seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, fayriebaby said:

They got my RFE response 10/02 and just now i got an email and a text saying my card is now being produced thank God!

Omg!!!! Congrats!!! Can’t wait to mail ours!! Still we don’t know what else to add!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Luis562 said:

Omg!!!! Congrats!!! Can’t wait to mail ours!! Still we don’t know what else to add!

Thank you! what did they tell you to mail? ours have a list that we need to provide

7 hours ago, NoWhereWill said:

Hey there everyone,

I sent my package for I-751 to CSC on 4/17/17, they received it on 4/19, and my CRI-89 form is dated 4/17, but I-751 was formally received on 5/2. So I will post this in both May 2017 and April 2017 threads.

Just got my status changed on the old USCIS web-site to "We ordered your card". New website uscis.dhs.gov still showing "Case was transferred..."

So, here's my story

Got married and filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Didn't even file EAD and travel permit. Received my GC in 4 months - got scheduled for an interview for the date less than 3 months after applying, but my interview was re-scheduled one month later due to inclement weather. Got approved some 10 days after the interview. That happened in the very end of February 2016

In February 2017, even less than a year after my GC date filed for a divorce. Got my divorce finalized two months later, in mid-April 2017, and filed for I-751 immediately with a divorce waiver.

My documents were quite scarce. I did file required minimum for each category listed at USCIS web-site, and I didn't have many docs confirming our co-mingling in financial aspects, nor many pictures. I also attached a couple of postcards from friends addressing both of us, two affidavits. But what I did additionally I wrote a VERY DETAILED letter to the USCIS describing our short-lived marriage and the problems leading to divorce + why I had not too many documents. My situation was  quite severe as my other part turned out to be highly irresponsible financially - I attached documents from IRS + some Facebook screenshots as proofs of very lavish spending habits with quite scarce means for that lifestyle. 

I did read all the horrible stories about the problems/troubles/need to hire a lawyer. But in my understanding I didn't really need a lawyer at that stage since I could explain my situation myself clearly - I do believe my detailed letter went a long way. 

I received a one-year extension to my original GC (the old one without the direct statement "from the end date on your GC" yet, and that made a few airline employees confused - but never raised a brow of any CBP officer) at once, and started to wait.

I have been traveling extensively all the time, and never ever my extension letter with the expired GC was a problem. 

Throughout my wait I moved from CSC area to VSC area, but even though I had my fingers crossed they'd move my case with me as VSC was much quicker at that point nothing happened.

Then on 2/26/2018 I got my very first message about a "Local office transfer" - the glitch lots of people here got.

On 7/19/2018 I received a notice of transfer to VSC. Nice. And then VSC slowed down.

I really didn't bother calling/inquiring as online inquiry wouldn't be accepted by the web-site (my receipt was from CSC, even though in my transfer note they explicitly said my new processing times should be from VSC). 

And, today I've gotten my status change! I am really glad it's over, and my next step is - N400 in 2 years, exactly when my 5-years term as LPR ends. 

I honestly believe that writing a detailed letter explaining the situation helps process your case and eliminates a need for an interview. Immigration officers get the cases from tons of people from all over the world, each of them having a different background and different story, different circumstances and absolutely different style. They receive tons of documents (often unsorted) of various origins, in different languages, etc. I do believe should you want your case go smoothly - give it an effort and write a detailed explanations of your particular situation. 

I would like to thank everyone at this forum - your insights and experiences did help me navigate through the process and avoid some mistakes. I wish everyone success, and good luck and staunch patience with this exhausting wait!

Congratulations!!!

and I 100% agree with you. I had a long distance thing I had to explain and I think just writing a letter and adding that extra proof went a long way into saving us and interview. 

I am so happy for you and glad you were able to get out of such a situation. 

17 hours ago, fayriebaby said:

They got my RFE response 10/02 and just now i got an email and a text saying my card is now being produced thank God!

Amazing, congrats!!!

18 hours ago, NoWhereWill said:

Hey there everyone,

I sent my package for I-751 to CSC on 4/17/17, they received it on 4/19, and my CRI-89 form is dated 4/17, but I-751 was formally received on 5/2. So I will post this in both May 2017 and April 2017 threads.

Just got my status changed on the old USCIS web-site to "We ordered your card". New website uscis.dhs.gov still showing "Case was transferred..."

So, here's my story

Got married and filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Didn't even file EAD and travel permit. Received my GC in 4 months - got scheduled for an interview for the date less than 3 months after applying, but my interview was re-scheduled one month later due to inclement weather. Got approved some 10 days after the interview. That happened in the very end of February 2016

In February 2017, even less than a year after my GC date filed for a divorce. Got my divorce finalized two months later, in mid-April 2017, and filed for I-751 immediately with a divorce waiver.

My documents were quite scarce. I did file required minimum for each category listed at USCIS web-site, and I didn't have many docs confirming our co-mingling in financial aspects, nor many pictures. I also attached a couple of postcards from friends addressing both of us, two affidavits. But what I did additionally I wrote a VERY DETAILED letter to the USCIS describing our short-lived marriage and the problems leading to divorce + why I had not too many documents. My situation was  quite severe as my other part turned out to be highly irresponsible financially - I attached documents from IRS + some Facebook screenshots as proofs of very lavish spending habits with quite scarce means for that lifestyle. 

I did read all the horrible stories about the problems/troubles/need to hire a lawyer. But in my understanding I didn't really need a lawyer at that stage since I could explain my situation myself clearly - I do believe my detailed letter went a long way. 

I received a one-year extension to my original GC (the old one without the direct statement "from the end date on your GC" yet, and that made a few airline employees confused - but never raised a brow of any CBP officer) at once, and started to wait.

