5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, janet3 said:

Okay...going to show my age a bit....

I signed everything I have submitted in blue....the idea is....blue ink wasn't available on printers or copiers  (I know....long time ago :P) A long time ago, to prove it was an original, everyone signed everything in blue. They won't care. 

Every thing is good. 

Wishing you the best.

Thank you. I always worry about something! Haha 

4 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

As Janet mentioned, blue ink is the "standard" signature ink color. My boss is a former attorney and she always signs everything in blue. You're fine :)

That's good. I'm glad. I just feel like I don't want to fall at any hurdles now. And I always worry about everything and it's annoying haha. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I don't think they're going to look too closely at the color of the ink in London.  From what my fiance said at the first window they just ask for and skim the documents to make sure everything is there that's needed to pass along.  I'm sure they're not going to make a fuss over the ink color of the signature on one page.

Thank you. 🤞🏼🤞🏼😊😊👌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/3/2017 at 4:28 AM, Estibaliz said:

Exactly, you need the WAC number, which is the number provided by USCIS (the MNL, LND, MDD, etc number is provided by NVC) after you filed the petition application (not the MNL... number that you get after your application was approved).

Actually, it couldn't be clearer to me: APPLICATION RECEIPT.

Anyway, I've seen people using any of those numbers, and no one reported an issue with the form at the Embassy :)

I think you are correct. I just finished filing my DS-160 and I had to give the USCIS Receipt number because the form specifically said "USCIS" and not NVC case number...

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
On 9/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, janet3 said:

Yes. I understand. But there was a February filer here that got in big trouble when he filed the DS 160 before being "ready" at NVC 

He had to reschedule the flights and interview and medical....

Whoops. I ended up filing my DS-160 before my status went to ready, although I haven't scheduled my interview and medical yet. Planning to do that when it hits ready. Haha Do you think I'll be fine?

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Camie said:

Whoops. I ended up filing my DS-160 before my status went to ready, although I haven't scheduled my interview and medical yet. Planning to do that when it hits ready. Haha Do you think I'll be fine?

I submitted mine before it said "ready" as well.  I received my NVC number in an email and it told me to fill out my DS160 at that time and my status only went to ready a week later.  Everything worked out fine!!

Timeline

Is it true that some ds160 questions are different? For instance some people get asked some questions that others dont. For instance educational questions? I never got asked anything about education. Just my current job and role and how long I have been working there. There seems to be no threads on this. Just that some people didn't get asked certain questions. I've obviously submitted and booked interview and then just saw this today. Nothing seems to be simple.🙈

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Is it true that some ds160 questions are different? For instance some people get asked some questions that others dont. For instance educational questions? I never got asked anything about education. Just my current job and role and how long I have been working there. There seems to be no threads on this. Just that some people didn't get asked certain questions. I've obviously submitted and booked interview and then just saw this today. Nothing seems to be simple.🙈

I don't know if it's a glitch that has to do with the browser you are using, or maybe it has to do with being currently unemployed, as it's my case, but I did get to fill in the sections about past jobs and education.

🙊

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I don't know if it's a glitch that has to do with the browser you are using, or maybe it has to do with being currently unemployed, as it's my case, but I did get to fill in the sections about past jobs and education.

🙊

From this website: https://www.***removed***/visas/ds-160-form/present-work-education-training-information.html I seemed to have done everything right. I think from what I've read since posting my first message, it depends on your circumstances to what questions you get asked. I put in my job and my role and my salary each month. Then it never asked for my previous jobs. I've been working there since i was 17 anyway. 😊 there was never a place to put my qualifications. I guess I can only fill in what is asked. 😕🤞🏼🙏 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

The only way I could get to the education page was to go forward to the next page (after current job) and then go to "previous page", which brought me to the page about my education and previous employment.  I agree it must be a glitch.  It also wouldn't save that info for me, so I had to refill it out right before I was ready to submit.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

The only way I could get to the education page was to go forward to the next page (after current job) and then go to "previous page", which brought me to the page about my education and previous employment.  I agree it must be a glitch.  It also wouldn't save that info for me, so I had to refill it out right before I was ready to submit.  

Do.you think this will he a huge problem? I've already submitted ages ago and booked my interview? 😫😫😫 Its for London.  I don't know if anyone else experienced this too. Not filling in that section. It just never appeared for me.

Edited by ChristaandJosh

Timeline
25 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Do.you think this will he a huge problem? I've already submitted ages ago and booked my interview? 😫😫😫 Its for London.  I don't know if anyone else experienced this too. Not filling in that section. It just never appeared for me.

I believe there are several others who were not able to access the page, so I think you are good!!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I believe there are several others who were not able to access the page, so I think you are good!!

I hope so. I reviewed it as well as you do before submitting and there was never any pages on qualifications. Or red marks to complete. I just don't want to get there and have more waiting on this over something so little. Thanks for your help. 😊

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

We got married yesterday. Here's a photo as promised. :) 

Hoping for a speedy process for those still waiting.

wedding photo.jpg

Amazing picture!  Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

We got married yesterday. Here's a couple of photos as promised. :) 

Hoping for a speedy process for those still waiting.

Congratulations! You made it :)

Edited by Estibaliz

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.