

You might be right and I-751 is the reason of holding the both cases while I had a horrible interview. 

Oh now, what happened during your interview??

N400

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

08/27/2019 - oath ceremony scheduled @ Alexandria court (name change) for 09/26/2019

4 hours ago, Moonski said:

Interview July 13th

Application approved July 13th

Status Online changed to “we scheduled your naturalization ceremony” on August 27th

i do not know the date yet, but I assume it’s going to be september 19th, since alexandria court schedules them every 3d Thursday of the month

Oh now, what happened during your interview??

Just the officer was asking very wired questions regarding car, the place I live in, W2, bank accounts, how much I was making 3 years ago, most of information he has it already, just giving me hard time don't know why. He treated me like a criminal. but at the end he started the N-400 English and historic exam, I passed but he told me that he will send me N-14 in a week and that is it. But nothing happened for 2 month. I called many times they didn't give me any useful information. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
45 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Just the officer was asking very wired questions regarding car, the place I live in, W2, bank accounts, how much I was making 3 years ago, most of information he has it already, just giving me hard time don't know why. He treated me like a criminal. but at the end he started the N-400 English and historic exam, I passed but he told me that he will send me N-14 in a week and that is it. But nothing happened for 2 month. I called many times they didn't give me any useful information. 

Did you spend extensive and/or frequent periods of time abroad?

6 minutes ago, NJL said:

Did you spend extensive and/or frequent periods of time abroad?

No, he was just aggressive but I felt that I will leave the room with the approval while my case is very straight forward and my record is clean.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mz_066 said:

No, he was just aggressive but I felt that I will leave the room with the approval while my case is very straight forward and my record is clean.

I am very sorry this happened to you...

8 hours ago, mz_066 said:

Just the officer was asking very wired questions regarding car, the place I live in, W2, bank accounts, how much I was making 3 years ago.... He treated me like a criminal. but at the end he started the N-400 English and historic exam, I passed but he told me that he will send me N-14 in a week and that is it. But nothing happened for 2 month. I called many times they didn't give me any useful information. 

I get that the interview was a bad experience for you, but it's highly unusual for a USCIS officer to be aggressive just for the fun of it. You may not be aware of his concerns, or understand his actions, but there's usually a there there. And, as happened to me, the fault may even be USCIS', not yours. This is pure speculation as I do not know your case, but those questions suggest that he may be worried about the continuous residence eligibility requirement.

Timeline

Naturalization is scheduled September 26th! 

N400

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

Timeline
4 hours ago, Moonski said:

Naturalization is scheduled September 26th! 

Congrats!!! Is this a judicial ceremony or administrative one? I am guessing the latter as it doesnt fall on the 3rd Thursday of the month ;)

@Jamie and Amparo, this ceremony is on the day of your interview so I hope you get lucky and can take the oath that same day!!!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, NJL said:

Congrats!!! Is this a judicial ceremony or administrative one? I am guessing the latter as it doesnt fall on the 3rd Thursday of the month ;)

@Jamie and Amparo, this ceremony is on the day of your interview so I hope you get lucky and can take the oath that same day!!!

Judicial :))taking a middle name! 

It is weird that it’s not on the third thursday, maybe they are doing more ceremonies to help with the back log. 

N400

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.