928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

All these cases of Administrative Processing are not all literally administrative processing. Me myself when I was dealing with the embassy in Sana'a, when it was at its prime running smoothly, we had our interview and the visa pick up date was 7 weeks after that interview date.

For whatever reason it always takes them a while to print the visas and sort them out. Hang in there guys, you're almost there.

Timeline
11 hours ago, H93 said:

From my personal experience, the whole "Administrative Processing" on the ceac site is a bunch of BS. They have to change the status right after the interview, and the only 3 options are "AP"(Administrative Processing) or "Visa Issued." (Or "Visa Denied" but that's not the case here) 

They change it to "Visa Issued," only when the visa is printed.

So I believe, and I could be wrong, your moms status will change soon when they print her visa. I don't think they would put your mom through more extensive checks and not your dad. Keep us posted.

Yeah for sure. As of today she is still under AP. Last update on both cases was June 15, 2017. One changed to Visa Issued and one remained Administrative processing. The only options they have is AP, Visa Issued, Ready, or Visa Denied. I would love to have them here for Eid if possible but inshallah they come up with something fast. I will let yall know the updates.

Timeline
11 hours ago, H93 said:

All these cases of Administrative Processing are not all literally administrative processing. Me myself when I was dealing with the embassy in Sana'a, when it was at its prime running smoothly, we had our interview and the visa pick up date was 7 weeks after that interview date.

For whatever reason it always takes them a while to print the visas and sort them out. Hang in there guys, you're almost there.

I dont know why but I always have a different experience. My cousin waited 6 weeks in Sana'a but as for when I was doing paperwork for someone else, they came back within 5 days to receive their passport.

Timeline
Just now, jahmiiiiiiiiiii said:

my senator and congressman offices told me thats what the procedures are for expedited case.

Lucky for yall who stay in liberal states with democrats...I doubt my representatives would do that for me. But i dont need them anyways!

Timeline
12 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

Yeah for sure. As of today she is still under AP. Last update on both cases was June 15, 2017. One changed to Visa Issued and one remained Administrative processing. The only options they have is AP, Visa Issued, Ready, or Visa Denied. I would love to have them here for Eid if possible but inshallah they come up with something fast. I will let yall know the updates.

Have you ever seen their status as "Ready?"

Timeline
On 6/20/2017 at 3:53 AM, H93 said:

Have you ever seen their status as "Ready?"

I have not. They are supposed to but my dad just picked up his passport today with the Visa stamped and they didn't call him or chnage the status to ready. His status was Issued for a week so he decided to go check up on it and they gave it to him. Now for my mom, they said she is still under Administrative Processing. That is soo weird, they interviewed together and their cases was supposed to be "linked". I guess the waiting game continues.

raw.gif.f0af09e564c9297b33a1e784c563d3db.gif

Timeline
12 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

I have not. They are supposed to but my dad just picked up his passport today with the Visa stamped and they didn't call him or chnage the status to ready. His status was Issued for a week so he decided to go check up on it and they gave it to him. Now for my mom, they said she is still under Administrative Processing. That is soo weird, they interviewed together and their cases was supposed to be "linked". I guess the waiting game continues.

raw.gif.f0af09e564c9297b33a1e784c563d3db.gif

That is very weird. Inshallah it won't be long now till they give your mom her visa. Keep us posted.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, H93 said:

I'm wondering aswell. I want to gauge how long it takes to get an interview.

My case was completed on April 25. I called last week and they said to call back the end of June to see if they scheduled appointments. So I'll call next week. Please let's keep each other updated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Shamwow said:

I just called today they said they're done scheduling for July. they also said they would start scheduling next week for August. hopefully that'll be our time

Did you call the embassy or the NVC? Also, have they notified the people who they scheduled interviews for July? Our case was updated 3 times this week on CEAC but we haven't received anything 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, 0725 said:

Did you call the embassy or the NVC? Also, have they notified the people who they scheduled interviews for July? Our case was updated 3 times this week on CEAC but we haven't received anything 

I called the nvc. not sure if they notified the people yet but u can give them a call and they will tell you if your case was sent to Djibouti for interview.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, 0725 said:

They did notify them. My sister got an appointment for July 31st. she was notified last week of may or the first week of June. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.