smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, heenakumthekar33 said:

Hello!! Any beneficiary from India ? Wanted to ask how long is the actual visa interview and what kind of questions do they ask? It would be great if someone could advise ! Thankkk you

Hi, I’m from India. I am at the ‘in transit’ stage right now from the nvc to Mumbai consulate.  I think the interview varies from case to case but from the reviews I have read the actual interview lasts from 5-15 minutes. But the time we go inside to we come outside is around 3 or 4 hours. In regards to the questions, I think they already have decided by looking at your case before you interview whether there are any red flags and accordingly they will grill you or they won’t. Usually they’re simple questions about your fiancé(e) and your time together that you should have no problem answering if it’s a legit relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Road2Nyama said:

Yes, you're not alone, it's been 153 days here.😫 My mind was lost a while ago! 

Trying to keep positive today - I hope we hear soon. I'm hoping to hear around 180 days. I wish we can be together to celebrate Christmas but that's not realistic now. Any longer than that and I'll get my fiancé to call USCIS again. 

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Guys, a bit weird, but I just got an app update that one of you got lucky, a May 12th case has been approved, Canada. 

Also, an hour before I got another update, Philippines April 26th, RFE received. It is midnight in California too .... so In the words of great Vince Lombardi "what the hell is going on out here???" :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by The Squirrel

3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Guys, a bit weird, but I just got an app update that one of you got lucky, a May 12th case has been approved, Canada. 

Also, an hour before I got another update, Philippines April 26th, RFE received. It is midnight in California too .... so In the words of great Vince Lombardi "what the hell is going on out here???" :lol::lol::lol:

@The Squirrel Received that notification, too. Does that mean somebody is still working till midnight? Whoah!

Edited by paula and nick

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
7 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

@The Squirrel Received that notification, too. Does that mean somebody is still working till midnight? Whoah!

I still can't figure out how to get notifications on the USCISApp. Even my own application doesn't send me notifications. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong? I have gone into Settings as well and everything says notifications are on.I still can't figure out how to get notifications on the USCISApp. Even my own application doesn't send me notifications. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong? I have gone into Settings as well and everything says notifications are on.

Also,  the Government hires independent contractors to do work when they're overloaded. These individuals are allowed to work from home so there's a good possibility you got a couple of people still working on cases even though it's past the 9 to 5. 

12 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

Perhaps they hired Hootie & Blowfish, I believe they legalized it in California, and he is a "smoker and a midnight toker" :lol::lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I still can't figure out how to get notifications on the USCISApp. Even my own application doesn't send me notifications. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong? I have gone into Settings as well and everything says notifications are on.I still can't figure out how to get notifications on the USCISApp. Even my own application doesn't send me notifications. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong? I have gone into Settings as well and everything says notifications are on.

Which app are you using? Is it on IPhone or Android?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Perhaps they hired Hootie & Blowfish, I believe they legalized it in California, and he is a "smoker and a midnight toker" :lol::lol::lol:

Which app are you using? Is it on IPhone or Android?

Iphone

USCIS app tracker

and case tracker

Edited by AZSunshine78

Timeline
1 minute ago, The Squirrel said:

Sorry @AZSunshine78, I have an Android app, by Spinach. Would love to help, sorry.

All good. Thanks for responding though.

such great people here!

1 minute ago, The Squirrel said:

@The Squirrel hahahaha! Hope they hired many, many Hooties and Blowfishes to work on our cases. I just had my hopes up when I received that notification. It means either their system is continuously updating even when it's past office hours or there are really people who are working from home. Either way, still a good news because we at least know that they're processing cases even in the wee hours of the night. :D:D

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

Did you already return your RFE? It's possible but boy it will be tight I think. I just sent my RFE today because I am hoping for January as well.:D

No 😩 I actually just received it... can you please let me know when you get a answer back from your RFE?! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.