Charming12

Frustrated and helpless

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Opps. I filed a infopass and got an email from USCIS that I shud hear back from them in 4 weeks. thats long wait:(

Probably was a service request as an infopass appt is for in person. That is just the standard response as when I did it they got back to me in about 1 week. 

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

I wish too and in Europe once you are resident, you are automatically granted work permit but here everything sucks when it comes to immigration process.

I just applied to several jobs and since I have a experience and double master degree in engineering field, I got a interview and then job offer but when they realized that my green card is in process, they chose not to hire me.They didnt want to wait for me.

Same is true here. You do not have to apply for EAD/AP if you can wait to become a legal permanent resident which is the greencard before you start working. It just may take longer than some other places. Where I see the fastest GC approvals take place are in areas with very low immigrant populations, or so it seems to me as the local service centers do not have a lot of applicants. Living in NY where there is a large number of applicants, I expected the delay. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Chardon Ne' said:

Probably was a service request as an infopass appt is for in person. That is just the standard response as when I did it they got back to me in about 1 week. 

Oh sorry for considering service request as an infopass appt. Had no idea about that. Thank you for rectificaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charming12 said:

I wish too and in Europe once you are resident, you are automatically granted work permit but here everything sucks when it comes to immigration process.

I just applied to several jobs and since I have a experience and double master degree in engineering field, I got a interview and then job offer but when they realized that my green card is in process, they chose not to hire me.They didnt want to wait for me.

It's not that simple and no everything here does not suck. I'm not sure how it works in Norway but in France, which is part of Europe last time I looked, if you are a non-EU citizen you are not automatically granted a work permit after you establish residency. You have to have a long stay visa. First you prove your bonafide marriage by notifying the authorties of your marriage with supporting documents and request an entry into the Livret de Famille, once that is granted you can then apply to the French government for a long stay visa on the grounds of being married to a French national, once that is granted and after you arrive in France you then have to go to the local Mairie/Prefecture and register for your Carte de Sejour which is good for 1 year. At that point you can begin to search for work. Then after 1 year you can apply for a 10 year Carte de Sejour after 5 years married you can apply for French citizenship. It's immigration and no matter where you go countries have laws and processes that need to be followed. French bureaucracy is notoriously slow and complicated.

Use your time wisely, take a class, volunteer, join a conversation circle to practice your spoken English, research your family history at he local library, etc. There are plenty of constructive things you can do while you wait besides complain about how it sucks here. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Chardon Ne' said:

I did one at day 75, as that is the earliest they suggest that u submit one and one at day 91. Got my aproval the same day.

Hi Chardon Ne`!

So you submitted two service requests for the EAD? They didn't have a problem doing that? I submitted my first on day 76, haven't heard back yet and am wondering what else I can do.

Timeline
1 minute ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

Hi Chardon Ne`!

So you submitted two service requests for the EAD? They didn't have a problem doing that? I submitted my first on day 76, haven't heard back yet and am wondering what else I can do.

Yes as you can submit a request at after 75 days. They gave me a generic response basically saying that I should hear something soon, and when day 91 came I submitted it again and they approved my application the same day. You can submit as many as is necessary until you get the answer you need. Not only for me a lot of VJers did and they got their approvals the next day in some cases. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Yeah, its very frustrated process and one cant do anything here if you dont have a proper paperwork.

Why cant this law maker make it easier for  new immigrate to work and live here. Sometimes, I regret to come here but I love my wife and left my country for her. This whole process sucks! Atleast they shud allow us to get a DL but unfortunately its not the case

Sometimes we have to be accountable for the visa choices we make and accept the consequences

of our choices without complaining.

Your choice of a K1 versus a CR1 sucked, not the immigration process of a short 3 months wait for the EAD.

Please don't project blame on the process for your own choices.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are you seriously saying that you think the process here works well? Has anyone taken a look lately at the immigration issue in this country? 

Regardless of visa choice, the american immigration process is broken and needs to reformulated.

I know some Americans take it personally when you criticize the country, but some things here do not work well and that's it. If people do not complain, it stays like this forever. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Yeah, its very frustrated process and one cant do anything here if you dont have a proper paperwork.

Why cant this law maker make it easier for  new immigrate to work and live here. Sometimes, I regret to come here but I love my wife and left my country for her. This whole process sucks! Atleast they shud allow us to get a DL but unfortunately its not the case

I agree with you. Can't say I regret coming here because being with my wife every day is priceless, but I did tried to convince her to go live in Brazil with me. Unfortunately since americans have the unhealthy habit of getting a lot of loans in an early age, we need to stay for now...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Sometimes we have to be accountable for the visa choices we make and accept the consequences

of our choices without complaining.

Your choice of a K1 versus a CR1 sucked, not the immigration process of a short 3 months wait for the EAD.

Please don't project blame on the process for your own choices.

