Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BlackbirdRN said:

Thank you! I'll try not to rely on the app too much for the time being :) 

I kinda forgot, have you all signed up for USPS Informed Delivery? You'll get a scan of your incoming letters for the day on a daily basis. Also, if it's a RFE, you'll be receiving a text and e-mail. If none of that, you are probably looking at getting a NOA2 instead :dancing:

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

I kinda forgot, have you all signed up for USPS Informed Delivery? You'll get a scan of your incoming letters for the day on a daily basis. Also, if it's a RFE, you'll be receiving a text and e-mail. If none of that, you are probably looking at getting a NOA2 instead :dancing:

I tried signing up, and then it asked me a bunch of BS questions that I know I answered 100% correct. Then it said it was unable to verify my identity online and I have to go into the post office and stand in line with my passport and some bills in my name and address. What a pain in the rear. :angry:

Just now, dkmfan85 said:

I tried signing up, and then it asked me a bunch of BS questions that I know I answered 100% correct. Then it said it was unable to verify my identity online and I have to go into the post office and stand in line with my passport and some bills in my name and address. What a pain in the rear. :angry:

Sorry to hear about that. I signed up for my fiance just fine while we were video calling. We actually answered one question (about the year the property was built and he got it off by a year) wrongly but got through just fine. Maybe try again :)  

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Yes, I signed up for my fiancé and I'm the one who checks it every morning his time to get some peace of mind. Now I get to see everyone's incoming mails including his brothers' hahaha 

AOS Timeline:

Dec 18, 2017:           Married!
January 18, 2018:    Filed AOS, EAD, AP

March 1, 2018:         Biometrics 
May 24, 2018:          Interview (Approved)

June 7, 2018:           Received Green Card

ROC Timeline:

March 26, 2020:      ROC packet sent via FedEx (Phoenix Service Center)

March 31, 2020:      USCIS received the packet

April 3, 2020:          NOA received

Sept 30, 2020:       Biometric letter received (I didn't have to do it due to pandemic)

January 20 2021:   Approval letter received

January 29, 2021:      Green Card received!

1 minute ago, BlackbirdRN said:

Yes, I signed up for my fiancé and I'm the one who checks it every morning his time to get some peace of mind. Now I get to see everyone's incoming mails including his brothers' hahaha 

That's funny :jest: Initially I put my fiance's e-mail address but knowing him he wouldn't really check it so I told him I'll change it to my e-mail address. I get an e-mail around 8 am EST daily and I'll look if there are any immigration related letters. 

1 minute ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post here although I've been lurking in this thread for a while waiting for my NOA2. And finally the wait for NOA2 has come to an end! My fiance received the hard copy today dated 6/9/2017. I'm still freaking out and I just wanted to wish everyone good luck, much strength, and may you receive yours soon! Every day we are one step closer to our loved ones so hang in there!! <3

NOA1 Received Date: March 13, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: March 16, 2017

NOA2 Notice Date: June 9, 2017

Congratulations on your NOA2 and good luck with the embassy level :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

That's funny :jest: Initially I put my fiance's e-mail address but knowing him he wouldn't really check it so I told him I'll change it to my e-mail address. I get an e-mail around 8 am EST daily and I'll look if there are any immigration related letters. 

I put on his email address too but I don't want to bug him in the morning to check his email. Another thing, last month I sent him a letter but the informed delivery and tracking didn't recognized my mail. I tried using the tracker our local post office gave me then it said that the letter was received in Qatar. But he got the letter already. So weird. 

AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

Sept 30, 2020:       Biometric letter received (I didn't have to do it due to pandemic)

1 minute ago, BlackbirdRN said:

I put on his email address too but I don't want to bug him in the morning to check his email. Another thing, last month I sent him a letter but the informed delivery and tracking didn't recognized my mail. I tried using the tracker our local post office gave me then it said that the letter was received in Qatar. But he got the letter already. So weird. 

