Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, pajobra said:

I was filling out the DS-160 since it saves for 30 days and I have a question. It asks your parents addresses. My Mum's is easy as I live with her however my father well I haven't spoke to him in years. I know he lives on a farm somewhere north of Winnipeg. How accurate do I have to be or do I need to get a hold of my Uncle and try and get my father's number and get his actual address.

We have a similar situation, I believe the lawyer just put down unknown or N/A. Worst case is it's an interview question and you explain it.

I think they get this particular one a lot.

Just now, twoDs said:

We have a similar situation, I believe the lawyer just put down unknown or N/A. Worst case is it's an interview question and you explain it.

I think they get this particular one a lot.

Ok thats what I was thinking. Thanks and they probably do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

i check my case tracker today and I saw 5 new RFE's from march 27 filers of i-129F. Ive been monitoring my tracker for the past few days and Ive seen 27 new RFE's since July 20. Then. Yesterday July 28, I saw 7 approvals which is unusual for me since I heard they stopped updating the website since May 😅 Ive been seeing new RFE's near our case number, 5th and 4th case numbers above ours got RFE's from July 26 and 27. 3rd case number after our case # got an rfe as well from July 27. Then yesterday July 28, the 3rd case nunber above ours got an approval. Then some new rfe's and approvals nearby. So close! I want to believe we're already approved even though ours is still "case received" since they have been checking the cases close to our case number this week. I hope its a good sign! Are they reviewing the cases by batch? Please enlighten me! I want to be more positive with this. 🙏🏻😩

All signs point at them working on cases mostly for particular days, with a strong preference for days at the very end of March.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

i check my case tracker today and I saw 5 new RFE's from march 27 filers of i-129F. Ive been monitoring my tracker for the past few days and Ive seen 27 new RFE's since July 20. Then. Yesterday July 28, I saw 7 approvals which is unusual for me since I heard they stopped updating the website since May 😅 Ive been seeing new RFE's near our case number, 5th and 4th case numbers above ours got RFE's from July 26 and 27. 3rd case number after our case # got an rfe as well from July 27. Then yesterday July 28, the 3rd case nunber above ours got an approval. Then some new rfe's and approvals nearby. So close! I want to believe we're already approved even though ours is still "case received" since they have been checking the cases close to our case number this week. I hope its a good sign! Are they reviewing the cases by batch? Please enlighten me! I want to be more positive with this. 🙏🏻😩

Can I lie????

Seriously, I watched the 6th case after me RFE on June 21 and I still sit here...

On 7 26, the 6th case before me RFE - and nothing was in today's mail......

It's a guess, but keep the faith - you never know :)

Timeline

We have reached the 4 month period the other day and taduuuhhh! We're still waiting. We have missed 3 check boxes so I believe we'd get an rfe anytime soon. But I keep praying at the same time (like everyday) that we wont. Nothing is impossible to God anyways! Right now we have not received any rfe update yet, though others close to our case number have been getting rfe's. Im hoping for a positive result becos of this. There's nothing I can do but to patiently wait. 💔 Patience is a virtue in this process. The one thing I learned (the hard way) when while waiting on this approval process was that comparing our timeline to others was the WORST thing I could have done. Not only is it truly futile, but it stresses you out worse than it would if you just went with a ballpark idea and were content to let it come when it came. Sigh. On the other hand, As long as Id make it this october before our friend's Joe wedding in Tennessee Im still fine. 🙏🏻

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

We have reached the 4 month period the other day and taduuuhhh! We're still waiting. We have missed 3 check boxes so I believe we'd get an rfe anytime soon. But I keep praying at the same time (like everyday) that we wont. Nothing is impossible to God anyways! Right now we have not received any rfe update yet, though others close to our case number have been getting rfe's. Im hoping for a positive result becos of this. There's nothing I can do but to patiently wait. 💔 Patience is a virtue in this process. The one thing I learned (the hard way) when while waiting on this approval process was that comparing our timeline to others was the WORST thing I could have done. Not only is it truly futile, but it stresses you out worse than it would if you just went with a ballpark idea and were content to let it come when it came. Sigh. On the other hand, As long as Id make it this october before our friend's Joe wedding in Tennessee Im still fine. 🙏🏻

There Ya Go!! You have the right attitude :)   Comparing to others who have hit their mark sooner is a fast train to despair.  Sharing your faith; It is true that in perfect timing, this will all work out.  If you have come this far by faith and have talked to God about this huge step in your life, then I doubt He brought you this far to forget you.  Expect 6 months and be thrilled with a blessing of anything less.  When I feel like I have been left behind in this process, I just look around here on VJ and l always find someone who has been waiting longer and it removes my argument to complain about LOL   Keep the faith and remain strong - we'll get there - perhaps at the same time :)

