CaliCat

Trump says 100-day marker is ‘ridiculous.’ But he’s scrambling to show progress by then on taxes, health care.

34 posts in this topic

Timeline

The so-called president accomplished little in the timeframe he established, and now he's dismissing it as not important. Not very surprising, coming from the same politician who said he would never want to leave the WH if elected, and yet, spends most of his time golfing.

Can America afford all this winning?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/21/nearing-the-100-day-mark-with-limited-accomplishments-trump-calls-it-a-ridiculous-standard/?utm_term=.5d0f29ace880

President Trump scrambled Friday to show progress on two leading priorities — health-care reform and tax cuts — ahead of his 100th day in office, even as he dismissed that marker as a “ridiculous standard” and suggested the media would judge him unfairly when he reaches it next week.

Trump told the Associated Press in an interview that he would release a tax package next week that would include reductions “bigger, I believe, than any tax cut ever.” He provided no specifics but said he would outline his plan “Wednesday or shortly thereafter.” He later sounded firmer about a Wednesday release during an event at the Treasury Department.

That's just three days ahead of Trump's 100th day in office, a standard by which presidents are often measured for their immediate impact. Trump is also pushing the House to quickly pass a revised version of a bill to replace the Affordable Care Act, another Trump campaign promise that collapsed in stunning fashion last month.

Trump's announcement on tax cuts — which caught leading congressional Republicans by surprise — could create an incredibly busy and chaotic week ahead. Lawmakers are also seeking to finish negotiations by the end of the week on a short-term spending bill to avoid a government shutdown that would coincide with Trump's 100th day.

At the Treasury Department event, Trump suggested he has some flexibility on the timetable of his initiatives.

“No particular rush, but we’ll see what happens,” he told reporters, adding: “A lot of good things are happening.”

As he maneuvered to show progress, however, Trump also took to Twitter on Friday to question the yardstick by which he is being measured.

Who knew so much winning could be this uncomfortable? Lord help me, Trump is so pathetic I almost feel sorry for him.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Maybe he didn't realize it would take well over 100 days just to get rid of all the Obama loyalists left over in the executive branch who sabotage everything he tries to do. The swamp needs more draining than he realized. He thought he could work with them instead of firing them. That was his mistake.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Or maybe, just maybe, Trump is not golfing enough.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

3 hours ago, jg121783 said:

It's okay for Obama to golf but how dare Trump. I get it.

Trump, prior to becoming the so-called president was a very public complainer regarding Obama's leisure time. Unless you plan to pull out alternative facts, looks like yet another Trump campaign lie, as he said he wouldn't have time for golfing.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Maybe he didn't realize it would take well over 100 days just to get rid of all the Obama loyalists left over in the executive branch who sabotage everything he tries to do. The swamp needs more draining than he realized. He thought he could work with them instead of firing them. That was his mistake.

I believe that his main fault is indeed not realizing how this all works 

Timeline

I think Transdborderwife's assessments are probably the closest to rational. The rest is just whining about Trump as is done every day. 

I doubt even Trump voters expected him to do anything to Obamacare by himself. What the President could do, he did in an EO the day of his inauguration. The rest is up to Congress. What I do fault Trump for, which I think everyone should have been aware of, is that he didn't really have any replacement ideas himself. I personally can't see what replacement Congress can come up with that wouldn't be just as bad. I'm perfectly okay with just gutting Obamacare. Gut the insurance industry while they're at it.

As for golfing, every President does it. I still remember all the tantrums the left threw about Bush golfing, and attempts to justify insane rants by people like Michael Moore and Keith Olbermann. 

Just another run of the mill day of boring attacks and tantrums my five year old throws.

Edited by IAMX

The old defense of Donald Trump by glossing over another campaign whopper! Who'd a thunk it? Donald Trump promised he had a replacement plan for Obama Care. A great plan which everyone would agree was just fantastic, really the best plan, a plan greater than any plan in the history of planning. Really so great, amazing, wonderful, put on a happy face, Christmas is saved plan.

Then...

It turned out...

He lied about that too. I wonder if that is why Trumps poll numbers continue to tank?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline
13 hours ago, jg121783 said:

It doesn't help when he is pulling his cabinet from the drained swamp. It seems he just moved the swamp, but that would be a discussion for another thread.

Can you elaborate on how it is possible that he can't get things done when his party has the majority in both houses? It should make it easier for him to fulfill his promises. It seems he had no plan, didn't know how to get things done, and still doesn't. He is the head of the executive branch, so any complaints about that leg of the tripod falls entirely and squarely on him, and him alone. He has the majority in both houses, so it seems that the real issue is that his ill conceived plans didn't take into consideration their constitutionality. More specifically, in the Muslim-ban EOs, he should have consulted with a constitutional lawyer before he signed unenforceable laws into effect. On the repeal and replacement of Obamacare, during his campaign he promised to take care of it on day 1, but it now comes to light his team never had any intention of doing so, given they never put down a plan. In the meantime, there is no plan to rebuild the country's infrastructure, and so far, Trump and his family are nothing but a financial burden on the country, not unlike the French monarchy. 

But that is just my opinion. How do you figure it's all the Democrat's fault that the so-called president can't get things done, given he has everything he needs to do so?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

I believe that his main fault is indeed not realizing how this all works 

No doubt he is unprepared and inadequate for the job, but he could and should surround himself with capable people. Instead the entire cabinet looks more like a clown car.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ready4ONE said:

The old defense of Donald Trump by glossing over another campaign whopper! Who'd a thunk it? Donald Trump promised he had a replacement plan for Obama Care. A great plan which everyone would agree was just fantastic, really the best plan, a plan greater than any plan in the history of planning. Really so great, amazing, wonderful, put on a happy face, Christmas is saved plan.

Then...

It turned out...

He lied about that too. I wonder if that is why Trumps poll numbers continue to tank?

That's what everyone is seeing. He lied, he was unprepared, and he had no intention of doing anything other than promote his own financial interests.