8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you! Great reminder to everyone :)

Actually I think I had seen this when I was researching to get our petition ready, because it's pretty much what we did. Except we did add emails and some FB Messenger transcripts in a section we called "Additional proof of bona fide relationship" :)

You're welcome.:-) Those are instructions from our preparer. To be honest I have been also freaking out and worried, counting the days everyday.. I hope all our petitions are handled with care and may God touch the hearts of those people who will be handling our petitions.. Long waiting game.., let's not let this game beat us.. let's beat this crazy game! God speed! :-)

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Sorry for posting so much since yesterday but I still have two questions:

- Did you all add an extra sheet of paper for the " declaration of how you met in person in the last two years " or did you just explain in few lines in the question 54 of the form? That's what we said but I'm not sure if that's enough ? " Met in Brussels in June 2015 while traveling. Began long-distance relationship for over 1 year; visits approx. 3 times a month. She has resided with me since August 2016. Proposed in April 2017 in France "

- Concerning the proofs of having met in past two years, I have some boarding passes in French as I'm Belgian but I don't know if I need to translate them or I can just highlight the dates and destination?

Timeline
1 hour ago, nexiou said:

Sorry for posting so much since yesterday but I still have two questions:

- Did you all add an extra sheet of paper for the " declaration of how you met in person in the last two years " or did you just explain in few lines in the question 54 of the form? That's what we said but I'm not sure if that's enough ? " Met in Brussels in June 2015 while traveling. Began long-distance relationship for over 1 year; visits approx. 3 times a month. She has resided with me since August 2016. Proposed in April 2017 in France "

- Concerning the proofs of having met in past two years, I have some boarding passes in French as I'm Belgian but I don't know if I need to translate them or I can just highlight the dates and destination?

Hello there.. I am the beneficiary. No worries, we all have questions and confusions and this site is created to help each other in ways we can. Regarding your first concern, I think my fiance did the same thing as you at first but had it redo after our preparer reviewed it, asked him to explain better or elaborate more. Yes, he added  extra sheet of paper and this is how it looks like, how he describe the circumstances of how we met... see the screenshot..

Regarding the boarding pass, that's a very important proof than plain tickets but I don't know if they need to be translated too.. But in my opinion, maybe it will be wise for you just have them translated for you to be prepared? 

Screenshot (704).png

Timeline
1 hour ago, JosephRose said:

Hello there.. I am the beneficiary. No worries, we all have questions and confusions and this site is created to help each other in ways we can. Regarding your first concern, I think my fiance did the same thing as you at first but had it redo after our preparer reviewed it, asked him to explain better or elaborate more. Yes, he added  extra sheet of paper and this is how it looks like, how he describe the circumstances of how we met... see the screenshot..

Regarding the boarding pass, that's a very important proof than plain tickets but I don't know if they need to be translated too.. But in my opinion, maybe it will be wise for you just have them translated for you to be prepared? 

Screenshot (704).png

Hello! I'm the benificiary as well! We'll definitely add another sheet of paper then, it can't hurt! Thanks for showing me the way you did it!

I was thinking of writting dates and destination in French with an explication of the trip, it should be enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/25/2017 at 1:29 PM, nexiou said:

Hello everybody,

My fiancé and I are just starting the process for the Fiancé visa and even if i'm excited, i'm so stressed out! I would like some help to make sure I'm not forgetting anything on the first step. I have a file with all the steps for the first package. Does it look okay for you or did I forget something?

1. Form I-129F: cover letter, declaration of how we met in person in the last two years, fiancé letter of Intent, proofs of having met in past two years
2. Form G-325a (one for my fiancé and one for me): one passeport photo + copy of he Birth certificate or passeport
3. G-1145

Thank you so much and good luck to everyone!!!

Hey, I know im a little late with my reply but here is a copy of my cover letter for my I-129F. Hopefully it helps, and let me know if you want to see anything else that might help your prep process.

Just a few tips:

1. I read somewhere that if you do decide to fill out a supplement page for Q.34, pt. A, then both the petitioner and beneficiary need to sign this page. You might not need to but we did just to be safe.

2. I also read that you need to print name, sign and write the date of when photo taken on the back of your passport style photos. Again, not entirely sure this is required but we did, to be safe.

3. For proof of having met, we included:

-          Boarding passes & Passport stamps

-          Hotel Reservations & Tickets

-          Bank statements (We highlighted our dates together and included dated photographs with geo-tags to supplement some of the transactions)

-          Photographs together with family and friends, included dates, geo-tags and names of persons in photographs)

-          Text messages (the first 6 months of us meeting, I was living in the states. So there was a lot of "Need a lift home?" "Sure, I'll be out of work in 2 mins", and "Meet me at the cafe at 12" etc. We included dated photographs with geo-tags to supplement some of the messages)

4. Proof of ongoing relationship IS NOT requirement! However, Iv read in so many places that its a good idea to put some in there. Specially cases from high-fraud countries, as often it doesn't come up in the interview so the consular can say that the evidence does not exist and therefore reject your case. Once again, not sure how true that is, but its what I have read and included it. Rather be safe than sorry.

