Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 10:25 PM, Elisaveta said:

Yes, by email and phone. Did you register your email while preparing the I129 form? If not, you can go to the USCIS site and create an account, then register for email and phone notifications. That way you'll be notified about it but you'll still have to wait for the actual document to arrive by mail. Hope this helps 

Elisaveta thank you;  my fiancé is actually the petitioner and yes we did put his email on the i129f form. but i don t think he created an account  on the UCIS website , i will check with him that. thank you for your reply !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Glad your case was touched though. Good news.

Thank you!

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/15/2017 at 3:22 PM, TearsOfBabylon said:

My timeline moved several times since March. Mostly in the wrong direction, sometimes in the right. All in all it went away from the waiting ME for a week. But it's ok.
Been waiting so long - it doesn't matter anymore. And we're still on track with time. 

Ebay.... so annoying haha. I've sold about 100 things yet, mostly clothes. The furniture has to go via something like craigslist. 
It's getting a little emptier in here. I've also almost finished packet #4 to ship to Scott. One is on the way already.

Small steps, but continuous ones :)
I'll still be in a freakin hurry once it's time... I know that haha

Miss Germany, 

sorry for being such an ignorant ..but where do you check this timeline?:rolleyes: is it something that has to do with the UCIS account?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

Eric received the RFE in the mail today. Missed a box involving criminal record.

I haven't seen it yet, he just texted me.

I'm still wondering how on earth we managed to miss it. Well, at least it's something easy to fix, that's a relief:)

Can you please share with us if the first part of the letter is the same as ours (the quotation of the provision C.F.R 103.2(b)(11)? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elisaveta said:

You are absolutely right, I'm thinking the same. Todd will call USCIS monday and he will ask them if we need to send additional info. The thing is, from what I've read, when answering an RFE, only send what they ask for and absolutely nothing else. That's my dilemma and I'm hoping for advice on it on this forum. I have already posted in the RFE group. 

This would be my advice as well:)

simply respond with the questions that they have asked you. Nothing more nothing less.

2 hours ago, piranda said:

Miss Germany, 

sorry for being such an ignorant ..but where do you check this timeline?:rolleyes: is it something that has to do with the UCIS account?

Haha! :D
Hello, Miss (?) Romania! 
You can see the timeline if you click here, top right on your nickname. There's a dropdown menu; go to "my timeline", then scroll down until right under the "buttons" on there. 
There you can find what VJ estimates for your NOA2. :)
Drum bun! hehe 

3 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

Eric received the RFE in the mail today. Missed a box involving criminal record.

I haven't seen it yet, he just texted me.

I'm still wondering how on earth we managed to miss it. Well, at least it's something easy to fix, that's a relief:)

Ohhhh great Olya!!!
That's an easy fix, and your NOA2 will follow shortly! A ton of rocks must have fallen off your heart! :) 
Charascho! :D
(However that is spelled!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, this is my first post. this is a great blog, my noa1 date is march 21st, this is extremely stressful journey and full of anxiety. I think The anxiety will remain there until my fiancé steps on an American soil. Hoping that I should have an approval notice by the end of first week of July. U guys r amazing, good luck to u all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot but haven't posted anything in quite a while. Now that we are starting to see some movement on march cases I have a couple questions. How do we get notified when these cases are received at the NVC and then sent to the embassy? How and when can we request having the packets delivered from the embassy to our beneficiaries by email instead of regular mail? I'm still running to my mailbox as soon as I get home from work looking for a NOA 2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sangar said:

Hi all, this is my first post. this is a great blog, my noa1 date is march 21st, this is extremely stressful journey and full of anxiety. I think The anxiety will remain there until my fiancé steps on an American soil. Hoping that I should have an approval notice by the end of first week of July. U guys r amazing, good luck to u all

Welcome!! It is nice to see other Virginians here :)  I hope you speedy NOA2!

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
37 minutes ago, MD&MC said:

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot but haven't posted anything in quite a while. Now that we are starting to see some movement on march cases I have a couple questions. How do we get notified when these cases are received at the NVC and then sent to the embassy? How and when can we request having the packets delivered from the embassy to our beneficiaries by email instead of regular mail? I'm still running to my mailbox as soon as I get home from work looking for a NOA 2.

