Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, troika said:

It'll be soon, probably today ! ^_^

I guess it depends per embassy. My case just left NVC 2 days ago and maybe i will wait until next week. Hopefully it will be fast and it will be great if it will show READY within today.

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

12 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

Good to know this in case it ever did come down to an urgent need of getting them there...
Was it DHL that actually delivered the mail to you or someone else once it got to Germany?

It came seperately from the regular mail or DHL package service in a DHL Express car. I guess there are contractors who hurry out to bring the envelopes.

It was way cheaper than FedEx. I remember Scott saying that my boxes of rocks (precious moving goods of course) are cheaper to send than his little folder, for which FedEx would have charged around 100$.

We/I can recommend using DHL if possible! :)

6 hours ago, annachka said:

Nope, we're still waiting :(

3/13 sent, 3/16 received

I'm sorry to see you guys still waiting!
Many crossed fingers to the Danish neighbor! I hope you'll be done with that soon! :)

9 hours ago, AfricanQ said:

Yes, 150 mark now Its so difficult getting to tier 2

Well on the bright side, we are closer to getting our noa2

Sigh, I was hoping so much to read an approval news from you.
So sorry, especially for you, since we kind of have the same dates for NOA1.
Fingers are crossed like crazy! 

8 minutes ago, Camie said:

Oh my gosh. Everytime someone says theyre still waiting for NOA2, I tell them so am I and then days later they come back here to say they've been approved. I'm happy for the couples, of course. ❤️ But I also can't help but wonder, "Okay, when will it be my turn? Surely my petition has been approved when we've all petition in the same month and got RFEs the same time?" it really sucks because you can show so much proof and still take forever to get approved. I've been with my fiance for 5 years since we became friends in college. That still wasn't enough proof for them to approve me within 2-4 weeks. It's been

NEVERMIND I CHECKED MY USCIS CASE TRACKER TO CHECK HOW MANY DAYS ITS BEEN AND IT SAYS WEVE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD???? I HAD NO IDEA THE CASE TRACKER WORKS TO NOTIFY YOU AFTER RFE. DONT MOST PEOPLE JUST GET MAIL? MY HEART IS BEATING SO FAST I CANT BELIEVE IT. I THINK CALLING TIER 2 EVERY WEEK HAS PAID OFF. THE LAST OFFICER I SPOKE TO WAS REALLY NICE AND TOLD ME HE SYMPATHIZES. WE WERE ON THE PHONE FOR 20 MINUTES CAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO REASSURE ME IT'D BE OK.

IM JUST SO HAPPY I CAN FINALLY MOVE ON WITH MY PETITION AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS🎉🍾😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

There are plenty of Marchies left........ Some I can think of right off include.....   @Ste&Sel @SimplyBlessed @AfricanQ @FutureMrsBennett and from February filing is @Camie

They don't do them in order, that's for sure!

For those tagged here still waiting on NOA 2, try to contact Tier 2 and ask if they'd be kind enough to fill in a service request for you even if you're within "processing time"

the first tier 2 officer we spoke to told us it hasnt been 60 days since RFE and I told him, "I know that sir, but we're part of a visa forum and many people who had RFE's weeks after me have gotten approved, so I know for a fact theyre already working on RFE cases in Feb and March" and then he said that's just how it is, everyone has to wait their turn. To which I said, "So, I guess there isn't much you can do for me huh" in a sad voice LOL and he said "Well, I can try and put in a service request for you" and I think that did helped speed up the process to NOA2. :)

Hope everyone else waiting will hear good news this week or the next. We all deserve to be with our loved ones! ❤️

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
8 hours ago, annachka said:

Nope, we're still waiting :(

3/13 sent, 3/16 received

No you're not :(. August 21 my  fiance received an rfe email (too sad cause we've waited more than 4 months then we receive rfe. Until now he didn't receive the mail from uscis what documents are we missing. :(

I have a question to all, what if my cp # that I put in our documents isn't the number I am using now (I'm the beneficiary)? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi everyone! I just want to share my interview experience in US EMBASSY MANILA yesterday, August 23,2017, 6:40AM.. especially to those who are going to have their interviews in Manila. :)) 

I arrived in US Embassy at 5AM. The guard let us in around 5:40.. You have to show them your APPOINTMENT LETTER, DS160 and passport.. 

we waited for 10-15 Minutes before they let us move to Data entry.. At the DATA entry, they gave us ziplock where we will place the passport.. They also took our ds160.. they will put a sticker on it then they will give you instructions where ypu should go..  They gave us back the DS160..

