3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, antoineD said:

just received my AP acceptance letter after my application was received on Sep 15. I know I should have applied together with all the other forms, but I'm glad I finally got it.

No word yet on AOS itself.

I was thinking about sending in AP app  since  I didn't do it with the original applications. How exactly did you go about doing it? did you just write a letter explaining this is part of a previous submitted AOS application?  

19 minutes ago, raulgon2493 said:

I was thinking about sending in AP app  since  I didn't do it with the original applications. How exactly did you go about doing it? did you just write a letter explaining this is part of a previous submitted AOS application?  

Send a copy of your NOA1 of your AOS with it. I also did it afterwards. 

On 12/1/2017 at 6:28 AM, Goodluckeveryone said:

22nd this month

Do youhave the Sacramento office as well?  Good luck that day. You're going to be fine!

Timeline
1 minute ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Send a copy of your NOA1 of your AOS with it. I also did it afterwards. 

Thank you. I am hesitant to travel, I used AP before while on DACA but I have no need for immediate travel. It would be good to have the option while i wait for AOS since I do have elderly grandparents in MX and it would allow me to travel for an emergency. thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, raulgon2493 said:

I’d like to know too as I didn’t apply for EAD or AP with my AOS.  I need a valid form of US identification for my Texas driver’s license and they won’t accept my K1 visa (obviously expired) or my I-797-C.

If I can add these applications at no cost at this point it might be worth doing.   Been in “ready to schedule” an interview since May 23rd!

Timeline
1 minute ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Do youhave the Sacramento office as well?  Good luck that day. You're going to be fine!

Orlando office. good luck to you as well! thank. 

HAS ANYONE HERE HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELING WITH AP WHILE WAITING ON AOS? AND HOW DID IT GO?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, raulgon2493 said:

HAS ANYONE HERE HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELING WITH AP WHILE WAITING ON AOS? AND HOW DID IT GO?

I traveled twice already and had no problem. Just in case bring your marriage certificate and NOAs with you but they never asked for mine.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ariii said:

I traveled twice already and had no problem. Just in case bring your marriage certificate and NOAs with you but they never asked for mine.

Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

Yes. Thank you :-)

Wear shoes you can easily take off and it on again. You'll have to go through a "airport" security. You know the gate and taking your shoes off, etc.  My husband did and I didn't.  Couldn't get my shoelaces to come undone.. 😂 you'll have to go up to the second floor than follow the sing saying room 2-220 interview waiting room. On your right you'll find the waiting room. Give your appointment letter to the person (or slide it under the glass of no one is there). 

40 minutes ago, raulgon2493 said:

I did, no problem at all. we entered through San Francisco airport, we did get secondary security check,  just make sure you have your AP or combo card, I also had my marriage certificate with me. The officer asked me, if this is my first time traveling with AP, where did I go, what for. all within 10 mins including the waiting time. 

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Wear shoes you can easily take off and it on again. You'll have to go through a "airport" security. You know the gate and taking your shoes off, etc.  My husband did and I didn't.  Couldn't get my shoelaces to come undone.. 😂 you'll have to go up to the second floor than follow the sing saying room 2-220 interview waiting room. On your right you'll find the waiting room. Give your appointment letter to the person (or slide it under the glass of no one is there). 

Lol.. At what time did you go and how much did you have to wait? I just want to go super early and be done with it.

3 minutes ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

Lol.. At what time did you go and how much did you have to wait? I just want to go super early and be done with it.

you can't show up more than 30 mins early for your appointment. Mine was at 1:20 pm and we where the only case he had that day. We were a bit early and where helped I think on the dot or close to it. The interview itself didn't take long at all. Like 20mins tops. Just make sure you have everything on the list with you. They might not ask for everything but I think they like it when you come prepared. 

5 hours ago, raulgon2493 said:

i just included copies of my NOA1 for AOS and EAD and didn't send them payment.

they automatically understood that this is with my AOS app and that i don't need to pay.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

why is it taking so long? :( 

i have a question, can i start building my credit? do i have to wait until my green card? 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.