Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

Do you think there will be movement this week ? 

Special hello to Shell we love you 

this week there will be the update on the processing time , I wonder what it will show . But if the cases have moved to local office then it’s not really helping much 

2 minutes ago, sls said:

Do you think there will be movement this week ? 

Special hello to Shell we love you 

this week there will be the update on the processing time , I wonder what it will show . But if the cases have moved to local office then it’s not really helping much 

I have long given up on swaying to any info and at this point until its a definitive mail for Interview, shiny gween card or the horrible rfes I just stare into the vacant distance placidly. USCIS has trained me improved mental calmness through its turbulent status updates and all the confusions. I read the ocaccional approval of septembers, februarys or whatever else but until the snail mails happen, its back to staring into the distant void with a calm smile.😏

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of you who have contacted your congresspeople regarding your case, would you please share with me what you said to them? I would like to write/call/meet with mine and would like to hear what you all said.

This group is super active, so it might be easier if you did have a response to this, to directly email me so your response doesn't get lost in the shuffle of this thread: meaganamber@gmail.com

Thank you so much! Have a great day.

1 hour ago, CoffeeVegan said:

I miss Shell 🐚. @shell20 If you get to read this, please know Im praying for you and sending you hugs your way. It aint the same without ya on here. 

I am praying for all my fellowVj memebers to be recieving approvals asap. Hang in there guys!🎈🎈🎈🎈

This thread seems so cold and lifeless without Shell. I miss her too. If I recall didn't she say she was taking a trip back to England for a while?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

23 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Here is my take on it and this is nothing definitive. I had to do some emergency travel and I decided to observe  the the airlines/airport authorities reaction to my expired GC . I initially presented my expired GC and they looked a little puzzled and then I presented the extension letter and they seemed satisfied, not completley happy though but satisfied. 

If it was upto me, I would just go ahead get a I 55 stamp and keep ready in case of unexpected travel, renewal of license and employer related stuff . Its the only free stamp USCIS is giving me, so why not ? Oh lol.

Our plan is to get an infopass just in case an emergency would come up (its happened before where we've had to fly back to UK twice). Everyday I've looked for infopass appointments and there isn't any. Some people say try around midnight and I have. This whole week we are going to take turns getting up and checking around midnight. We both work dayshift so it's hard to wake out of deep sleep and check. And their hours suck. Only Monday thru Thursday from like 10 to 2 no wonder it's hard to grab appointment. Also my days off are Friday and Sunday. I'm going to have to request to take a few hours off in the middle of the work day to take him there as I'm the only one with a car and he will have to ask for a few hours off from his employer too. Why does uscis have to suck from all angles?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

21 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Our plan is to get an infopass just in case an emergency would come up (its happened before where we've had to fly back to UK twice). Everyday I've looked for infopass appointments and there isn't any. Some people say try around midnight and I have. This whole week we are going to take turns getting up and checking around midnight. We both work dayshift so it's hard to wake out of deep sleep and check. And their hours suck. Only Monday thru Thursday from like 10 to 2 no wonder it's hard to grab appointment. Also my days off are Friday and Sunday. I'm going to have to request to take a few hours off in the middle of the work day to take him there as I'm the only one with a car and he will have to ask for a few hours off from his employer too. Why does uscis have to suck from all angles?

I know right? We had to take an appointment and time off from work, drive 3 hours to the field office to be told off by a super rude employee who must have not had time to have her coffee since they are so busy on there😑, that I need to come back closer to my card expiration date for the stamp. Confusion seems to be the MO in every process at the USCIS. Some officers give ya the stamp early, some let ya keep the expired card, some shred the NOA and card . 

They send you random notifications on things you don't ask about, they don't sent you notifications on things that you would really need to be notified of. 

I know nothing is perfect and every system in the world has its own setbacks but I so wish they would just have a simplified definitive steps to processes.

Im sorry to hear that you have to go through all the hassle. I wish there was a way you could drive to a different field office but I know its easier said than done.

Im glad though that you are trying for the stamp though. Hang in there! We are almost done with the process. Sometimes I facepalm thinking of the new applicants for  K1 or IR/CR 1, its a long long journey for them and thankfully we have just a couple more 😥.

