Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

Well hello to the November filer thread - Part 2.

It's been a while since I posted glad to see Geo, Art, Vogann, and others are more than holding the fort down.

Just loving it here in the Philippines.

Well today is Day 107 since NOA 1.

3 day weekend which means no processing on Mond:dead:y

Noon here so I ran the USCIS app.

I show only 8 cases left out of over 350

from 10/31 receipt date.

:P Petition Approved :P

15 weeks and 2 days for our NOA 2

Congrats to all the recent approvals and NVC activity.

We already have an appointment for CFO next week which is specific to Philippines.

Hang on for others still waiting doubtful you will have to wait 107 days.

Jim

Congratulations!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
27 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

It's been a while since I posted glad to see Geo, Art, Vogann, and others are more than holding the fort down.

from 10/31 receipt date.

We already have an appointment for CFO next week which is specific to Philippines.

Jim

Congrats ???? 

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, geowrian said:

***FINALLY*** Congrats!!!! I hope you're loving your time there too and can relax a bit finally.

29 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

from 10/31 receipt date.

Jim

Congrats Jim!!!Finally you got it

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

from 10/31 receipt date.

Jim

Wow! Yey. Congrats ?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

from 10/31 receipt date.

Jim

It's about time!!! :jest::jest::jest:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you and you're fiance!! Yipee!!

Quick question, I thought they do not accept people for CFO if you do not have your visa yet? Just read it somewhere. Anyway, where will she have it? I think there are only 2 places in the Phil who does it. Thank you. 

Again, Congratulations!! Worth the wait! :)

1 minute ago, Kiki-G said:

Quick question, I thought they do not accept people for CFO if you do not have your visa yet? Just read it somewhere.

You can do the CFO class, but they won't stamp your passport until you have the visa. Once you get the visa, you can just have them stamp it without doing the course again.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Fixed~ Cases updated & approved were swapped.

Thanks for this geowrian! Maybe im not reading the chart right, but why does it show 59 cases touched and your count says 94? Are the other cases from earlier weeks and dont show in the spread sheet? 

Congratulations @JimJesDuma!!! Well deserved! Sorry you had to wait so long, but I second the others in saying that we are all so happy for you and Jess! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 0:04 PM, Quiinng said:

Almost 100days waiting! ???

Have you tried contacting USCIS since your estimated dates have passed?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

You can do the CFO class, but they won't stamp your passport until you have the visa. Once you get the visa, you can just have them stamp it without doing the course again.

Oh I see. That's good to know then. Thanks Geo. :)

Just now, Miina said:

Thanks for this geowrian! Maybe im not reading the chart right, but why does it show 59 cases touched and your count says 94? Are the other cases from earlier weeks and dont show in the spread sheet?

It's bit complicated, sorry. The chart is for completely unworked cases only. Cases that had an RFE or other status already are not included in that chart, but are included in the grand totals. I exclude RFEs form the table since it would, IMHO, throw off numbers since they can cause more "noise" in the data due to mailing times, time to respond, how long it takes to finish processing once the RFE is received, etc. The goal of the table is to give a rough idea of how long it takes before a "new" case is worked on.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, visamountain said:

I am a December filer. I check the processing times monthly and as of today every service center is listed as July 28, 2016 as of December 31, 2016? Can anyone explain this to me? It's discouraging to see it go from August 2016 to this on the USCIS site and simultaneously encouraging to hear so many late November cases are being approved, and talk of December being as soon as next week. 

Not sure anyone answered this yet but the USCIS date is not accurate.  They may have unfinished files going back that far but they are currently working on new November files.  Just follow this threat to see the progress.  Geowrian posts an update every business working day (no holiday postings) around 8:30pm PST.  That's the information you're looking for.  Forget the Visa Journey estimates and the USCIS date; just follow this thread.

23/11/16:  I-129F mailed

28/11/16:  NOA1 Email received

7 minutes ago, PrisEri said:

Have you tried contacting USCIS since your estimated dates have passed?

The timeframe for USCIS purposes is 5 months. The VJ estimates don't have any weight with USCIS.  That said, it doesn't hurt to call and ask if you are really concerned.

Edit:

Just now, amye said:

Not sure anyone answered this yet but the USCIS date is not accurate.  They may have unfinished files going back that far but they are currently working on new November files.  Just follow this threat to see the progress.  Geowrian posts an update every business working day (no holiday postings) around 8:30pm PST.  That's the information you're looking for.  Forget the Visa Journey estimates and the USCIS date; just follow this thread.

This is true, but they also updated it today. Unfortunately, they (likely incorrectly) set every single form's processing date to July 28th, 2016...

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's bit complicated, sorry. The chart is for completely unworked cases only. Cases that had an RFE or other status already are not included in that chart, but are included in the grand totals. I exclude RFEs form the table since it would, IMHO, throw off numbers since they can cause more "noise" in the data due to mailing times, time to respond, how long it takes to finish processing once the RFE is received, etc. The goal of the table is to give a rough idea of how long it takes before a "new" case is worked on.

Ah ok! Agree with the data "noise", since RFE cases are touched more than once.

BTW your chart tickles my big data loving brain :) Thanks for doing this!

Timeline

Geo, thanks for doing the daily update. You could create a website and it can probably be better than VJ. Lol. ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, JimJesDuma said:

from 10/31 receipt date.

Jim

Congrats Jim!!

We just foud out that we got approved last night via the app tracker :)

14.11.2016 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville, TX

15.11.2016 Case was received

18.11.2016 NOA1 - Notice date on hard copy

21.11.2016 NOA1 received via sms and email

25.11.2016 NOA1 hard copy received

17.02.2017 NOA2 - Approval date via App Tracker (91days from NOA1)

xx.02.2017 NOA2 via sms/email

xx.02.2017 NOA2 hard copy received

xx.02.2017 NVC received I-129F packet

xx.xx.2017 Case number assigned

xx.xx.2017 Case sent to US embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

xx.xx.2017 Case received by US embassy in Bangkok, Thailand (status 'Case Ready')

xx.xx.2017 Received NVC letter (to send Packet 3)

xx.xx.2017 Packet 3 sent

xx.xx.2017 Received Packet 4

xx.xx.2017 Medical exam

xx.xx.2017 Interviewed

xx.xx.2017 Visa issued

xx.xx.2017 Visa in hand

xx.xx.2017 POE: DFW

WHjPm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.