Was it really a letter letter? Because at the moment USPS will only scan letters. So if it doesn't look like a letter due to size and appearance, maybe that's why it didn't show up via Informed Delivery :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post here although I've been lurking in this thread for a while waiting for my NOA2. And finally the wait for NOA2 has come to an end! My fiance received the hard copy today dated 6/9/2017. I'm still freaking out and I just wanted to wish everyone good luck, much strength, and may you receive yours soon! Every day we are one step closer to our loved ones so hang in there!! <3

NOA1 Received Date: March 13, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: March 16, 2017

NOA2 Notice Date: June 9, 2017

Congratulations! 🤗

Received date for me is March 14.. Hopefully we get to hear from them until tomorrow.. For rfe 😊 

Now you're on the next step 😊

Timeline
24 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Was it really a letter letter? Because at the moment USPS will only scan letters. So if it doesn't look like a letter due to size and appearance, maybe that's why it didn't show up via Informed Delivery :)

Yes it was just a regular letter. I'll send him another one next week and on July for his birthday. We'll see if the USPS will recognize it and our local tracker will encode the correct destination by that time :) I don't know but there's something sweet about hand-written letters ❤️

AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

Just now, BlackbirdRN said:

Yes it was just a regular letter. I'll send him another one next week and on July for his birthday. We'll see if the USPS will recognize it and our local tracker will encode the correct destination by that time :) I don't know but there's something sweet about hand-written letters ❤️

Yes I'm a sucker for handwritten snail mails, my fiancé not so much :jest:

7 hours ago, SolFreeman said:

Yes! Thank you!!! I can sleep very well now!!! Lol How long do we have to wait for the case number? 😅

Give them a call in 10 days to 2 weeks see if they have your case then after that, call every day or so for case number 😀 

7 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Holy cowballs bazinga batman!!! :D:D:D

For once I went out to spend an afternoon socializing and got stuck on the phone with a dear friend after I came home.
So I just plopped back on my computer and saw 182!!!!! new emails!! 99% from VJ, hahaha! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL NOA2 TODAY!! @SolFreeman @AnnieBee @marc941
Arrghhhh so exciting, I'm so happy for all of you!!! :D:D :jest::jest:

Now I want ours too, hehe! But since our NOA1 is March 22nd it might take a week or two more to find out if it's approved or RFE! Until then I will party with you guys and girls!! :D

To catch up:

@Eric&Olya: I'm sorry to hear about your RFE. Try looking at the positive! They have touched your case! Maybe it's something super easy to fix! Fingers are crossed! 
@pajobra: Becca, I hope you made it good across the border! Have a fantastic time "at home" :)
@Estibaliz: My friend said the "delete fee" for the tickets can be so bad, that you could end up paying the same like for a one way. :( Other option would be - if there's no flights to SLC that you can take - book a cheaper one way from here to the states and then get a seperate domestic one. 
@KULtoATL: I wish I was at pack 4 for the visa. I wrote it a bit confusing: I'm almost done with my 4th box to ship over! Sorry. My bad! :)

And last but not least:
@Gary JT: Don't you dare to take that crown off, hahaha! That's your trademark and we love you for it! If you're in Game Of Thrones you'd now be:
Gary the first. King of the Whiners, NOA2-Haver, The Now Unwhined, Waiter for the Casenumber and very dear member of the March Whinie Family! :)

I'm wearing my crown 👑 like a true March whiner today lol 😂 Omg yes I love 😍 Game Of Thrones, Sansa Stark ♥ ♥ lol, this time next week hopefully they have received our case 🙏 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

Thanks, I hope so too. As we can see in other threads, there are people waiting for 5+ months without any single word from USCIS, so an RFE is definitely better than half a year of uncertainty. Still can't help being sad:(

Don't lose faith! That's exactly how i felt when we got our RFE a week ago but at least they started going through your case. The frustrating part is a week later, the RFE is still on it's way and hasn't arrived in the mail. Hopefully, it's an easy fix for you guys and just a small delay. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.