Yeah I am accountable for that choice and i am dealing with it so I dont need your suggestion and advice on that.

For your kind information I wasnt blaming  , I was just expressing my concern. Anyway thank you

I agree with others regarding it is the choice of the immigrant on which visa to choose and it is thier responsibilty to learn the pros and cons.

I've mentioned it before but it seems that the majority of new immigrants choose speed of having loved one here above everything else (work, travel, drivers license). Which is OK but you have to realize there will be some sacrifice involved. Someone mentioned that the spousal visa has more cons than the fiance visa. In my opinion it is the opposite.

As the petitioner of a fiance, I can honestly say that the spousal visa was the better option for us. And I have advised others who have asked me to do the CR1. My wife hated...HATED sitting in the house and not being able to work and contribute to the household for the few months following her arrival. She had always held a job since she was 16 and she felt out of her element. Plus being in a new country where many things were different didn't help.

I agree that it is unfair to put all of the blame on the process when other choices were available. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

16 minutes ago, AP16 said:

Are you seriously saying that you think the process here works well? Has anyone taken a look lately at the immigration issue in this country? 

Regardless of visa choice, the american immigration process is broken and needs to reformulated.

I know some Americans take it personally when you criticize the country, but some things here do not work well and that's it. If people do not complain, it stays like this forever. 

Unfortunately, any immigration reform will likely result in the reduction of visas. Basically, instead of expanding and providing USCIS with more resources to help the process move faster they will just remove some visa categories such as siblings, parents, and/or diversity lottery or maybe others.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I agree with others regarding it is the choice of the immigrant on which visa to choose and it is thier responsibilty to learn the pros and cons.

I've mentioned it before but it seems that the majority of new immigrants choose speed of having loved one here above everything else (work, travel, drivers license). Which is OK but you have to realize there will be some sacrifice involved. Someone mentioned that the spousal visa has more cons than the fiance visa. In my opinion it is the opposite.

As the petitioner of a fiance, I can honestly say that the spousal visa was the better option for us. And I have advised others who have asked me to do the CR1. My wife hated...HATED sitting in the house and not being able to work and contribute to the household for the few months following her arrival. She had always held a job since she was 16 and she felt out of her element. Plus being in a new country where many things were different didn't help.

I agree that it is unfair to put all of the blame on the process when other choices were available. 

Regardless of your visa choice, you're stuck with a service where they can simply lose your documents, takes forever, immigration officers have more authority than judges and in the end it all comes down to one person's personal decision. Regardless of visa choice, immigration here is too expensive, slow, subjective and confusing. The immigration issues that elected Trump are no accident.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

Unfortunately, any immigration reform will likely result in the reduction of visas. Basically, instead of expanding and providing USCIS with more resources to help the process move faster they will just remove some visa categories such as siblings, parents, and/or diversity lottery or maybe others.

I know that, but this is because the american people does not know how the immigration system works, and most just think that if you do it legally you'll be welcomed and awarded with a green card right away. Most people I talked about Immigration here were shocked to learn what they put legal immigrants through. If only the people knew and stopped putting all the blame in immigrants and other countries, realizing that the american immigration is outdated, broken and needs to be fixed, adressing this issue would give votes and thus politicians would start caring. Since a lot of people think that immigrants are just dishonest and desperate to live here, reduce visas is the only thing that politicians will try to do.

I just disagree with this "love it or leave it" talk. If I see something that doesn't work, I will complain. Anywhere in the world. United States is a democratic country, and that's how democracy works. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 hours ago, AP16 said:

No I am not saying that at all.
The immigration process compared to any other country works but yes, there could be much improvement made.

Absolutely. I was an immigrant decades ago and it took my now husband and I 5 years to make this recent visa journey

so I definitely am not saying it is perfect. 16 months in AP and one returned K1 was hell on earth.
What I am specifically saying is that I don't understand people who chose the fastest visa and disregard the time
it takes to get the EAD. Our AOS has been pending for almost  2 years. I had to renew the EAD. Super hassles.
In perspective the normal 3 months waiting for the EAD/AP is nothing and it was known before filing the petition
for a K1. I can understand some stress involved with it but the extreme expression of people that they almost don't want to

be here and that "everything sucks" due to a 3 months wait so they can work is beyond me.
That and that alone am I referring to.
For people reading and not having filed yet I am saying if you want to work immediately then file a CR1 so you can.
We see a lot of those 'what visa is best' threads and they should be well informed ahead of time before making that choice.

Same with the ROC phase, many don't read ahead and are in panic because they did not do the research to know

what needs to be collected 2 years ahead of time.

Stay one step ahead of the process is my advice.
Meanwhile that elusive EAD will eventually come, people will work and forget they ever were upset waiting and surely
will not contact the powers that be to have laws in place to make it faster. They just move on just like the last batch

and the laws won't change and remain the same. Venting won't change the laws, contacting your representatives may,

3 months is not bad really.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.