smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 3:06 PM, visaforscotland said:

Hi folks,

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but we just found this on the March filers forum.  This could explain the delays.

Hang in there!

I found this a couple of days ago. It was posted earlier in the May filers forum in August, but a lot of us have joined since then! This info made my fiancé and I feel a little better, because at least it was a reason for the slow down - and a humanitarian one.

"Hi All,

Not sure if this info has been shared already but just spoke with a family friend who works at the CSC in Aliso Viejo - he said that they are experiencing MAJOR delays due to K1s being deprioritized in favor of other more urgent immigration cases. He mentioned that a massive caseload of Haitian immigration applications landed on their desks and they've had to pull a lot of the K1 case reviewers onto the job - apparently, the Temporary Protected Status for those affected by the earthquake got extended so now they are trying to process as many cases as they can so that people don't get deported. Since it's a human rights issue, they've been mandated to prioritze those cases. He said they are so underwater that they've apparently authorized overtime pay for adjudicators for the first time in a long time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JenD said:

I found this a couple of days ago. It was posted earlier in the May filers forum in August, but a lot of us have joined since then! This info made my fiancé and I feel a little better, because at least it was a reason for the slow down - and a humanitarian one.

"Hi All,

Not sure if this info has been shared already but just spoke with a family friend who works at the CSC in Aliso Viejo - he said that they are experiencing MAJOR delays due to K1s being deprioritized in favor of other more urgent immigration cases. He mentioned that a massive caseload of Haitian immigration applications landed on their desks and they've had to pull a lot of the K1 case reviewers onto the job - apparently, the Temporary Protected Status for those affected by the earthquake got extended so now they are trying to process as many cases as they can so that people don't get deported. Since it's a human rights issue, they've been mandated to prioritze those cases. He said they are so underwater that they've apparently authorized overtime pay for adjudicators for the first time in a long time

Not really a issue because they were given a extension to January, 22 2018 prior to expiration 

Edited by tpeach

Timeline
10 minutes ago, tpeach said:

Not really a issue because they were given a extension to January, 22 2018 prior to expiration 

Okay, so that CSC worker was lying? And things just slowed down for no reason?

6 minutes ago, tpeach said:

But this will become an issue in about a month or so. What slowed down our process was DACA and the H1-B issue earlier this spring-through late summer/early fall.

But family-based immigration petitions are also placed on the "back burner" any time non-family based immigration issues become an issue or priority. Reason why...family-based immigration visas are unlimited to give out at U.S. Embassies while non-family based immigrations visas are limited based on type and based on the country's risk which also makes these types on a first come/first served basis.

Typically, there is a spike in non-family based immigration applicants towards the end of the 3rd quarter going into the 4th quarter because pending on the amount of visas available per country, if that particular Country's Embassy hits their limit, applicants will be placed on the wait list until the new year starts in January.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JenD said:

Okay, so that CSC worker was lying? And things just slowed down for no reason?

Not really because at the time that was the story prior to the expiration and the extension while approved the cases had already been submitted so CSC prior to the approval and CSC had to process what they had. They just had more time to process them after the extension.. 

@Shoegum when did you do this scan, was it last night or this morning? Because I had 3 notifications on my app during the night. Again, thank you for he breakdown !

----------------------------------------------------------

I do this for my fellow June sufferers, but since it concerns you, I am copying it here, just a quick overview 

Two first weeks 1st to 5th and 8th to 12th, all days are in double digits, since yesterday they have mere 325 cases left for first two weeks combined:

1st week  - 119 cases left

2nd week - 206 cases left

Than the next full week - 15th to 19th, that they dug into hard, all days touched:

Mon 15th  -  165

Tue  16th  -    86

Wed 17th  -  133

Thu  18th  -  133

Fri   19th  -    67  

---------------------------

Total  -  584 cases untouched

Than comes the last full May week, all days have been touched except Thursday May 25th. Here is that tally: 

Mon 5/22/2017 -  267

Tue 5/23/2017  -  181

Wed 5/24/2017  -   77

Thu 5/25/2017  -  129 (untouched)

Fri   5/26/2017  -  166

-----------------------------

TOTAL - 820 cases untouched

Than comes the last 2 days of May, 30th and 31st, both touched already:

Tue 30th with 418 + @Shoegum

Wed 31st with  78

-------------------------------

Total - 496 + @Shoegum :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

@Shoegum when did you do this scan, was it last night or this morning? Because I had 3 notifications on my app during the night. Again, thank you for he breakdown !

----------------------------------------------------------

I do this for my fellow June sufferers, but since it concerns you, I am copying it here, just a quick overview 

Two first weeks 1st to 5th and 8th to 12th, all days are in double digits, since yesterday they have mere 325 cases left for first two weeks combined:

1st week  - 119 cases left

2nd week - 206 cases left

Than the next full week - 15th to 19th, that they dug into hard, all days touched:

Mon 15th  -  165

Tue  16th  -    86

Wed 17th  -  133

Thu  18th  -  133

Fri   19th  -    67  

---------------------------

Total  -  584 cases untouched

Than comes the last full May week, all days have been touched except Thursday May 25th. Here is that tally: 

Mon 5/22/2017 -  267

Tue 5/23/2017  -  181

Wed 5/24/2017  -   77

Thu 5/25/2017  -  129 (untouched)

Fri   5/26/2017  -  166

-----------------------------

TOTAL - 820 cases untouched

Than comes the last 2 days of May, 30th and 31st, both touched already:

Tue 30th with 418 + @Shoegum

Wed 31st with  78

-------------------------------

Total - 496 + @Shoegum :lol:

:lol:

Good break down, expecting my approval sometime next week :P

The scan is from this morning 6am ish.. EST

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just checked my case on the USCIS page and it says It was approved Nov. 6 2017. I did not get any email or anything in the mail yet. Should I be worried. Sent all the documents or receipt may 19 2017. 

1 minute ago, EvoX said:

Just checked my case on the USCIS page and it says It was approved Nov. 6 2017. I did not get any email or anything in the mail yet. Should I be worried. Sent all the documents or receipt may 19 2017. 

Congratulations on your approval!!!!

Sometimes, it happens that the email/text notifications are not sent, but if USCIS website shows the approval then your hardcopy should be coming in the mail within 5-7 business days!!!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

1 minute ago, EvoX said:

Congratulations ! Is your number on Shoegums list?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

:lol:

Good break down, expecting my approval sometime next week :P

The scan is from this morning 6am ish.. EST

When your approval comes in we are all going to celebrate 🎉

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Timeline

WAC1790340572

NOA1 may 24th..

when should we estimate we will get our NOA2 do you guys think ?

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.