1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Can ANYONE shine some on light on my next steps or how much longer I will have to wait to get a response to my rebuttal?  I see on here that people are tracking other cases and time frames some how.  How and where is that done?  I'd like to see a case like mine (Ghana) to compare time frames.   And with my visa application expiring soon, is there something I should be doing in the mean time?

10/19/16 -USCIS sent NOIR

11/28/16 - Evidence was received by USCIS

1/11/17 - I sent a inquiry about why my case is taking longer that our processing time. 

1/11/17 - USCIS sent a GENERIC reply saying I should give them 60 days to review

My Case Status: 

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On November 28, 2016, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINxxxxx. Our Nebraska Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

CEAC Status:

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number:  ACCXXXXXXX  
Case Creation Date: 20-Jan-2015
Status Updated Date: 28-Oct-2016

Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Married: 3-19-14

Case Complete: 7-7-15
Interview Notice: 9-15-15
Interview: 10-8-15 (Was denied... :ranting::crying: )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.