928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
4 hours ago, 0725 said:

Yes, I thought so too but my husband spoke with the other people who were going through the interview with him and the security guards too and they told him that for people with Somalia passport's, they don't put the visa on the passport, they put it on a document of some sort, so they'll be calling him to pick up the package with the documents plus the visa (which I assume will be a seperate document)

It makes sense because even though I went through the same process when I was younger, my mom said the same thing. They let her keep her passport and they gave her a seperate visa and package to take. (Back in 2002) 

Oh wow ok. My only experience is with Yemeni passports so I've never heard of this but insha'Allah khair that's good news. Insha'Allah it won't be that long now till his visa is issued.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:28 PM, Sal12345 said:

Today , the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti gave About 90 visas for ppl who interviewd in May And earlier June ,

most of these visas were given for guys ( spouses and sons of US citezin) 

My brother in law still waiting his last update was May 5 on CEAC, this administrative processing is taking so much longer than expected. His appt was may 2 he received a letter of approval and they took his passport but it's been over 2 months and still nothing yet 

Timeline

Yeah I personally know atleast 4 people who received their visa on July 12 and I am just hoping she gets her visa sometime this week. Some people who received it interviewed early june and she interview late may. But those were for spouses so maybe its more direct. But my dad did receive it soon so its like weird, can't really tell. Still in the loop inshallah some good news soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 7/6/2017 at 8:14 AM, Gw67 said:

My husband was issued his visa today since May 2. The date started changing around the week of the approval. May you all succeed. ان شاء الله 

Hey! My husband had his interview on Sunday and they updated his case on that day and then again today, were there many updates on the CEAC site when you were waiting for your husband's case or did they start doing updates when they were getting ready to issue his visa? Also, how long after the updates did they issue it to you? And about how many updates did they make? 

Timeline
20 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

My brother in law still waiting his last update was May 5 on CEAC, this administrative processing is taking so much longer than expected. His appt was may 2 he received a letter of approval and they took his passport but it's been over 2 months and still nothing yet 

Omg That is so bad 

it means he is waiting more 75days and no issues. 

inshallah khair and he will get his visa soon , cuz the living in Djibouti is so so expensive than we guess

Timeline
On 7/18/2017 at 1:14 PM, 0725 said:

Hey! My husband had his interview on Sunday and they updated his case on that day and then again today, were there many updates on the CEAC site when you were waiting for your husband's case or did they start doing updates when they were getting ready to issue his visa? Also, how long after the updates did they issue it to you? And about how many updates did they make? 

So for my parents, they had a lot of updates first few days. Then a week and half later my dad's case was updated and visa issued. My mom on the other hand was updated with no visa issued. From June 15 to July 23 they recently updated her case. So I am not really sure if there is a set date or time but everyone's case is different.

Timeline
11 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

So for my parents, they had a lot of updates first few days. Then a week and half later my dad's case was updated and visa issued. My mom on the other hand was updated with no visa issued. From June 15 to July 23 they recently updated her case. So I am not really sure if there is a set date or time but everyone's case is different.

When your dads status changed to visa issued, what did you do next? Did you contact the embassy immediately and he got the visa or how does that work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:41 PM, H93 said:

Anything new anyone?

Nothing new, today I got a letter back from the congressman office that my husbands petition is undergoing "additional review" it's gonna be a year in a October since I sent out the petition. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shamwow said:

Is it ok if my spouse has the medical exam 3 days before her interview? We're in Yemen now and we couldn't find any earlier flights. Her interview is aug 22.

THe medical has to be at the embassy before you interview day. If It's not there your spouse will not be able to go in the embassy. There's no way they'll let your spouse in. So many people have been returned because their medical wasn't the embassy by the interview date. Good luck!

Timeline
On 8/10/2017 at 10:32 AM, Shamwow said:

Is it ok if my spouse has the medical exam 3 days before her interview? We're in Yemen now and we couldn't find any earlier flights. Her interview is aug 22.

It doesn't matter when it's done, as long as you have that medical packet with you at the time of the interview. Your okay. Just get it done as soon as you arrive in Djibouti. Let us know how it goes. 

Edit: Make sure you will be accepted by the doctor. As in if you need an appointment, make it ahead of time with the doctor so there's no delay once you arrive.

Edited by H93

Timeline
3 hours ago, Dream2017 said:

What are the options to get to Djibouti from yemen.  I heard sea from adent is closed  and now they have go to sudan then from sudan to dijbouti. But they said they have to have visa. Is that true?

That's very true! U can get a visa from Sudan and it doesn't take long to get it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.