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

46 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

This thread seems so cold and lifeless without Shell. I miss her too. If I recall didn't she say she was taking a trip back to England for a while?

I really hope that Shell has a great trip, if thats what it is and comes back soon because she just cannot stay far away too long from the all of us, but ultimately I want her to do what makes her happy😘

Anne of Green Gables.

47 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

That really sucks.

I'm at my local office on Tuesday for my N-400 biometrics appointment. I've managed to schedule a Mis-Infopass an hour later to try and get an I-551 stamp. My card expires in 10 weeks time and I've already mentaily prepared myself that they're going to tell me to go back nearer the time. Nothing more than I love than the 75 minute drive to see the USCIS though! LOL

I'll be asking what's the deal with this 'case transfer' while I'm there. Undoubtedly, the truth will be the opposite of whatever they say!

Edited by Derwood
Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

I’m trying to figure out what months have been transferred to local offices ? November 2016 ?December 2016? January February 2017 : that’s for sure 

up to what month ? April 2017 ? 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Derwood said:

That really sucks.

I'm at my local office on Tuesday for my N-400 biometrics appointment. I've managed to schedule a Mis-Infopass an hour later to try and get an I-551 stamp. My card expires in 10 weeks time and I've already mentaily prepared myself that they're going to tell me to go back nearer the time. Nothing more than I love than the 75 minute drive to see the USCIS though! LOL

I'll be asking what's the deal with this 'case transfer' while I'm there. Undoubtedly, the truth will be the opposite of whatever they say!

Oh lol! The joy of driving to visit USCIS haha you had me chuckling there. I just dont understand why they got to be so miserly with  the stamp even if it is say a  couple weeks or month earlier? Are there some secret perks and rewards with this exclusive elusive stamp that I am being kept in the dark about,  that you guys are aware of?#elite I55 stamp club#

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

7 minutes ago, sls said:

I’m trying to figure out what months have been transferred to local offices ? November 2016 ?December 2016? January February 2017 : that’s for sure 

Thank you 

May filer here! Transfer message February 25th and 26th.

- I am the beneficiary -

ROC: 05/01/2017 - 08/11/2018 = 468 days
CR1: 04/22/2014 - 06/25/2015 = 430 days

Spoiler

USCIS

04/22/2014 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
10/06/2014 I-130 NOA2 - after 167 days

NVC

10/17/2014 sent to NVC
11/05/2014 NVC reiceived
12/04/2014 case # assigned (after 29 days)
12/04/2014 DS-261 submitted
12/05/2014 NVC welcome letter received
12/05/2014 AOS bill received and paid
12/05/2014 AOS and IV packages sent
12/09/2014 AOS and IV package scanned = SCAN-DATE
12/23/2014 IV bill received and paid
12/30/2014 DS-260 submitted
02/05/2015 Checklist 58th day 😞
02/13/2015 AOS Checklist SCAN-DATE
03/25/2015 CASE COMPLETE (40th day)
05/27/2015 Interview - approved
06/01/2015 CEAC status - "Issued"

06/04/2015 Visa received
06/25/2015 POE MCO - Orlando, Florida
08/27/2015 GC in mail

ROC
05/01/2017 I-751 sent (CSC), delivered 05/03/2017
05/11/2017 cash checked
05/13/17 NOA arrived, dated 05/03/17
06/05/17 biometrics letter arrived
06/15/17 biometrics appointment
08/14/18 Approved / Card will be produced and mailed
08/21/18 GC in mailbox DONE!!!!

12 minutes ago, sls said:

Thank you 

CSC April 2017 filer here, proud and lucky winner  to both the Feb 26 and March 5 updates

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

My guess for the updates is that the ones that didn’t get the March transfer update will be processed after the ones that got it. And there will be more approvals in the coming weeks. 

37 minutes ago, sls said:

Thank you 

june filer, transferred on feb 25

39 minutes ago, sls said:

Thank you 

I'm a Feb 2017 CSC filer and my transfer dates were Feb 24th & 26th 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.