5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rashidababe said:

My NOA1 date is the same as yours, and we received our NOA2 in the mail this past Friday. Stay positive, I'm sure it's on it's way!

Yay!! I didn't think it would be happening this quickly.. I'll be watching the mail this week for sure. Have been but will watch it more closely. The case tracker app is obviously worthless at this point 

Timeline
9 hours ago, camiej said:

We've got the same received date! Still no approval. The person above me has gotten theirs approved so I'm hopeful we'll get ours soon!!! 

I received my NOA1 in snail mail around March 11. It took that long because my fiance is a US citizen living here in Manila. Hopefully the NOA2 has been approved and just taking forever to get to us in the mail, apparently no emails are being sent out, unlike with the NOA1. Quite annoying. Haha

It's getting real that's for sure!! Let's keep an eye on the mail. I received in the mail on feb 26 I believe... but my receive date was 21 while notice date was 24. It is all based of received date right? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, fila said:

My received date on Feb 21 and Noa1 on  Feb 24. but got approved on May 23.

I-129F Sent :

18 Feb 2017

I-129F Received Date :

21 Feb 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

24 Feb 2017

23 May 2017  < 88 days >

I-129F NVC Received: ...

Consulate Received:

Interview Date:

Interview Result:

US Entry:

Marriage:

Wow it's so strange... that was like 2 weeks ago... perhaps I should call NVC to see if it already arrived. I've received nothing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Suggestion! For those who have received their NOA2. It takes about 3 weeks for NVC to receive your Petition. Then 5-7 days to process.

If you haven't already done so, visit your Embassy website and look for your country's Packet 3 or4 information. Will give you step by step instructions on what you need to do to prepare for the interview.

Example: Here is the Packet 3/4 for Columbia!

https://co.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/103/2017/03/IVPkt3-4InstforinterviewmedicalexamMarch2017.pdf?_ga=2.184166817.680756369.1496604908-1902116086.1493176851

Just now, ChristaandJosh said:

Quick question.

Our RFE suggests we could send passport stamps. Did people photocopy every single page in their passport or just the stamps page and the photo page? 

I sent just the stamps, but who knows if that's what they want.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I sent just the stamps, but who knows if that's what they want.

I thought so. I have those photocopied. They stamped my passport the first two times I went there, but not the most recent time in January. 🤔 I'm resending the plane tickets which I have through email version from the holiday shop I got them from. They want to also know evidence of us actually meeting. I have photographs and I did send cinema tickets which I'm hoping they still have. I don't have receipts though. I've got chat logs I can send. What other things is possible? I sent these all before and now they want them again. 🤔😑

1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

I thought so. I have those photocopied. They stamped my passport the first two times I went there, but not the most recent time in January. 🤔 I'm resending the plane tickets which I have through email version from the holiday shop I got them from. They want to also know evidence of us actually meeting. I have photographs and I did send cinema tickets which I'm hoping they still have. I don't have receipts though. I've got chat logs I can send. What other things is possible? I sent these all before and now they want them again. 🤔😑

My fiancee and I lived together for 6 months, so we sent things like grocery store receipts where we split the bill on the food which had both of our card numbers on it. I sent things like us standing with my mom and grandmother and pictures of her, my kids and I playing games together. We also sent letters sent from my family that was addressed to both of us.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

My fiancee and I lived together for 6 months, so we sent things like grocery store receipts where we split the bill on the food which had both of our card numbers on it. I sent things like us standing with my mom and grandmother and pictures of her, my kids and I playing games together. We also sent letters sent from my family that was addressed to both of us.

Yeah I've got photographs of us with his sister and her husband and their cousin. The letter of RFE says letters and emails, greering cards, discs, don't show proof of evidence. I guess everyone's case is gonna be different. I have tons of photos, wedding venue info, passport stamps, and they say we can write a statement to say we have met in person too. I think they must have lost our original things. It's very frustrating. 