Next is FULL BODY SCANNER 

And then another FULL BODY SCANNER before you can proceed to the main building where you will have your prescreening, biomedical and FINAL INTERVIEW. 

PRESCREENING - Window 52

I was already inside, I was the first in the Letter C lane.. The windows were still closed.. The assistant told us to prepare the documents already BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NBI CLEARANCE, CENOMAR, MRV SLIP AND MEDICAL RECORD(BROWN ENVELOPE).. 

the windows already opened and I went to the first available windows already. I greeted her good morning. She was a Filipino consul.. I gave her my DS160..

Questions:

• What is your name?
  • Birthday?
  • What is your relationship to the petitioner?
  • Where did you meet? How?
  • When did the romantic relationship start?
  • If both of us have children?
  • How old are you?
  • How old is he?
  • Have you ever been to other countries?
  • Have you ever been to Mindanao? I said YES. She asked where?

Then she gave me back my ds160 and told me to proceed to window 43 for finger scanning

FINGER SCANNING Window 43. American Consul. He was the one with a very bad temper and he yells at applicants who cannot follow instructions. 😂 But I still greeted him a very good morning and a wide smile anyway😊I silently talked to myself that I better do well here or else I'll piss him off. I kept wiping my hands with my handkerchief.. 

he only asked me 

• what is your name?
  • Birthday

SUDDENLY, He was giving me a tissue paper. I thought he was giving it to me to wipe my hands because I was wiping my hands in my handkerchief 😂 I wiped my hands using the tissue paper but he said NO. The finger scanner, wipe it off😂😂😂😂 Omg. *face palm*

Then he told me to place my fingers on the scanner. He kept telling me PRESS HARD. I said to myself. What? Hard?😏 So I did. I pressed it hard. But he kept telling me to PRESS HARDER🤣 So I placed my other hand so I can press it waaaay harder just like what he wants😂 So it's good. Then the other hands and two thumbs. :)) All good. He put a stamp on my DS160. then gave it back to me, said proceed to the interview. 

FINAL INTERVIEW- WINDOW 66. A very nice American woman. :)) Always smiling and we laughed together. She just seems like a friend to me. It doesn't feel like an I thought it felt like just a conversation between two friends😂 I greeted her HI, MAAM! Good morning! :)) She smiled at me and greeted me good morning too and asked how I am doing. I said I'm great and I asked her back ☺️

I gave her again my ds160. She took it and told me to wait 

When she came back she started to ask me

• What is your name?
  • How long you've been together?
  • What do you like about your fiancé?
  • When was the last time he visited you?
  • What did you do when he was here? I said we went to Baguio city, had our engagement photoshoot and then he proposed again for the 2nd time. She laughed 😂
  • What? Is first time not enough? I said I guess not ma'am, he wanted to propose with ring. Then I showed her my left hand where my ring is. Her smile was really wide already. :D
  • Do you have wedding plans? I said yes and then she asked me what plans?
  • Where are you going? I said Chicago Illinois 
  • What can you say about Chicago? I just said what I remembered 😂😂 I said, there's a lake in there, Michigan Lake, Sears tower and GIANT BEAN!😂 she laughed again when she heard the giant bean😂 She said, OH YEAH, that's what I like about Chicago, too, I call it giant bean too😂. -- Now I'm regretting I forgot about the DEEP DISH PIZZA🤣

Then just checked my papers again.. Then she said I SEE NO PROBLEM, looks good.. You are approved. Then she gave me two pamphlet explained it to me.. I couldn't focus anymore, I started to cry.. then she repeated what she told me she said CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE APPROVED! WAIT FOR YOUR VISA IN 6-10 working days.. Have a nice day! 😍 I thanked her so much ☺️

SHE didn't take any of my fiancé's documents. Not even the form i-134 and the supporting documents! Just my documents. She didn't even asked for our pictures. :)) 

THANK YOU, LORD! Finally! I'm done! 

