meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

What I find odd.... my sister married a Canadian. Without listening to me or without speaking to a lawyer, they show up at the Canadian border. The Canadians let them cross, give her indefinite stay and told her to file her Canadian paperwork. No issue whatsoever letting her and her Canadian husband cross the border after getting married in the US to start their lives in Canada. Two years later, she's now a Canadian Permanent Resident.

I totally understand what you are saying because I thought what we were doing was legal. We showed up to the border with a U-haul and wanted to try out the US. We were not even 100% committed to moving there (my spouse didn't even have a job at that point). We said we'd adjust status later. What threw everything into a tailspin was Trump instated the travel ban the day before we crossed the border. We had absolutely no idea he'd pull that kind of stunt and did not have time to process the consequences. I could write my own story on the absolute chaos I witnessed at the Canadian border that day. Senior citizens being pulled out of their RV's, border officials photographing the inside of vehicles, the panic and fear among everyone. It was like being witness to some sort of WWII movie. Unfortunately we were caught up in the middle of it all. I was detained, processed and put on the special security list (I've since been taken off).

I'm having one of the worst days ever since our ordeal began. I'm venting to you because if I shared this with people in Canada they simply would not understand. They will try to talk me out of my move. I woke up this morning to a whole bunch of messages. I started to panic when the words "active shooter" and "is your husband alive" came in. This whole immigration experience has been a complete nightmare. People have told me I should write about what we've gone through. Then this shooting happened.

My spouse was working at one of the biggest hotels on the Las Vegas strip yesterday on his day off. He's been working non stop because paying for two households has drained our savings. Ironically he does security systems. He had just taken a photo in front of one of the hotels before this mass shooting happened. My spouse told me this morning he is okay. But the whole thing has really shaken me up and made me physically ill. I don't want to take anything away from the victims. I am absolutely horrified for the poor people of Vegas and those who got massacred. I am in complete shock this happened.

There are so many emotions going through my head. Imagine being apart from your spouse when something like this happens. Vegas is a place I visit frequently. I know the people, the sights, the politicians, etc. I know if I talk to anyone in Canada they will tell me I'm crazy for wanting to move there. Canadians don't understand American gun culture. All these thoughts are going through my head like should I move my son to a place like this? I want to see my spouse but with my section 212 I can't for another 18 days. That's if the border will let me through. I've tried to hold myself together and did after the border detained me back in Jan. I didn't cry. Not once. But our situation keeps getting crazier and crazier. It's like some sort of ongoing nightmare.

I'm so upset at the Nebraska office for putting my family through this separation. Everyone is still asking me what the heck is going on. Why on earth am I separated, especially when something like this happens? What the heck is wrong with US immigration? I'm so frustrated. I don't know what to do anymore. I have followed all the rules legally. We have done everything that has been asked of us. Unfortunately I don't see an expedite for this situation because there is no ongoing threat. I can't help but wonder about the safety and security of my spouse though. He works at various hotels on the strip all the time.

Edited by acidrain

I received an RFE. I have 2 questions -

They request ORIGINAL marriage certificate..... is this normal / okay ?

Bonafied relationship - How do you guys send logs from whatspp ? take screen shots (which is time consuming) or export to text then copy to word and select chats overtime and send ?

How do you send call logs from phone ? send print out of phone bills ? filtered to my spouse's number ?

Thanks alot

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the latest approval date of I-130 F2A for California Service center ?  

i mean which case are being approved now a days ? Please help

7 hours ago, NikC said:

I received an RFE. I have 2 questions -

They request ORIGINAL marriage certificate..... is this normal / okay ?

Bonafied relationship - How do you guys send logs from whatspp ? take screen shots (which is time consuming) or export to text then copy to word and select chats overtime and send ?

How do you send call logs from phone ? send print out of phone bills ? filtered to my spouse's number ?

Thanks alot

That's odd, they ask for copies and translations. what do the RFE say exactly?

