928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Update on my brother in law case.  interview may 2, 2017 Administrative Processing may 5 until august 17, picked up visa august 18 and arrived yesterday august 27 to America. If it wasn't for the congressman, his case would still be under administrative processing. Good luck to all of u.  

6 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

Update on my brother in law case.  interview may 2, 2017 Administrative Processing may 5 until august 17, picked up visa august 18 and arrived yesterday august 27 to America. If it wasn't for the congressman, his case would still be under administrative processing. Good luck to all of u.  

What did the congressman do? Doesn't seem like they helped since his car still stayed under administrative processing for more than 90 days. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 1:34 PM, Shamwow said:

From what I heard Noone takes the medical packet but a letter from the clinic saying u had the exam. The packet is sent by the clinic to the embassy. Also I didn't have a choice by coming late because we couldn't find any earlier flights out of yemen. The airlines are packed since the ships are not going. I booked my flight 3 weeks in advance.

Please let us know how it went. Was your medical ready by the interview date?

Edited by H93

Timeline
7 hours ago, H93 said:

Please let us know how it went. Was your medical ready by the interview date?

I arrived in djibouti Aug 21 and did the medical right away. The next we went for the interview but they didn't call our names. Now we're waiting for another interview to be scheduled. Medical has to be done 2 weeks prior to interview.

22 hours ago, H93 said:

Family member's June 21 case complete finally got an interview scheduled today for October 3.

Make sure to be in Djibouti at least 3 weeks before your interview. The sooner you complete your medical exam, the better. And if it's possible for you to have the petitioner present at the interview, it will made the interview easier. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Shamwow said:

I arrived in djibouti Aug 21 and did the medical right away. The next we went for the interview but they didn't call our names. Now we're waiting for another interview to be scheduled. Medical has to be done 2 weeks prior to interview.

Is the reason they didn't call your name because you did the medical so soon to your interview? 

Timeline
On 8/28/2017 at 7:24 AM, ruby12345 said:

It was from Allah but the congressman was only reason 

Alhamdulellah .

anyway what about your husband ,

is still on USCIS , did you get interview appointment or anything 

On 9/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, Sal12345 said:

It was from Allah but the congressman was only reason 

Alhamdulellah .

anyway what about your husband ,

is still on USCIS , did you get interview appointment or anything 

Of course it was from Allah and all the prayers but alhamdiliah so far my husband case is still pending additional review with uscis it's gonna be a year next year and I haven't got any word back 

Timeline
18 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

Of course it was from Allah and all the prayers but alhamdiliah so far my husband case is still pending additional review with uscis it's gonna be a year next year and I haven't got any word back 

Khair inshallah 

theses days there are some extreming and vetting in USCIS processing and specially in the cases from Yemen that takes so long 

just be patient

Everything will be good 

I wish you to get a new news and update in your case 

Timeline
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 11:20 PM, H93 said:

Is the reason they didn't call your name because you did the medical so soon to your interview? 

Medical has to be done at least 2 weeks before interview. If you don't do it, they won't call your name during your interview day. It's been 2 weeks since my interview day and they still haven't given me a notice about another interview. Is anyone in the same predicament?

On 9/7/2017 at 8:17 PM, Shamwow said:

Medical has to be done at least 2 weeks before interview. If you don't do it, they won't call your name during your interview day. It's been 2 weeks since my interview day and they still haven't given me a notice about another interview. Is anyone in the same predicament?

yes, My brother had his interview scheduled mid-August, but he was missing few documents, and now its been close 3 weeks since then, and nothing. he sent them few emails and they responded two days ago, telling him to put all his documents in one envelop and drop it at the embassy mailbox. We don't feel comfortable doing that, so we emailed them back for more clarification, and still waiting. Anyone else told to put their documents and drop them to embassy mailbox? please share.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.