Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

you know the confirmation page for the ds 160, is it ok to print in black and white? 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Medical & Interview booked!! So excited :D 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

1 minute ago, pajobra said:

Woohoo so happy for you. :D 

Just noticed mine and your interview are a day apart :D Let the countdown begin!

3 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Just noticed mine and your interview are a day apart :D Let the countdown begin!

Ha I noticed that after I posted. :D Yes the countdown is on. :D My fiance Chris is like ooh hun this is a month away. I had a library board meeting last night where the agenda was talking about what to do after I leave for hiring and do they want to change the job description up due to extras I did. lol Then the head of the board told me that they really did not want me to leave but understood. I told them that with all likelihood I would have my last day be two weeks after the interview if approved. I know that you are supposed to wait until visa in hand but I am tired of waiting besides they said they wouldn't fill my position until mid November anyway so if I need to stay longer they are not too bothered. lol

My Mum and I booked flights to Montreal yesterday and today I will book us an AirBnB for our 10 night stay. My Mum is super excited to take this trip with me and have this one last vacation together. She got all teary after that and said but then you will be leaving me. :( I have lived with her now for just over 2 years and we get along quite well. I will definitely miss my family but I know they will visit me and I them. :) 

I head into the city next week to visit my Grandpa, he is 95, for the last time before I leave unless I can swing another trip in. Knowing this will be probably the last time I ever see him is kinda sad. He is my last living grandparent. He is super excited for me and he got to meet Chris last time Chris visited here and that was super important to me. Grandpa loved him and the next time I was in he said that he knew I would be very happy and that made him happy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 2:53 AM, AnJ Co said:

RFE

Anyone know the time between rfe and noa2 

please im gonna be crazy 😐My fiance birthday on 11/28 i wanna celebrate with him im so nervous 😓😓😓😓😓

Edited by Leennnn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, gob332 said:

Congrats! Did you have any issues with the short from BC?

sort of... I think it was fine in the end but I have to admit I was worried about it right up til the time... :P

When i got the laminated sheet with the list of what order to put everything in, it said 'Birth Certificate(long form)' so I'm like oh great... lol.

Anyway my dad had found a photocopy of something similar to a long form BC... it wasn't certified or anything but was like a form that had all the information a long form would have.

So when the lady at the first window asked for my birth certificate, I gave her my short form and she looked at it and said, do you have the long form? the one with your parents names? So I said no sorry just the short form. And she was kind of just looking at me so I said but I do have this... and gave her the photocopy that my dad had found and she said do you have an original like this? and I said no... I did order one but it didn't come in time. So she sadi ok and took the original short form bc and the copy of the long-form type thing. and I noticed on the list she was checking off, beside BC she circled 'short' and wrote 'wtng form, copy only' .

Then at the interview the officer handed back my original short form and nothing more was said about it. SO hopefully it's ok! Thanks for checking back :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Leennnn said:

Anyone know the time between rfe and noa2 

please im gonna be crazy 😐My fiance birthday on 11/28 i wanna celebrate with him im so nervous 😓😓😓😓😓

It was about 30 days for us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

You all I am freaking out I'm going to mess up something between NVC and the interview and cause a delay, I called and got our case number and he said he was sure it would go out in a few days to the embassy    I don't know what to do while I wait    My fiancé is not very proactive so I have to organize everythng

3 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

CEAC status changed to Issued!! Interview 09/06, AP 09/07, Issued 09/08.

Does that mean my visa is on the way or are they still doing more with it?

It has this message: Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it after more than five (5) working days, please visit www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information to track your courier waybill, to check your profile at the appointment website, or send an email to Contactus_en_ca@usvisa-info.com to determine the status of your passport.

But that link wouldn't work for me... anybody else have this? Is there somewhere else I can go to track the visa if it is already sent?

Yes it is on the way to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

It has this message: Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it after more than five (5) working days, please visit www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information to track your courier waybill, to check your profile at the appointment website, or send an email to Contactus_en_ca@usvisa-info.com to determine the status of your passport.

But that link wouldn't work for me... anybody else have this? Is there somewhere else I can go to track the visa if it is already sent?

It should be on it's way soon but it could still be sitting at the embassy.  I'm on mobile so kind of hard for me to find a link, but "Issued" is the last status you will see on CEAC, now you have to track it via ustraveldocs.com

maybe look into the Canada forums for more specific info.  Congratulations!

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Mine changed to issued later in the day on the Thursday after my interview and it got sent out on Friday.  You will get an email when they send it out with the tracking info.  I bet you will get the email today (or Monday at the latest if it doesn't go out today) !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.