They can ask you for a certified copy I think, but not the original certificate. Or are there multiple types of marriage certificates for your country?

I don't know how it is for you, but we only get one of those! and we can't send it.

since I do facetime/Imessages there is a log created on my computer. Anyone can alter text or create texts, so I wouldn't do that. whatsapp gives you the option to download your logs as well. The app periodically back up the chats in the phone memory depending on your settings, and you can also back it up on your google drive and download it from there. 

To export a copy of said history of a chat, you can use the email chat option: 

1. Open the chat 

2. tap menu button

3. Tap ''more''

4. Choose to attach media or not

an email will be composed with your chat history as a .txt document. 

You can also get phone bills if you frequently call each other and it shows your husband's number. If you can, send affidavits of people that know you both, pictures of your wedding, and any other form of supporting evidence, especially if you have any financial co-mingling, trips to see each other with plane tickets, expenses, etc. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

I want to believe that Nebraska is almost out of December. A part of me wants to remain hopeful, knows I have to push through, for my husband and myself. But some days are certainly harder than others.

Seeing this makes my stomach churn and hurt. I want to cry, laugh, cry again. Also, March 23d is my birthday so... congratulations to those that have that priority date and got their approvals today... sigh...

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 12.29.48 AM.png

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got approved on 09/12 and the letter i received said that my case has been sent to NVC - but on the website it updated just a few days back and it said on Sept 29th we sent your case to dept of state.. which one is true? How long should I wait for NVC to contact me?

On 07/10/2017 at 6:44 AM, Dianalorena said:

I want to believe that Nebraska is almost out of December. A part of me wants to remain hopeful, knows I have to push through, for my husband and myself. But some days are certainly harder than others.

Seeing this makes my stomach churn and hurt. I want to cry, laugh, cry again. Also, March 23d is my birthday so... congratulations to those that have that priority date and got their approvals today... sigh...

They're into January at last...!
image.png.f36fbe349127b637d71f60e91a0b0301.png

3 hours ago, Team Hayward said:

They're into January at last...!
image.png.f36fbe349127b637d71f60e91a0b0301.png

But there are still a lot of people left out from November and December,  and the cases I follow from January 7th and 9th haven't been approved. I have no idea what they're doing. The November backlog is bigger than I thought. 

I think people panicked when Trump became president due to his strict views on immigration and rushed to send in their applications,  not only CR1, but for citizenship. 

that and to make it before the fee increase, I think. I did see a lot of ''incorrect fee'' notifications between Nov and January.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee14 said:

How many of you are at the NVC stage waiting for interviews? I'm stilling waiting for an answer for the interview. I think it takes 8 weeks for the process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/7/2017 at 12:44 AM, Dianalorena said:

I want to believe this too but this is only for VJ and doesn’t include everyone else that’s not signed up on VJ. 

48 minutes ago, Nickey&rickey said:
2 hours ago, Dee14 said:

How many of you are at the NVC stage waiting for interviews? I'm stilling waiting for an answer for the interview. I think it takes 8 weeks for the process

Tomorrow it will be 6 weeks for me since I sent it my documents in. I know it can take up to 11 weeks but just anxious ya know hoping that someone got it sooner than that without expediting. 

1 hour ago, scarlett262004 said:

I want to believe this too but this is only for VJ and doesn’t include everyone else that’s not signed up on VJ. 

yes, Visajourney is just a very small fraction. Tracking apps work better since you can search 500 cases at a time, with the same PD.

but seeing how early January filers are still waiting in Nebraska just gives me more anxiety, so I don't check it often!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Hey guys, I sent my I-130 to Chicago lockbox and it was received on Feb 21, 2017. NOA1 received 2 weeks later (we're in New Zealand) and our application was sent to the Nebraska centre. We're spouses so no priority date.

Today is October 13th, almost 8 months later, and still no NOA2. Has anyone else who filed around the same time and was sent to Nebraska received their NOA2?

Edited by toshow10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.