I have been traveling extensively all the time, and never ever my extension letter with the expired GC was a problem. 

Throughout my wait I moved from CSC area to VSC area, but even though I had my fingers crossed they'd move my case with me as VSC was much quicker at that point nothing happened.

Then on 2/26/2018 I got my very first message about a "Local office transfer" - the glitch lots of people here got.

On 7/19/2018 I received a notice of transfer to VSC. Nice. And then VSC slowed down.

I really didn't bother calling/inquiring as online inquiry wouldn't be accepted by the web-site (my receipt was from CSC, even though in my transfer note they explicitly said my new processing times should be from VSC). 

And, today I've gotten my status change! I am really glad it's over, and my next step is - N400 in 2 years, exactly when my 5-years term as LPR ends. 

I honestly believe that writing a detailed letter explaining the situation helps process your case and eliminates a need for an interview. Immigration officers get the cases from tons of people from all over the world, each of them having a different background and different story, different circumstances and absolutely different style. They receive tons of documents (often unsorted) of various origins, in different languages, etc. I do believe should you want your case go smoothly - give it an effort and write a detailed explanations of your particular situation. 

I would like to thank everyone at this forum - your insights and experiences did help me navigate through the process and avoid some mistakes. I wish everyone success, and good luck and staunch patience with this exhausting wait!

Congrats!!! :)

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, fayriebaby said:

Thank you! what did they tell you to mail? ours have a list that we need to provide

This is what I’m sending again.....

taxes last 2 years (shall we send the last 4 years?)

gas bill (both names )

edison bill (only me idk why Edison could add her )

car insurance both names

2 different bank  acts statements (both names)

our car lease bill (both names)

We have are our credit cards as an authorized user since nobody does joint credit accts (she have bad credit)

ofcurse our every day pics and memories from trips 

we can’t afford a house so we have no mortgage 

from past apartment we used to live I’m sending the contract and past bills with the same address 

we going crazy  we have no more resources any tips? 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Luis562 said:

This is what I’m sending again.....

taxes last 2 years (shall we send the last 4 years?)

gas bill (both names )

edison bill (only me idk why Edison could add her )

car insurance both names

2 different bank  acts statements (both names)

our car lease bill (both names)

We have are our credit cards as an authorized user since nobody does joint credit accts (she have bad credit)

ofcurse our every day pics and memories from trips  

we can’t afford a house so we have no mortgage 

from past apartment we used to live I’m sending the contract and past bills with the same address 

we going crazy  we have no more resources any tips? 

i sent all the tax year since i got here so they dont have anymore reasons lol (for both of you)

every bill put it in both of your names

print credit card statements, before i just sent copy of our credits cards but they said send the statements

bank account statements

insurance

tax transcripts to prove you guys filled jointly, you can get this in the irs website

drivers license/ state id for both of you showing same address

On 10/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, OmSaiRam88 said:

anyone who filed in VSC and got approved? Just want to know whats the processing time at VSC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=1188563754

Well, our third and final green card finally arrived today.  Our youngest teen's green card arrived about a month after her mother and sister's green cards.  The youngest had two biometric appointments, one during May of 2017 and another this year.  And, after all those photos, her green card ended up having her old visa photo taken in 2015.  She is now complaining that she will be stuck with an ugly photo for 10 years.  🙂 

For those that may be curious, here is the envelope the green cards arrived in.  No signature needed.  Two cards were left in our mailbox and one at our front door.  

Green Card (b).jpg

Timeline
17 hours ago, fayriebaby said:

i sent all the tax year since i got here so they dont have anymore reasons lol (for both of you)

every bill put it in both of your names

print credit card statements, before i just sent copy of our credits cards but they said send the statements

bank account statements

insurance

tax transcripts to prove you guys filled jointly, you can get this in the irs website

drivers license/ state id for both of you showing same address

how many statements did you send? also we have a letter from the bank saying we been costumers since 2014 showing both names...

should i print randomly statements from different years??

on the credit cards non let us show both names even tho she's on all of my credit cards and im on hers ..... 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Luis562 said:

how many statements did you send? also we have a letter from the bank saying we been costumers since 2014 showing both names...

should i print randomly statements from different years??

on the credit cards non let us show both names even tho she's on all of my credit cards and im on hers ..... 

i sent the most recent bank statement, i sent that letter from the bank too the 1st time but they said thats insufficient

try to call your credit card provider on how you can get that info

Timeline
Just now, fayriebaby said:

i sent the most recent bank statement, i sent that letter from the bank too the 1st time but they said thats insufficient

try to call your credit card provider on how you can get that info

i just called discover and citi they told us she can't be under the statement because im the account holder they're providing us same thing letter saying she's authorized user on mine (same thing with her accounts)

and for the bank account i have access to print all statements..... what else what else.... 😕

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Luis562 said:

i just called discover and citi they told us she can't be under the statement because im the account holder they're providing us same thing letter saying she's authorized user on mine (same thing with her accounts)

and for the bank account i have access to print all statements..... what else what else.... 😕

Not in the same name, check the statement there should be a page with her name and her statement

not all the statement just recent ones

Timeline
Just now, fayriebaby said:

Not in the same name, check the statement there should be a page with her name and her statement

not all the statement just recent ones

oh yeah! both names this process got us all crazy 😛  any other ideas or suggestions?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Luis562 said:

oh yeah! both names this process got us all crazy 😛  any other ideas or suggestions?

Haha relax, im a planner thats why i dont panic lol ocd problems.

thats all i got just check what i previously posted thats all i sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.