Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wiz_Fit said:

Update on our side - 

We got a reply back from our Ombudsman stating they reached out to USCIS and our 131 was approved on 8/13. If we didn't get anything within 15 days to reach back out to them. Super exciting news this AM when we saw the email so ran and checked the USCIS site and still no update there. As excited as I want to be, will feel much better after we actually seeing a mailing date. Hoping it doesn't take 3 weeks to mail the card to us.

Hi,

I am trying to find my local ombudsman.I searched google and all i could find was healt service ombusdman. How did you find an ombudsman to contact for immigration purposes.?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Lupigirl said:

That’s very exciting!  At least you know someone is looking at your case and it’s not forgotten, fallen behind a desk.  

So our case status updated online... not to approved like I hoped but to "My fingerprint review was completed" so I am hoping that means in the near future it will change to approved or mailed.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 hours ago, dannydan said:

That's for K1, but for AOS family based you need to redo the medical after a year.

I don’t understand what you meant by saying that’s for K1. Read what I wrote carefully. Someone sent a private message this afternoon, thanking me for the information because it worked for him. 

I came here with a k1 visa, filed for AOS (family based as you said). interview scheduled after a year. 

Well it worked for me and it has recently worked for others. If you can and want to redo the medical, it’s up to you. 

4 minutes ago, Athens said:

I don’t understand what you meant by saying that’s for K1. Read what I wrote carefully. Someone sent a private message this afternoon, thanking me for the information because it worked for him. 

I came here with a k1 visa, filed for AOS (family based as you said). interview scheduled after a year. 

Well it worked for me and it has recently worked for others. If you can and want to redo the medical, it’s up to you. 

Don't need to get defensive, it was meant in an informative way.

You came with K1 (Fiancée) visa. K1 do not need to redo medical. If you filed AOS from a B1/B2 visa, you have to redo medical as it's only valid for 1 year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 minutes ago, dannydan said:

Don't need to get defensive, it was meant in an informative way.

You came with K1 (Fiancée) visa. K1 do not need to redo medical. If you filed AOS from a B1/B2 visa, you have to redo medical as it's only valid for 1 year.

I don’t need to argue with u. I can see u came with other type of visa. the info is not for you. Just forget about it. 

Edited by Athens

On 8/13/2018 at 7:34 AM, Athens said:

Congratulations!

For those who feel they may get RFE for expired medical, print pages 7 - 12 instructions for Form I-693 and copy of your k1 vacination record- DS-3025. Show it to the Officer and you will not be asked to go for another medical. 

Thank you. That only applies if you're adjusting from K1 visa, but  doesn't for B1/B2, hence the need to redo our medicals. Thanks for the info though, i'm sure it will be of help to others.

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Wiz_Fit said:

So our case status updated online... not to approved like I hoped but to "My fingerprint review was completed" so I am hoping that means in the near future it will change to approved or mailed.....

It’s still something!  I know you’ll get it before your trip.  The updates are really unreliable sometimes.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:19 PM, Asakelove said:

So we had our interview on Aug 9th, 11:15am at the Dallas-Irving office, we got there 30 mins early and we weren't called in at about 11:45, the officer was very sweet and nice, after the swearing of oaths we sat, and she gave our 4yr old a coloring book and crayons just to stay busy.

She then asked to see our IDs, we gave her our DL and military IDs,

-she asked how long my husband has been in the military, where he was stationed and all that military stuffs

-asked about my previous marriage to the father of my child, if and when he gets in touch with his child

-and then proceeded to ask us about the questions in our forms, the yes/no questions

So at this time, little man needed to use the bathroom and I almost freaked out like did you not use the bathroom 10mins ago, and do you have to go right now OMG, the IO saw the look on my face and she said not to worry they always make accommodation for sweet,short people 😃 she asked my husband to take him to the bathroom.

LOL After the break in transmission, IO said everything looks good and asked if we brought new medicals, I knew we were supposed to because its been 15mo since we did the 1st one, so we said no, and she said she won't be able to approve us right away until we have new medicals😪so yeah we got RFE for medicals.

She also asked if we have other evidence, of course we do and I gave her some other stuffs from our mountain heap of evidence, then little man said he wanted to show her the pictures we brought, and he did while they both talked and laughed while checking the pictures, but she didn't take any of them.