Ticket already booked last August 4 😂 Big risk but my fiancé had so much faith 😊 Good thing I made it! I'll finally be with him in 9 weeks. Yes 😂 :D I wanted to take my time and spend more time with my family first. :)) 

Tips for everyone: ALWAYS WEAR A BIG SMILE AND GREET EVERYONE IN THERE. :)) It will always be a great help to lighten up their moods. 😊

Pray and pray and pray 😊

:jest:

The FILIPINO CONSUL was the one who took my documents during the pre screening 😊😊😊

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi everyone! I just want to share my interview experience in US EMBASSY MANILA yesterday, August 23,2017, 6:40AM.. especially to those who are going to have their interviews in Manila. :)) 

I arrived in US Embassy at 5AM. The guard let us in around 5:40.. You have to show them your APPOINTMENT LETTER, DS160 and passport.. 

we waited for 10-15 Minutes before they let us move to Data entry.. At the DATA entry, they gave us ziplock where we will place the passport.. They also took our ds160.. they will put a sticker on it then they will give you instructions where ypu should go..  They gave us back the DS160..

Next is FULL BODY SCANNER 

And then another FULL BODY SCANNER before you can proceed to the main building where you will have your prescreening, biomedical and FINAL INTERVIEW. 

PRESCREENING - Window 52

I was already inside, I was the first in the Letter C lane.. The windows were still closed.. The assistant told us to prepare the documents already BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NBI CLEARANCE, CENOMAR, MRV SLIP AND MEDICAL RECORD(BROWN ENVELOPE).. 

the windows already opened and I went to the first available windows already. I greeted her good morning. She was a Filipino consul.. I gave her my DS160..

Questions:

• What is your name?
  • Birthday?
  • What is your relationship to the petitioner?
  • Where did you meet? How?
  • When did the romantic relationship start?
  • If both of us have children?
  • How old are you?
  • How old is he?
  • Have you ever been to other countries?
  • Have you ever been to Mindanao? I said YES. She asked where?

Then she gave me back my ds160 and told me to proceed to window 43 for finger scanning

FINGER SCANNING Window 43. American Consul. He was the one with a very bad temper and he yells at applicants who cannot follow instructions. 😂 But I still greeted him a very good morning and a wide smile anyway😊I silently talked to myself that I better do well here or else I'll piss him off. I kept wiping my hands with my handkerchief.. 

he only asked me 

• what is your name?
  • Birthday

SUDDENLY, He was giving me a tissue paper. I thought he was giving it to me to wipe my hands because I was wiping my hands in my handkerchief 😂 I wiped my hands using the tissue paper but he said NO. The finger scanner, wipe it off😂😂😂😂 Omg. *face palm*

Then he told me to place my fingers on the scanner. He kept telling me PRESS HARD. I said to myself. What? Hard?😏 So I did. I pressed it hard. But he kept telling me to PRESS HARDER🤣 So I placed my other hand so I can press it waaaay harder just like what he wants😂 So it's good. Then the other hands and two thumbs. :)) All good. He put a stamp on my DS160. then gave it back to me, said proceed to the interview. 

FINAL INTERVIEW- WINDOW 66. A very nice American woman. :)) Always smiling and we laughed together. She just seems like a friend to me. It doesn't feel like an I thought it felt like just a conversation between two friends😂 I greeted her HI, MAAM! Good morning! :)) She smiled at me and greeted me good morning too and asked how I am doing. I said I'm great and I asked her back ☺️

