smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

Okay so for those who are still waiting to see their day even be touched, please stop being sarcastic with those who are venting because they have been passed up by week's. Try and be sympathetic. Some of us early-mid may filers are being passed again and again while we watch late May filers getting their approvals and it's stressful. So for someone who filed late May to say the things that are being said, it's tough. When it starts happening to you, I'm sure your words will change as you will finally understand how it feels. As of me, I'm may 11th and I'm sure I'll hear something eventually. It's not like I'm crying that my case has disappeared. I'm just frustrated. I miss my fiance. I miss him terribly. And I wish he was here "/ I'm trying to just go with the flow and not think about it too much. We can try to be optimistic, but that only lasts so long. So again, please be sympathetic when those of us who are going through the same thing are venting about it. It helps to have the support from visa journey. This site has been a savior in this long journey.

@The Squirrel...this!!!  It doesn't help to get people to believe unrealistic goals.  It is better for them to see the truth and be prepared for it.  Making them believe unrealistic goals and watch the calendar turn past those goals hurts more than it helps.  

We all want this journey to end as soon as possible but giving false hope when the truth is only a few days later seems mean and irresponsible to me.  Yet you blame us for trying to honestly manage expectations?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

Okay so for those who are still waiting to see their day even be touched, please stop being sarcastic with those who are venting because they have been passed up by week's. Try and be sympathetic. Some of us early-mid may filers are being passed again and again while we watch late May filers getting their approvals and it's stressful. So for someone who filed late May to say the things that are being said, it's tough. When it starts happening to you, I'm sure your words will change as you will finally understand how it feels. As of me, I'm may 11th and I'm sure I'll hear something eventually. It's not like I'm crying that my case has disappeared. I'm just frustrated. I miss my fiance. I miss him terribly. And I wish he was here "/ I'm trying to just go with the flow and not think about it too much. We can try to be optimistic, but that only lasts so long. So again, please be sympathetic when those of us who are going through the same thing are venting about it. It helps to have the support from visa journey. This site has been a savior in this long journey.

Could not said it better. May 16th seen case before and after aproved. We all have one goal and thats to be with our loved ones. Its great for the ones that got lucky and approved quicker but sucks to the ones that are waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
30 minutes ago, tpeach said:

With these early approvals I am thinking they may be making a short day of Friday and a long weekend

Don't torture yourself with overthinking. I've never heard of federal employees getting a short Friday on a non-holiday weekend (or at all). And especially not with the kind of pressure they're under.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

Can someone please tell me that it doesnt take 6 WEEKS for the NVC TO GET YOUR CASE!!😞😞😞my case was approved 10/20 but i got the notice on 10/24. And all the nvc keep saying is up to 6 weeks!!!!!!

They will give you that standard answer every time you call. I got my case number after 14 days. Many people are around this mark give or take a few days. Good luck! 

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Excellent post.  We will all get there.  We are all one big family.  My heart breaks when I see the February filers get approved after 281 days and they didn't even have an RFE!  I want all of the April and May filers to get approved ASAP so they can get to the June filers.  The stress at this point (I'm only at 150 days) is already taking its toll.  I hope everyone here gets there approvals right away.  I don't mind waiting for you all.  I know my time will come.

Thank you. It's hard! I'm at 176 days today. Which is okay, I don't mind waiting a little longer because my dress is still being made. We're hoping for a March 2nd wedding just to be safe that we have enough time and are approved in time. It's just not knowing. And watching us get passed up. Scares me a bit lol fingers crossed for Monday! They're moving a lot faster than they were a month ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I knew that.  There is nothing from the US direct to Manila.  Incheon is a beautiful airport!

Philippine Airlines (PAL) actually flies direct from Manila to LAX and  Manila to San Francisco. I've never flown PAL to USA but have heard mixed reviews.
13 hours flights. Price below is one-way I just input it for an example.
I've flown EVA (best layover) for my last 8 to 10 trip but have also flown Korean Air (excellent), Asiana (no problems), China Air (yuck) and Northwest which is now Delta. I remember flying in the early 90's they had smoking and non-smoking on the plane ;). Made ZERO difference. We all breathed it.
Steven

Departs
Arrives
Duration

Budget Economy

18:15
LAX
Los Angeles (LAX)
13h 15m

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jonjont17 said:

Hey guys I'm feeling so blessed after 170 days, we finally got our Noa 2. Thank you Lord. 

170 days even right on the mark

Congrats. 

Get that DS-160 done.

Dial up NVC starting in 7 days.

Great way to end the weekend!!

Woot Woot!

Steven.

9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

@The Squirrel...this!!!  It doesn't help to get people to believe unrealistic goals.  It is better for them to see the truth and be prepared for it.  Making them believe unrealistic goals and watch the calendar turn past those goals hurts more than it helps.  

We all want this journey to end as soon as possible but giving false hope when the truth is only a few days later seems mean and irresponsible to me.  Yet you blame us for trying to honestly manage expectations?

I blame you for making people sick to their stomach. 

Well here is a dose of reality, @John & Rose will second this, since it is up his alley of joy - month of May needs 300-400 hundred more rejections, or denials. So worry a little, it could be you :-)

6 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I blame you for making people sick to their stomach. 

Well here is a dose of reality, @John & Rose will second this, since it is up his alley of joy - month of May needs 300-400 hundred more rejections, or denials. So worry a little, it could be you :-)

Actually, I am the one making people relax.  You are telling them that they should have been approved weeks ago and it is their fault they aren't because they didn't drink your Kool Ade.  I am telling them they will get approved on a realistic timeline.  June 1 filers are at 155.  On Monday they will be at 158.  Do you still say that they will be approved by 160?  The rest of May and June 1 will all be completed in 2 days?  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shoegum said:
WAC1790314285 5/1/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
WAC1790314359 5/1/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
WAC1790316263 5/2/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
WAC1790318409 5/4/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
WAC1790320466 5/5/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
WAC1790322021 5/8/2017 11/3/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

Huge day so far this is awesome hope many of our VJ members are in here.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

This is sad submitted ds160 and gotten paperwork ready on both sides just need to book flight to her in the phils and now at stand still again stuff is still at NVC not transit or ready.... gggggggggrrrrrrrrr

You have the weirdest luck Murph...however, I would love to trade status' with you....stuck in May 15 somewhere while we watch late May filers rejoice. But again, your visa journey certainly has been unique HEE HEE......I tell others about your experience and they just shake their head...approved for 17 days before you knew...wow :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Courtney Payne said:

Can someone please tell me that it doesnt take 6 WEEKS for the NVC TO GET YOUR CASE!!😞😞😞my case was approved 10/20 but i got the notice on 10/24. And all the nvc keep saying is up to 6 weeks!!!!!!

Not 6 weeks

30 days TOPS and only if they mess up.

Most are 10-15 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.