Thank You for your help ☺

Edited by ChristaandJosh

15 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Yeah I've got photographs of us with his sister and her husband and their cousin. The letter of RFE says letters and emails, greering cards, discs, don't show proof of evidence. I guess everyone's case is gonna be different. I have tons of photos, wedding venue info, passport stamps, and they say we can write aka statement to say we have met in person too. I think they must have lost our original things. It's very frustrating. 

Thank You for your help ☺

It all sounds like a bunch of ####### to me. Why does it not show proof of a relationship? Isn't that what people do in a relationship? What I sent was a statement of how we met, her statement of how we met, both of our statements that we are going to marry, photos of us together, photos of us and my kids together, photos of her and my family together, copies of the plane tickets and boarding passes, her ETSA stuff, her passport stamps, chat logs, e-mails, greeting cards, gifts, receipts where we bought groceries together, Facebook pages with us together, family and friends sending their best wishes on facebook, love letters to each other, us talking about birth control in chat, etc. I am not sure what else would prove a relationship. If they send an RFE to me, then they are dumb as dirt.

Some of the RFEs people have described on here are mind boggling.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

It all sounds like a bunch of ####### to me. Why does it not show proof of a relationship? Isn't that what people do in a relationship? What I sent was a statement of how we met, her statement of how we met, both of our statements that we are going to marry, photos of us together, photos of us and my kids together, photos of her and my family together, copies of the plane tickets and boarding passes, her ETSA stuff, her passport stamps, chat logs, e-mails, greeting cards, gifts, receipts where we bought groceries together, Facebook pages with us together, family and friends sending their best wishes on facebook, love letters to each other, us talking about birth control in chat, etc. I am not sure what else would prove a relationship. If they send an RFE to me, then they are dumb as dirt.

Some of the RFEs people have described on here are mind 

10 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Some of the RFEs people have described on here are mind boggling.

I know. It's so frustrating. I'm going to send tons of stuff. It's more frustrating how they are asking for the things we already sent them. We spent ages on this when we were together in Jan, thinking it'll be easier to sit together and work on it rather than so it when I was back in England. Now they're asking for the same info plus a few extra bits. And I'm going to have to resend these things firstly to my fiance then he can them forward the stuff to them. Adding weeks on to our wait. 😫 

9 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

I know. It's so frustrating. I'm going to send tons of stuff. It's more frustrating how they are asking for the things we already sent them. We spent ages on this when we were together in Jan, thinking it'll be easier to sit together and work on it rather than so it when I was back in England. Now they're asking for the same info plus a few extra bits. And I'm going to have to resend these things firstly to my fiance then he can them forward the stuff to them. Adding weeks on to our wait. 😫 

Sends me into a rage just thinking about it. Stupid people really piss me off. 😁

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, TriloByte said:

Sends me into a rage just thinking about it. Stupid people really piss me off. 😁

You were pissed off. We couldn't tell. Keep up the fight. The whole process will try your last nerve and then some.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

Hi everyone, i have a couple of questions hoping to get answers.

1) For evidence of communication I printed out our Facebook chat but me and my fiancée have different names on Facebook than our legal names. But I made an attachement where I explained that in detail

2) Our conversation is in French so I also submited a translation of every single one. 

So can these 2 delay the process? Or has anybody in this forum had the same experience? 

I have 121 days and counting!

Thank you

I have a different surname on Facebook and I didn't include any explanation. I just included screenshots of photos with comments, the date, and etc :) shouldn't be an issue!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I sent every page of my passport including the back and front cause the airlines put stickers on my passport....I'm hoping they don't ask me for more cause they are getting ridiculous...I was there three times in the past year...that should be enough...plus I have pictures of actual places and monuments in my petition with actual names of the places we went and the friends of his we took pics with...I swear...I'm gonna go hulk too if these people get crazy...I also have chat logs with personal stuff....and pictures of many video sessions...pictures on us in bed together...nothing sexual but you know...he likes to take pics of every moment..he's just like that...I'm gonna call them by Tuesday if I don't hear anything....

Edited by Lovemycroatianman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.