smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Just now, Murph4865 said:

Been driving for 30 yrs now

That is a wonderful way for her to experience her new country.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I am at 147 days right now and debating on taking a 3 week vacation to fly over but my luck something will take place while i'm there or in return flight then have turn around and fly back which is tight on funds to do with all other flights to and from manila then back to states with her. At a loss what to do right now, if i don't go that will give me a chance to get close to 10k in bank for this venture.

Thats my fiance is also telling me because I want him to be with me atleast until we get the NOA2 but its hard on funds, I really wish that those people in USCIS will start working already

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

To me finances win cause if you do not have enough saved could become a problem to get over there for interview and get back with her in tow

Im also planning to see my fiancee in dec, its when my work closes for 2 weeks, and to bring her back

Everyday of waiting is another chance that wont happen

Ill have to rebook the flights, for another time, with my schedule, that will b hard

😓😓😓

1 minute ago, Anna and Bryan said:

Thats my fiance is also telling me because I want him to be with me atleast until we get the NOA2 but its hard on funds, I really wish that those people in USCIS will start working already

Do not hold breathe on them working fast it is the government in usa

2 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Do not hold breathe on them working fast it is the government in usa

Yes, they only work half fast!!!!!  LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Speed probably isn't happening at this point. I think several of us from April are migrating into this forum due to lack of anything. Sad part is when I started this back in April and looked at where things had been I figured she would be back by October at the latest. Right now I think we will be lucky if she is back before Thanksgiving, more likely just pray it happens before Christmas.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

1 minute ago, CopperChem said:

Speed probably isn't happening at this point. I think several of us from April are migrating into this forum due to lack of anything. Sad part is when I started this back in April and looked at where things had been I figured she would be back by October at the latest. Right now I think we will be lucky if she is back before Thanksgiving, more likely just pray it happens before Christmas.

I hear that.  I may start hanging out in the July or August forum.  That way it will seem like my June filing is moving quickly!

When I filed I figured Christmas was a possibility.  Original NOA2 estimate was September 6.  Now it is November 2.  Christmas, New Years and probably Valentine's Day is gone.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Minori said:

We didn’t sent my biographical information page of passport either. I really hope not we get RFE,  I am worried about my simple mistake too. 

I saw your timeline, we are almost same and same embassy in Japan! Hope everything goes smoothly... and get NoA2 soonest!! 

It all comes down to who handle you're case keep praying but RFE only add like a month anyways lol

2 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

yeah so discouraging at this point….

I'm HOPING for Christmas but I'm not counting on it. I guess it could be worse and we could be on day 1….

Timeline
33 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

I would love to but I only have one week of vacation time left and I want to be with her for the interview...decisions decisions!

I plan to be with my fiance for Medical, CFO, and interview.  I only have 8.5 days vacation and assume 3.5 weeks for this all.  I told my company I need unpaid time off and they approved it because they understood.  Just hope it's this year or I'll end up using all my vacation too early next year! 😢 This process needs to be sped up by them.  At $535 a person they can hire more people to handle the load.  Just venting there at end, lol.  But yeah, I've heard stories where consulate can ask if fiance is there and can bring them in to interview too at their discretion and it does help show you're supporting your fiance through it.    Id say be there for it if all possible!  Good luck!!!

1 minute ago, JohnAna05823 said:

I plan to be with my fiance for Medical, CFO, and interview.  I only have 8.5 days vacation and assume 3.5 weeks for this all.  I told my company I need unpaid time off and they approved it because they understood.  Just hope it's this year or I'll end up using all my vacation too early next year! 😢 This process needs to be sped up by them.  At $535 a person they can hire more people to handle the load.  Just venting there at end, lol.  But yeah, I've heard stories where consulate can ask if fiance is there and can bring them in to interview too at their discretion and it does help show you're supporting your fiance through it.    Id say be there for it if all possible!  Good luck!!!

Being able to be with fiance i think depends the embassy and country, i have philipines allows all the time which i plan to do and the medical but i know CFO will now allow usc into it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

Being able to be with fiance i think depends the embassy and country, i have philipines allows all the time which i plan to do and the medical but i know CFO will now allow usc into it.

I have Philippines too.  I believe we can't go in at first but they can ask to see us if they know we're there.  That's what I've heard anyways.  Could be wrong.  I know for sure like you said the CFO will not allow us or medical either.  Medical said on their site they do not have room for anyone but the person being tested.  If they do allow I will be in there.  If not, least I know she'll be safe getting there before 6:00am.  It's too unsafe an area alone and too much money she'd be carrying.  Such a congested and unsafe area for all that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yace said:

Day 150... any day now... any other 150ers?

165 with an RFE involved. I know of at least two cases over 170 with no RFE no nothing.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.