Best of luck :)

VISA JOURNEY I-129F cover.pdf

K-1 Visa

3/17/17 - I-129F Mailed from London

3/28/17Arrived at Lewisville, TX

4/03/17 - Received a letter from USCIS stating they received an empty envelope (??) attached with the envelope we sent the package in

4/07/17Check Cashed and NOA1 email (I guess the rest of the package got to them)

4/15/17 - NOA1 hard copy received (Rcv date 4/03/17, NOA1 date 4/06/17)

9/1/17 - NOA2 Approval via online tracker

9/6/17 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

9/18/17 - Called NVC and received case number

9/20/17 - Case Arrived at Embassy

10/12/17 - Medical

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jasmayne said:

Welcome and God's luck on your journey 😊

Thank you. God's luck to your journey as well.. We can do this! Fighting!:jest:

Screenshot (704).png

Timeline
12 hours ago, nexiou said:

Hello! I'm the benificiary as well! We'll definitely add another sheet of paper then, it can't hurt! Thanks for showing me the way you did it!

I was thinking of writting dates and destination in French with an explication of the trip, it should be enough?

Hello there. You're welcome. Yes, I think it should be enough but you will have to translate French to English or have someone translate it for you. If you have hard photos together with dates imprint on it, it would be so much better as proof of meeting with in the last 2 years prior to the date you filed or you will be filing your k-1..

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mojordan said:

Hey, I know im a little late with my reply but here is a copy of my cover letter for my I-129F. Hopefully it helps, and let me know if you want to see anything else that might help your prep process.

Just a few tips:

1. I read somewhere that if you do decide to fill out a supplement page for Q.34, pt. A, then both the petitioner and beneficiary need to sign this page. You might not need to but we did just to be safe.

2. I also read that you need to print name, sign and write the date of when photo taken on the back of your passport style photos. Again, not entirely sure this is required but we did, to be safe.

-          Bank statements (We highlighted our dates together and included dated photographs with geo-tags to supplement some of the transactions)

-          Photographs together with family and friends, included dates, geo-tags and names of persons in photographs)

-          Text messages (the first 6 months of us meeting, I was living in the states. So there was a lot of "Need a lift home?" "Sure, I'll be out of work in 2 mins", and "Meet me at the cafe at 12" etc. We included dated photographs with geo-tags to supplement some of the messages)

4. Proof of ongoing relationship IS NOT requirement! However, Iv read in so many places that its a good idea to put some in there. Specially cases from high-fraud countries, as often it doesn't come up in the interview so the consular can say that the evidence does not exist and therefore reject your case. Once again, not sure how true that is, but its what I have read and included it. Rather be safe than sorry.

Hello there. Thanks for sharing this.. Your tip no.1 regarding Supplemental page for Q.34. A is now making me worried because we did it.. but I did not sign it. Only my fiance(the petitioner) signed it because that was just what our preparer told us to do.. I'm starting to freak out now, what if because of that we will be denied? huhu..

Timeline

@Mojordan Wow.. I just saw your RCV date and NOA1 date are the same as mine. That is interesting. I'm glad to know and to have accompany in this boat. I hope and pray our trip will go well along with the boats ahead and behind us.. I better search us more accompaniment.. haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mojordan said:

Just a few tips:

1. No its not necessary for both to sign.  Only the petitioner needs to sign and date it.  

2. For the passport photos you only need to write the name on the back as the instructions indicate.

Thanks for the cover letter.  If you google I-129f cover letter you will also find many more examples.   

4 hours ago, JosephRose said:

Hello there. Thanks for sharing this.. Your tip no.1 regarding Supplemental page for Q.34. A is now making me worried because we did it.. but I did not sign it. Only my fiance(the petitioner) signed it because that was just what our preparer told us to do.. I'm starting to freak out now, what if because of that we will be denied? huhu..

As stated above you are fine.  The person who helped you followed the instructions correctly.  In any case, if it was missing you would get an RFE and a chance to correct it.  Good luck! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JosephRose said:

Hello there. You're welcome. Yes, I think it should be enough but you will have to translate French to English or have someone translate it for you. If you have hard photos together with dates imprint on it, it would be so much better as proof of meeting with in the last 2 years prior to the date you filed or you will be filing your k-1..

We are almost done with everything, I'm so excited!

So, for the boarding passes we just highlighted our names and destination because there is nothing much to translate except our seats and flight number. For the pictures, they were all in digital but we printed 6 with names, dates and location on the back. They are 3 pictures with his family, 1 with my mine, 1 of us when we started dating and one of last week with my engagement ring when he asked me.

We also have a proof of residency showing that we've been living together since August 2016 and since he is in the military he also has multiple authorization leave for when he was visiting me in Brussels. I hope that's enough, ahah! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mojordan said:

Just a few tips:

Hello!

Thank you for sharing that!! 

Our cover letter is exactly the same and after reviewing everything you said, we seem to be fine! We were just not sure how to include the pictures but my fiancé put them in a sort of sleeve. We read that so many people had their pictures denied because of the format and the way they included them so I hope it's fine! 

Thank you again and fingers crossed for you!!!

Edited by nexiou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.