smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
42 minutes ago, COJO said:

Okay everyone! I would appreciate your help!! I got my RFE today saying I need to show more proof that we met in person and that what I submitted basically wasn't good enought.I was told that 

a) The admission stamps, by themselves, does not indicate that you and the beneficiary met in person during the two-year period;

b) The travel intinerary, by itself, does not indicate that you and the beneficiary met in person during the two-year period; and

c) The photo does not indicate whenyou and the beneficiary met in person

If anyone else had this problem what did you do different? Is there a way you can time stamp a photo or allow that for a photo so they can see the date and time?

I am allowed to submit for more evidence:

-A written statement from you or the beneficiary stating that you have met in person and containing details of the date and circumstances of the meeting.

-Copies of airline ticket stubs and reciepts (that indicate month, day, and year)

-Photos of you and the beneficiary together

etc. 

Any recommendations on what would be best? I have lots of photos of us together and maybe I can go in somehow and time stamp them to show the date. Also, how can I submit an airline ticket good enought to proove that we met in person?

Thank you in advance for your response!

May 15th filer 

We got the same, since my fiancé (petitioner) it's very busy at work I made a timeline for our entire relationship, even way before the 2 years before filing.

I included pictures of us and description of sistuation, places, occasions...didn't name other people that were with us because I don't think they care.

Then he printed that out and paperclipped additional pictures, documents, boarding passes, flight tickets, cruise tickets with both our names on along with the pictures from that trip.

I even had a picture from when my nephew was born with as holding the baby in front of thr crib with his name, weight and date...but  that was just luck!

Then we attached signed statements to explain what was in the timeline with pictures.

I believe anything would work, especially if the relationship it's genuine they'll see that right away.

So try to do a good job, but  without being too worried, if it's real they'll see through ;)

(but I don't know if mine worked yet :D )

Edited by Fiammetta

***Waiting for interview***

2 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

On one hand, that's awesome because it easy...

1. Photographs 

You must submit one color passport-style photograph of yourself and one color passport-style photograph of the beneficiary taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched. 

The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

On the other hand it kinda sucks because they asked you for something you've already sent them. They did me the same.

Please update RFE list with a "Yes" to "Already Sent With Petition?"

3 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

1. Photographs 

You must submit one color passport-style photograph of yourself and one color passport-style photograph of the beneficiary taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched. 

The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

On the other hand it kinda sucks because they asked you for something you've already sent them. They did me the same.

Omg you had the same REF, exactly what you say and they ask my fiance,but not from me ,its from her

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
37 minutes ago, COJO said:

Okay everyone! I would appreciate your help!! I got my RFE today saying I need to show more proof that we met in person and that what I submitted basically wasn't good enought.I was told that 

a) The admission stamps, by themselves, does not indicate that you and the beneficiary met in person during the two-year period;

b) The travel intiner, ary, by itself, does not indicate that you and the beneficiary met in person during the two-year period; and

c) The photo does not indicate whenyou and the beneficiary met in person

If anyone else had this problem what did you do different? Is there a way you can time stamp a photo or allow that for a photo so they can see the date and time?

I am allowed to submit for more evidence:

-A written statement from you or the beneficiary stating that you have met in person and containing details of the date and circumstances of the meeting.

-Copies of airline ticket stubs and reciepts (that indicate month, day, and year)

-Photos of you and the beneficiary together

etc. 

Any recommendations on what would be best? I have lots of photos of us together and maybe I can go in somehow and time stamp them to show the date. Also, how can I submit an airline ticket good enought to proove that we met in person?

Thank you in advance for your response!

May 15th filer 

When I sent in our application, I made sure that, on the back of every photo, I included the date, the place, and who was in the picture (my name, my fiancee's name, etc. if there were others); I provided airline ticket stubs, receipts from money exchanges in her country (with my signature and date I signed it on each), hotel receipts (again signed and dated); also, I had visited her three times before submitting the application so everything was separated according to trip and all photos from each trip were placed in separate zip-lock bags stapled to sheets of paper which were signed and dated and labeled as to which trip each belonged.  I might have done a bit of overkill but I do software quality assurance for a living so I couldn't help myself...lol.  I hope this helps...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

1. Photographs 

So by now we are almost sure thing are definetely falling from petitions... photos, evidence...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So according to @Shoegum file from yesterday...

Total May records = 1964
Pending May records = 1671 (85.08%)

If the data is accurate most of are still holding down to NOA1..

Does it make sense? :huh:

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Timeline
3 minutes ago, alik said:

So according to @Shoegum file from yesterday...

Total May records = 1964
Pending May records = 1671 (85.08%)

If the data is accurate most of are still holding down to NOA1..

Does it make sense? :huh:

Nope that's wrong. The total is 4500+ for May.

he only puts the ones he is scanning in some of those files.

Timeline
Just now, Raitams said:

I received my NOA2! huhu the long wait for it is over. Now off to the next step. XD

Congratulations!!!!

Received without update on the site?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Nope that's wrong. The total is 4500+ for May.

he only puts the ones he is scanning in some of those files.

phew, thanks @Naes, I am too tired ;)

@Shoegum, could you please put a raw/unfiltered file next time you run a scan?

Thanks!!!!!!! :jest: 

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Timeline
1 minute ago, alik said:

phew, thanks @Naes, I am too tired ;)

@Shoegum, could you please put a raw/unfiltered file next time you run a scan?

Thanks!!!!!!! :jest: 

I'll also put overall numbers on the weekend 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Congratulations!!!!

Received without update on the site?

Thanks! There is update. I dunno if there's a hard copy already though. I'll ask my fiance.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Raitams said:

Thanks! There is update. I dunno if there's a hard copy already though. I'll ask my fiance.

That's awesome! Probably hard copy is on its way then! 

Congrats again!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

That's awesome! Probably hard copy is on its way then! 

Congrats again!!

Thank you! My fiance called NVC center already.. they said we can get our case number 6 weeks from now. sigh. anyways. Can we do the medical right away?

Timeline
Just now, Raitams said:

Thank you! My fiance called NVC center already.. they said we can get our case number 6 weeks from now. sigh. anyways. Can we do the medical right away?

Depends on the country but after NVC number you can make the appointment.

start calling in 2 weeks... they always say 6 weeks 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.