Hello!  After about two weeks from your NOA2 date you start calling NVC ((603) 334-0700) to see if they have received your case and will give you a case number. Once you have that case number you will be able to track your case to the embassy at this website https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. For the packets you should email the embassy for your fiance to see if that is possible - that would be something that varies from embassy to embassy. I know Peru emails it automatically, but others might not. Good luck with your journey!! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Elisaveta said:

Hi, we got our RFE in the mail today. As i shared previously, we had 3 unchecked boxes. The RFE doesn't address them but asks for a passport size photo of my fiancé. I also want to share some good news with the couples that are expecting an RFE (thinking they'll get one for an unchecked box). You might not get an RFE for that and your NOA2 might be on its way!

Thank you! :)) Hopefully they will just consider it.. Commonsense is what they need to use. Since I am single, I don't have previous  spouse.. no child, I didn't put any pictures with a child with him 😂 And we met 4 years ago when we were both student.. and I believe, they can do background check whether I've been to the US or not.. But if ever they send us a RFE, I think we'll still be good. Been checking the website and still case received. 😊 I'll just wait until Friday next week if still no letter or no update, I will ask my fiancé to call them.. I'm still hoping that they will check our or they already checked ours and didn't try to notice them hahahaha! What about you? I don't remember what boxes you missed. :)) 

@Eric&Olya finally you got your letter! :)) can you share me what they instructed you to do? Do you have to send them another set of i-129f or just the page where you missed to answer one box? NOA2 will come shortly to you! :)) will only take a week after they respond after receiving it. ^^ based on my observations. :))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

@Yzabelle, I've also never been married,  (we didn't check that box), no kids, I have traveled to the US just recently (didn't check that box) and didn't put my address in my native language, but it's there in English. 

All of the stuff we missed though are in my opinion insignificant as they ask additional questions and can get the information from the answers on those questions  (e.g. name of previous spouse(if you didn't have one you would not write in a name), or for the question '' have i ever been to the States '' we actually submitted the airline tickets, my I94 form (admission and departure from the US), pictures of us during my visit with US landmarks (The statue of liberty, Wallstreet)  etc. So, it's all there and we have submitted more than enough evidence but the thing is they can issue an RFE in every stage of the process for whatever reason they see fit. Sometimes an unchecked box is overlooked, sometimes it is not. I'm actually thinking about sending them the things we missed the first time around just in case. 

The background check comes later, when the case gets transferred to NVC

Hopefully, you will get your NOA2 soon and avoid this RFE nonsense! :D Fingers crossed,  keep us updated. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Mike & Tuyen said:

Congrats! Hopefully the pace will pick up.  Realky anxious to see my love.

I know that feeling oh too well 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elisaveta said:

@Yzabelle, I've also never been married,  (we didn't check that box), no kids, I have traveled to the US just recently (didn't check that box) and didn't put my address in my native language, but it's there in English. 

All of the stuff we missed though are in my opinion insignificant as they ask additional questions and can get the information from the answers on those questions  (e.g. name of previous spouse(if you didn't have one you would not write in a name), or for the question '' have i ever been to the States '' we actually submitted the airline tickets, my I94 form (admission and departure from the US), pictures of us during my visit with US landmarks (The statue of liberty, Wallstreet)  etc. So, it's all there and we have submitted more than enough evidence but the thing is they can issue an RFE in every stage of the process for whatever reason they see fit. Sometimes an unchecked box is overlooked, sometimes it is not. I'm actually thinking about sending them the things we missed the first time around just in case. 

The background check comes later, when the case gets transferred to NVC

Hopefully, you will get your NOA2 soon and avoid this RFE nonsense! :D Fingers crossed,  keep us updated. 

My received date is March 14. So hopefully.. Waahhh!! I'll keep everyone updated. 😊 they didn't gave you an RFE about the missed box so hopefully we'll get lucky, too. Thank you so much! I feel better. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.