My husband then asked her if we needed to come for another interview, you know just to be sure we heard her correctly the first time, IO said everything looked good, although some cases do require a second interview but not ours, as we can't get approved right now because of our medicals.

We completed the new medicals today and God knows I'll be the first person at the UPS office tomorrow., they better have same day delivery😀 so its fingers crossed now, best of luck to everyone still waiting, the waiting hasn't been fun.

-

Seems like both I-130 was approved same day we had our interview, I just checked on the other USCIS website, and it says approved. 

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

11 hours ago, Asakelove said:

Seems like both I-130 was approved same day we had our interview, I just checked on the other USCIS website, and it says approved. 

Kick ###! Let us know when the card comes in! So jealous!  Congrats! Interview seemed easier than I thought it would be. Still worried on that. We are in the process of buying a home, almost want to tell the guy interviewing us please don't make her go home, if you do we can't afford the new house payment. Most legit relationship ever lol

Still waiting on online status to change but I feel like if we don't have our card in hand, we may go to Infopass with the letter from the Ombudsman to get a stamp.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, Wiz_Fit said:

Kick ###! Let us know when the card comes in! So jealous!  Congrats! Interview seemed easier than I thought it would be. Still worried on that. We are in the process of buying a home, almost want to tell the guy interviewing us please don't make her go home, if you do we can't afford the new house payment. Most legit relationship ever lol

Still waiting on online status to change but I feel like if we don't have our card in hand, we may go to Infopass with the letter from the Ombudsman to get a stamp.

Thank you,  we are still waiting on the update on I-485 since the medicals has been delivered on tue. I hope yours go well too, have you gotten any update yet about your card?

AOS Timeline:

13 hours ago, Asakelove said:

Thank you,  we are still waiting on the update on I-485 since the medicals has been delivered on tue. I hope yours go well too, have you gotten any update yet about your card?

We got a letter from the Ombudsman saying it was approved on the 13th. Update from USCIS on the 14th stating review of biometrics was approved. We forgot to update our congress man about the Ombudsman case reply and they replied to us as well on the 15th stating it was approved on the 13th(oups.) Every letter said we needed to wait 30 days for the card though....

We figured if we didn't get the card before we need to leave we would take all this to an infopass and get an emergency stamp though based on all this 'approved' language which they should be able to see. However yesterday we got the notice stating the card was approved and it would arrive separately. I am hoping that means the card should arrive within 14 mailing days of this letter based on everything else I see! Feeling much better and we did tell everyone it was back on now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Wiz_Fit said:

We got a letter from the Ombudsman saying it was approved on the 13th. Update from USCIS on the 14th stating review of biometrics was approved. We forgot to update our congress man about the Ombudsman case reply and they replied to us as well on the 15th stating it was approved on the 13th(oups.) Every letter said we needed to wait 30 days for the card though....

We figured if we didn't get the card before we need to leave we would take all this to an infopass and get an emergency stamp though based on all this 'approved' language which they should be able to see. However yesterday we got the notice stating the card was approved and it would arrive separately. I am hoping that means the card should arrive within 14 mailing days of this letter based on everything else I see! Feeling much better and we did tell everyone it was back on now.

Congratulations! Isn’t it a relief when the wait is finally over!? I know though that the relief won’t let hit until that card is in your hands..

Ours took less than a week to arrive so fingers crossed yours is in your mailbox within a week!

K1:

Posted: 11/01/2016

NOA1: 11/07/2016

NOA2: 01/23/2017

NVC Received: 01/30/2017

Case Assigned: 02/06/2017

Left NVC: 02/06/2017

Consulate Received: 02/13/2017

'Packet 3' Received: 02/16/2017

Interview: 03/16/2017

Visa Received: 03/27/2017

Entry: 04/28/2017

Marriage: 05/05/2017

AOS:

Posted: 05/11/2017

NOA1: 05/15/2017

Biometrics: 06/07/2017

EAD SR1: 07/31/17 - Received response 08/28/17 stating under review.
EAD SR2: 08/29/17 - No response
EAD SR3: 09/06/17. Received response 09/07/17 stating under review.

EAD Card in Production: 09/19/2017

EAD Card Mailed: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Wiz_Fit said:

How long did it take to ask the obdusman get involved in it. Our AP is expiring next month and still did not get the card yet. Also looks like the interview is gonna take more time too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.