I gave her again my ds160. She took it and told me to wait 

When she came back she started to ask me

• What is your name?
  • How long you've been together?
  • What do you like about your fiancé?
  • When was the last time he visited you?
  • What did you do when he was here? I said we went to Baguio city, had our engagement photoshoot and then he proposed again for the 2nd time. She laughed 😂
  • What? Is first time not enough? I said I guess not ma'am, he wanted to propose with ring. Then I showed her my left hand where my ring is. Her smile was really wide already. :D
  • Do you have wedding plans? I said yes and then she asked me what plans?
  • Where are you going? I said Chicago Illinois 
  • What can you say about Chicago? I just said what I remembered 😂😂 I said, there's a lake in there, Michigan Lake, Sears tower and GIANT BEAN!😂 she laughed again when she heard the giant bean😂 She said, OH YEAH, that's what I like about Chicago, too, I call it giant bean too😂. -- Now I'm regretting I forgot about the DEEP DISH PIZZA🤣

Then just checked my papers again.. Then she said I SEE NO PROBLEM, looks good.. You are approved. Then she gave me two pamphlet explained it to me.. I couldn't focus anymore, I started to cry.. then she repeated what she told me she said CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE APPROVED! WAIT FOR YOUR VISA IN 6-10 working days.. Have a nice day! 😍 I thanked her so much ☺️

SHE didn't take any of my fiancé's documents. Not even the form i-134 and the supporting documents! Just my documents. She didn't even asked for our pictures. :)) 

THANK YOU, LORD! Finally! I'm done! 

Ticket already booked last August 4 😂 Big risk but my fiancé had so much faith 😊 Good thing I made it! I'll finally be with him in 9 weeks. Yes 😂 :D I wanted to take my time and spend more time with my family first. :)) 

Tips for everyone: ALWAYS WEAR A BIG SMILE AND GREET EVERYONE IN THERE. :)) It will always be a great help to lighten up their moods. 😊

Pray and pray and pray 😊

:jest:

I'm so happy for you!!!! Sounds like a great interview. You should share this experience in the Philippines section of VJ. I'm sure many people would love to hear about it!

June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Camie said:

I'm so happy for you!!!! Sounds like a great interview. You should share this experience in the Philippines section of VJ. I'm sure many people would love to hear about it!

Thaaank you! :)) 

Where can I find the Philippines section of vj? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yzabelle said:

Thaaank you! :)) 

Where can I find the Philippines section of vj? 

Here you are: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/ ❤️

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Camie said:

Thank you so much! I never this existed 😂😂 Thank you😊

Update!!  We sent our email to the Sydney Consulate on 14 Aug.  They responded on 22 Aug with an interview date of 29 Aug.  Mad stress!! We needed a later date.  We had asked in our initial email.  We responded with "cancel" for the 29th and requested again either 26 Sept or 3 Oct.  They replied within 24 hours with an interview date of 26 Sept!!!!!!!!  We are soooooo excited!!!!  It's been good to see all the updates and posts of people's process moving forward!  I hope ALL the march filers get progress soon!!!!

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, annachka said:

Has anyone tried to escalate their case (I'm on day 163)?  I've been in touch with someone from Nancy Pelosi's office (I'm one of her constituents), through their immigration office.  All the agent been able to do for me is give me the information that I otherwise could get from USCIS's processing times site, except instead of instantly looking it up, I can wait a day for him to email it to me :rolleyes:.  While polite, he was wholly unsympathetic and mentioned that I could try applying for something like medical hardship, but it's doubtful I'd have a case.

I contacted every single senator (even local -- who directed me to Pelosi's office) about a month ago and have heard no reply from my federal representatives.  Yesterday, I tried again.  I called the office of Senator Dianne Feinstein and they told me to file the case work for immigration form.  I did so, along with a letter explaining the situation and the correspondence I've had with Nancy Pelosi's office.  It actually cost me $10 to fax the dang package, because they wouldn't let me email it!  (Who even has a fax machine anymore? ^_^)  Heard nothing back.  

I'm really not sure what to do at this point.  Maybe I really should try for medical hardship?  Has anyone had any luck with that?

CSC are saying they're on February 1st still (down from February 15th that they said they were at last month).  

This feels so bad, guys.

I totally understand. Am here at home crying. I dont understand how other are end of the road n we still waiting for noa2. This makes me feel so down. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.