16 posts in this topic

Just watched that this morning. This will likely go down as one of the "classic" skits from this period. Very good. Except for Kristen Stewart, I can never get over how wooden she is. I know at this point it is probably intentional but still.

I also liked the cold open with Trump calling various leaders. "Whoever says what is going to pay for the wall" .... "Che?"

I also liked the bit about "It was your words when he said the words after you said them when you repeated what he said that you said. Your words!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

Testing

I'm disappointed. I was hoping to open this thread to find that it's like quite a few of your other threads; one where you start the thread and then are the only one to reply. What's your record post count in a thread with you being the only reapondent?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was disappointed that nothing was included in this skit about Dipping Dots. Apparently Spicer used to rant about DD on Twitter alot

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

I wanted some mentioning of his love of cosplaying (apparently???), but nevertheless it was hilarious. She did a fantastic job!

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

54 minutes ago, Merle said:

I'm disappointed. I was hoping to open this thread to find that it's like quite a few of your other threads; one where you start the thread and then are the only one to reply. What's your record post count in a thread with you being the only reapondent?

Did he hit a nerve? Seems so.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bcking said:

Did he hit a nerve? Seems so.

I actually didn't even watch the video he posted. I honestly couldn't care less if people want to make fun of Trump. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Merle said:

I actually didn't even watch the video he posted. I honestly couldn't care less if people want to make fun of Trump. 

Congrats.  Trump could probably learn from you.

6 minutes ago, Merle said:

I guess Jacque should just feel flattered then.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Congrats.  Trump could probably learn from you.

I am more concerned with Trump's actions that will affect this country (economy, security, etc.) than I am about the petty tabloid kind that most of the media and the left is focusing on. As far as watching him speak, I find it as hard to watch as Obama's "ahhhhh" filled, nose in the air, arrogant and condescending tone, talking alot while actually saying very little speeches he normally gave.

23 minutes ago, Merle said:

I am more concerned with Trump's actions that will affect this country (economy, security, etc.) than I am about the petty tabloid kind that most of the media and the left is focusing on. As far as watching him speak, I find it as hard to watch as Obama's "ahhhhh" filled, nose in the air, arrogant and condescending tone, talking alot while actually saying very little speeches he normally gave.

"Petty tabloid kind that most of the media and the left is focusing on"

Oh you mean like the immigration ban? That is getting a lot of attention and seems to be important (whether you agree with it or not it's at least important). Or was that just a "petty tabloid" order?

I also think it is quite relevent to call a President out on things like questioning a judge's role in our government when they disagree with you. While it may seem petty to some, I think it is a serious thing when a President tries to use language to undermine a federal judge with a lifetime appointment. It was bad when he was doing it to a judge in a legal case against him as a private citizen, it's worse now that he is President. Questioning our system of government as a President definitely affects the country.

Just two examples of things that aren't really all that 'petty'.

Edited by bcking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Merle said:

I'am disappointed that you aren't more outraged than this.