smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Just want to share with you all what my Spanish friend just showed to me.

A reality show about k1 visa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have anything similar in your country?

http://www.dkiss.es/series/relaciones/90-dias-para-casarte/

Yes, we have the show called "90 Day Fiancé". It is a reality show and the most of the couples on the show are train wrecks and should probably not be getting a K1 visa....when they do casting for the show, they must look for really unhealthy relationships or couples with a lot of drama. I have watched it a few times and get angry each time....the couples exploit the show for their 15 minutes of fame and the show exploits the couples....at least that is my personal opinion :) I can see why some people like the show, it is just not for me. There was a couple last season where a young man from Tunisia came to the USA on a K1 visa and it was sooooo obvious he was never going to stay with her following the green card in hand. Makes "real" lovers frustrated as we know how hard and important this process is on us and to us.  

Edited by pmeyer1229

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sagreda said:

We watch this all the time.

1 minute ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Yes, we have the show called "90 Day Fiancé". It is a reality show and the most of the couples on the show are train wrecks and should probably not be getting a K1 visa....when they do casting for the show, they must look for really unhealthy relationships or couples with a lot of drama. I have watched it a few times and get angry each time....the couples exploit the show for their 15 minutes of fame and the show exploits the couples....at least that is my personal opinion :) 

Oh wow! I had no ideathis existed! Do you watch it in Japan @sagreda and Philipines @pmeyer1229 ?

italy must be out of the world! I'm sure we don't have it!

@pmeyer1229But what to you mean when you say "they must look for really unhealthy relationships or couples with a lot of drama"?

Do they look for couple that already exist? Or you mean that the couple are fake/going for Green Card ("should probably not be getting a K1 visa")?

***Waiting for interview***

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Oh wow! I had no ideathis existed! Do you watch it in Japan @sagreda and Philipines @pmeyer1229 ?

italy must be out of the world! I'm sure we don't have it!

@pmeyer1229But what to you mean when you say "they must look for really unhealthy relationships or couples with a lot of drama"?

Do they look for couple that already exist? Or you mean that the couple are fake/going for Green Card ("should probably not be getting a K1 visa")?

I am the petitioner in the USA...my fiancé is Filipina...so I have seen the US version...probably about 5 episodes have been seen by me. The shows I saw start with the couple meeting at the airport after approval...then they track the 90 days to marriage...after they marry, they follow the relationship. Out of the 8 couples on the show, only 2 had a chance (in my opinion) of making it. The show would be boring if they followed me and my fiancé around...just like 90 percent of us who likely have a real and good relationship....some of the couples did not know each other well enough before doing the K1...and 2 people were here just for the green card. One was a woman, the other a man.....actually, if one likes Soap Operas....this show is for them...just not my style and I don't mind reality television...I still watch Survivor and sometimes Big Brother...but please don't tell anyone that :) HEE HEEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiammetta said:

Just want to share with you all what my Spanish friend just showed to me.

A reality show about k1 visa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have anything similar in your country?

http://www.dkiss.es/series/relaciones/90-dias-para-casarte/

I've watched several episodes and wow the show is really bad xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUT YEAH AT LEAST THEY GOT THEIR K1

Edited by Kirin2002

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kirin2002 said:

I've watched several episodes and wow the show is really bad xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUT YEAH AT LEAST THEY GOT THEIR K1

I am glad you agree with me...did you see the Tunisian man marry the woman with 4 kids and nothing going for her just to get the green card? OMG....now I am talking about that horrible show...it is like a train wreck...you just have to look for a moment :) Good luck today...may it rain NOA2s for us May filers...

Timeline

My fiance is moving with me to tomarrow and we will be married right away.. does anyone know any good temporary health insurance she can use until her green card arrives? she us comming from manila 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jbgchristian said:

My fiance is moving with me to tomarrow and we will be married right away.. does anyone know any good temporary health insurance she can use until her green card arrives? she us comming from manila 

If you will be married right away, why would she need temp health insurance, does she have a medical condition. Just add her when to your coverage when you marry. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jbgchristian said:

Sorry, I haven't plan anything yet about insurance (kind of far from me, no NOA2 yet), but do you mean I can't get my future husband's insurance until I get a Green Card? I thought we could do that right after the wedding :huh: Sorry, I was just assuming but I didn't reserach information about it yet

***Waiting for interview***

Timeline

Oh shoot Kirin2002.....I thought the Spain approval was your until I saw you timeline.....I cheering for you...and me :( 168 days

Edited by pmeyer1229

A lot of cases being approved :wub:

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, Kirin2002 said:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA1 16TH MAY.

NOA2 30TH OCTOBER.

171 DAYS.

I promise you guys I'm crying right now.

Congratulations :jest:

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.