Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

How long does it take to get welcome letter or email from NVC after they have created a case number and invoice number .. 

they told me that I can’t take any actions till I get the welcome letter or email and it can take up to 4 weeks ...

this wait is killing me 

I think once you have your case number and IIN number you can log in to the CEAC website...have you tried it?

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

11 minutes ago, crmathew1 said:

I think once you have your case number and IIN number you can log in to the CEAC website...have you tried it?

I can’t ... I tried ... it tells me my case number is not eligible for further processing at this time ... I called NVC today .. he told me to wait to get the actual welcome letter to get started 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I can’t ... I tried ... it tells me my case number is not eligible for further processing at this time ... I called NVC today .. he told me to wait to get the actual welcome letter to get started 

Really? Thats ridiculous...more waiting! Ive been reading stuff on VJ where people just went ahead and logged in and filled out a DS-261...I am not looking forward to more waiting! :(

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

1 hour ago, crmathew1 said:

Really? Thats ridiculous...more waiting! Ive been reading stuff on VJ where people just went ahead and logged in and filled out a DS-261...I am not looking forward to more waiting! :(

That’s what I’m confused about ... whats the point of calling and getting the case number and invoice number if I can’t actually use it before I get the welcome letter ... .. now it feels like we have another 5-6 months to go still 

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

That’s what I’m confused about ... whats the point of calling and getting the case number and invoice number if I can’t actually use it before I get the welcome letter ... .. now it feels like we have another 5-6 months to go still 

3 hours ago, crmathew1 said:

Lol..I just tried opening it now and it’s letting me do it... so it is useful .. now I can start this process 

I was so stressed about that ...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Lol..I just tried opening it now and it’s letting me do it... so it is useful .. now I can start this process 

I was so stressed about that ...

Oh gosh! Thank God! Haha good luck!! I am still in limbo! Lol wishing u a speedy nvc process

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/09/2018 NVC Receive

Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 7:22 AM, NeerajPalak said:

Is anyone waiting on the NVC stage? I have got approved since Jan4th and still have got no case number. its been 30 days already but no answer yet so far. There is no way to understand when will i get case number. Uscis says 30 days. NVC says 6 weeks and 2 weeks to get case number. Did anyone had these issues ?

My case was approved on dec 12

on jan 16 - my case was sent to department of state,

called nvc yesterday they said there system is not updated yet. 

Edited by Info9909

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Same thing with us too. 

Our case was approved on December 27th , and then the case was sent to NVC on January 26th , and by now didn't get our case number yet.

I am counting on getting it these days for sure,  so I believe you will get your case number following week ..

Timeline

NVC finally got our case!! Question about updating the timeline on VJ..did you guys put in the date NVC received it or the date you got your case number? They said to call back in 2 weeks for a case number but I will be calling everyday :D

4 hours ago, V and O :) said:

Same thing with us too. 

Our case was approved on December 27th , and then the case was sent to NVC on January 26th , and by now didn't get our case number yet.

I am counting on getting it these days for sure,  so I believe you will get your case number following week ..

I hope you get it today because its the 2 week mark! 

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/09/2018 NVC Receive

Timeline
4 hours ago, Info9909 said:

My case was approved on dec 12

on jan 16 - my case was sent to department of state,

called nvc yesterday they said there system is not updated yet. 

My case was fwdedto nvc on Jan 31 and they said they got it today...try calling a diff agent? It shuld be soon hopefully! I hate how random this is!!!

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/09/2018 NVC Receive

So I filed my ds-261 last night and it said NVC has received it and it’s under review . I called them today to see if they can review it over the phone ... first the guy said yes and he put me on brief hold and then he said that he can’t do it right now cuz my case was only generated couple of days ago .. I have to wait for the welcome letter in order to  start this process .. he wouldn’t believe me when I told him that I already did complete ds 261 cuz it wasn’t showing up in their system ... and he said that the system won’t let me do it till i get the actual email or letter ... but I already did it .. so confused now .. 

Timeline

Yeahh 😂😂😂😂😂 finally got approved thnksss god noa1 18may rfe send 21 dec and approved 9 fab today got latter in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tanvir singh said:

Yeahh 😂😂😂😂😂 finally got approved thnksss god noa1 18may rfe send 21 dec and approved 9 fab today got latter in mail

Wow..!

Congratulations on your approval..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Abies said:

Wow..!

Congratulations on your approval..

Thnks abies ur letter definitely on wey i pray to god u got good news in this week so next level we both do it again 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Tanvir singh said:

Thnks abies ur letter definitely on wey i pray to god u got good news in this week so next level we both do it again 

Yea.. By his grace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.