Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, PositiveThinker said:

Yes but i had to go to the main office for the stamp. I requested an OK to go to the main office from the SUPPORTING SC Supervisor( the one that i was getting my BIO done). Because i could not get any appt on the website. ( tried it for like month a halfish) 

He emailed his Boss or whoever in charge at the main Minneapolis USCIS and wrote a note on my Receipt saying i could get my stamp.

I went to the main office after lunch hour and showed my note to the Security officers ( Ohhh the entrance of the OFFICE looked like a airport SECURITY, was very intimidating at first) but the officers were nice n PHONED someone inside the office to CONFIRM my "OKAY to go in NOTE" n there i went.

After waiting for my numbers to be called in (abt 25 mins) went to this almost BANK BOOT-like BOOT n explained my situation. The guy behind the window was super nice as well n got me my I 551 stamp in return of my EXPIRING GC n took my pic with this small camera. That was it . :D

STILL the same. my i 751 and N400 still shows the same status. 

- i 751 The other office has jurisdiction

- n 400 The USCIS is actively reviewing my case

Hi there, that's good to know. Are you a CSC applicant? Hope you get an update on your case sooner because I just saw you have filed for naturalization. In my opinion you took a good step filing for naturalization with a pending ROC, regards. 

40 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi there, that's good to know. Are you a CSC applicant? Hope you get an update on your case sooner because I just saw you have filed for naturalization. In my opinion you took a good step filing for naturalization with a pending ROC, regards. 

yeah thought it wouldn't hurt to file for N400 while waiting for my I751. just wanted to get it done with USCIS once and for all :D

yes i am a CSC filer. 

Hope you would get your card soon too. 

Anyone got an idea on what month was the last approved applicant from? Both CSC&VSC. Thank you guys.🌾

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

Yeah, and it's kinda unfair on us because you don't leave your whole family or end ties with them because of one idiot family member. Having said that full respect and love for Shell and all of you guys who are very cool and supportive of each other. I feel lucky to be with you guys. Lets petition for Shell lollzzz 

#petition for Shell# I know for sure it would be a warm day in VJ forum if and when Shell decides to return🍀

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PositiveThinker said:

yeah thought it wouldn't hurt to file for N400 while waiting for my I751. just wanted to get it done with USCIS once and for all :D

yes i am a CSC filer. 

Hope you would get your card soon too. 

Thanks, I am CSC applicant and I don't think so I will get my GC because I will be filing for naturalizing with a pending ROC pretty soon. I can't wait to be done with USCIS. Keep us posted about your progress. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Anyone got an idea on what month was the last approved applicant from? Both CSC&VSC. Thank you guys.🌾

If I could recall last week a VSC applicant was approved and it was an April-2017 applicant. CSC is stuck in September-2016 which is bizarre. Since CSC is freaking slow or backlogged I am just focusing on naturalization and not expecting anything regarding ROC. The next USCIS processing update is not far ahead so we will see what their update is. 

Edited by Name O Boy

On 3/8/2018 at 1:40 PM, Derwood said:

Another update, this time on egov.uscis.gov:

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On March 8, 2018, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXX to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 7, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

We will assign your case to an officer.   We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you.  

Could "New Office" mean NBC/MSC?  It seems NBC/MSC holds scheduling.

Is the I-551 stamp mandatory or do you only need it if you're going to travel or if an employer asks for it?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I know I've asked this before but besides my post from a few hours ago the last I asked was a few months ago so I don't remember.

I have a few questions about the I-551 stamp.

1. Does the extension letter extend status till the expiry of the letter or expiration anniversary of the conditional green card?

2. Am I supposed to get the stamp before letter expires or before GC anniversary expiration date?

3. If my husband is not planning to travel or switch jobs does he still need the stamp? Is it required?

4. His letter expired on February 27 and his GC expiration anniversary isn't until May 22nd should he get the stamp asap or can we wait a bit?

5. When he gets the stamp must he carry his passport at all times like he does with GC?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

On 2/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jack337 said:

Does anyone have experience with congressional inquiries? If my congressman asks USCIS about my case, does it speed the process up or no?

Thanks in advance!

We used our state Senator twice (Senator Casey), once during our i-212 process, and once for AOS.  Your Senator's office is permitted to call and ask for the status of your case, but not permitted, by law, to intercede; which they tell you, but I do not believe.  Both times, after we got a report from our Senator's office, we soon received approvals.  Since you have two Senators for each state, I'd suggest you choose wisely which one you make the request.  By the way, we were just getting ready to make contact again to the same Senator for the Removal of Conditions since it had been about 7 months, and then we received a written approval.  Some people speculate that perhaps that helped us on this process because of past requests.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I know I've asked this before but besides my post from a few hours ago the last I asked was a few months ago so I don't remember.

I have a few questions about the I-551 stamp.

1. Does the extension letter extend status till the expiry of the letter or expiration anniversary of the conditional green card?

2. Am I supposed to get the stamp before letter expires or before GC anniversary expiration date?

3. If my husband is not planning to travel or switch jobs does he still need the stamp? Is it required?

4. His letter expired on February 27 and his GC expiration anniversary isn't until May 22nd should he get the stamp asap or can we wait a bit?

5. When he gets the stamp must he carry his passport at all times like he does with GC?

3. My HR Vice President called and asked me last month if I have any changes to my visa status as my extension letter is about to expire. Since my I-751 was already approved and I received my green card, I just had to send them my 10 year green card scanned copy. I didn't have to submit a new I-9.

5. There's no need to carry passport/GC at all times. 

Edited by d3si.h3art

1 hour ago, Tcarrol said:

We used our state Senator twice (Senator Casey), once during our i-212 process, and once for AOS.  Your Senator's office is permitted to call and ask for the status of your case, but not permitted, by law, to intercede; which they tell you, but I do not believe.  Both times, after we got a report from our Senator's office, we soon received approvals.  Since you have two Senators for each state, I'd suggest you choose wisely which one you make the request.  By the way, we were just getting ready to make contact again to the same Senator for the Removal of Conditions since it had been about 7 months, and then we received a written approval.  Some people speculate that perhaps that helped us on this process because of past requests.  

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.