1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

:D:D:D Congratulations :D:D:D

Hope your remaining portion is double fast

Thanks & I do too! It looks like Ho Chi Minh City interviews usually happen a couple months after the NOA2 though. It seems there is a backlog there too! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hurry&Wait said:

Thanks & I do too! It looks like Ho Chi Minh City interviews usually happen a couple months after the NOA2 though. It seems there is a backlog there too! 

take the soonest appt date but keep checking for a opening,  It happens where someone has a document delay and they have to back schedule and their earlier date appears as open.

Timeline
6 hours ago, MentalVoid said:

Called the NVC today because I had a gut feeling. Waited like 30 minutes on line 7 to be told I need to call line 5 (that was new to me). No wait for line 5 though. My case was received today, no case number yet. Hopefully it'll be assigned when I call Monday! (7/18 NOA2 date for those wondering)

6 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Good luck for you to have it on Monday!
When they received ours it took 4 days to generate the number! :)
If they don't just ask you for the WAC on the phone, but starting to ask for date of birth, then you got jackpot! :)

And yes, it's line 5 :) 

I can imagine. I kind of would like to be a mouse and witness you jogging in there with your folder all nervous! :)
But nevermind... I just google earthed the embassy in Frankfurt and am researching about parking, because I freak out if I find none lol 

Interesting i just did the 1, 7...and the wait and they gave it too me...but yes first day was just the wac...they told me just recieved..next day it was wac..my name her name birthdate and then they gave me the numbers....but now just waiting on them to send it.... good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, SChamb said:

Interesting i just did the 1, 7...and the wait and they gave it too me...but yes first day was just the wac...they told me just recieved..next day it was wac..my name her name birthdate and then they gave me the numbers....but now just waiting on them to send it.... good luck!

Maybe it's based on the country? Or they just don't want to make it standard so we're always guessing lol.

Victoria & Nicholas

Spoiler

August 2009: Met online

October 2013: First in-person visit

February 2016: Second in-person visit

July 2016: Third in-person visit

March 2017: Fourth in-person visit (Got engaged March 13th, 2017). 
October 2017: Got married on October 21, 2017!

I-129F

Spoiler

03/20/2017: Application sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

03/22/2017: Application delivered and signed for.

03/27/2017: Check for I-129F payment cashed.

03/28/2017: Text and email NOA1 received.

04/03/2017: Hard copy NOA1 received.

07/18/2017: Petition approved and NOA2 sent out.

07/22/2017: NOA2 hard copy received.

07/28/2017: NVC received case from USCIS.

08/02/2017: Case number assigned. 

08/03/2017: Case changed to "In Transit".

08/11/2017: Embassy received case.

08/11/2017: Medical!

08/20/2017: Interview date assigned.

08/29/2017: Interview! (APPROVED!!)

09/01/2017: Non-immigrant case created in CEAC.

09/04/2017: Status changed to Administrative processing.

09/05/2017: Status changed to Issued.

09/06/2017: Visa in hand!

09/14/2017: POE!

10/21/2017: Got married!

I-485 (and EAD + AP)

Spoiler

11/26/2017: I-485 (Plus EAD and AP applications) sent to Chicago.

Timeline
Just now, MentalVoid said:

Maybe it's based on the country? Or they just don't want to make it standard so we're always guessing lol.

Lololol... probably the guessing after uscis fun we have had...dint want us to get to comfortable lolol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, SChamb said:

What's the number? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey all =) I have another question hehe So, when I am filling out whatever forms for this process, I get a few random boxes that I can't type in because it won't let me... has anyone else ran in to this and what have you did? In the I219F I just hand wrote in those boxes. But, I am now coming across it in the I-134. Specifically the box where you type your employers name also, part 7 1a-c. Just trying to be prepared for when the time comes  lol

8 hours ago, pajobra said:

I was filling out the DS-160 since it saves for 30 days and I have a question. It asks your parents addresses. My Mum's is easy as I live with her however my father well I haven't spoke to him in years. I know he lives on a farm somewhere north of Winnipeg. How accurate do I have to be or do I need to get a hold of my Uncle and try and get my father's number and get his actual address.

I had problems with my moms adress,haven't seen her in years no idea where she is,never even bothered to turn up at my dad's funeral 😠 I left her adress blank originally submitted my ds-160 then decided to fill blank areas as unknown and resubmit a new ds160 😁😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.