Still no EAD:(

My case was received Feb 2

biometrics March 3

RFIE response received April 18

no EAD for me either

but I'm hoping this coming week :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mine was also received on the 2nd of February and still no EAD nor update on the USC website.  We did get an RFIE which was responded to a month and a half later but supposedly that doesn't affect it....or does it?  :huh:

AOS from B1/B2

1/30/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

2/01/17    Packet arrives

2/02/17    USCIS received date

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

2/14/17    I-797C arrived in the mail

2/27/17    Biometrics appointment in San Antonio

2/28/17    RFIE for I-864 (2016 tax return and needed a joint sponsor)

5/1/17      RFIE evidence received

10/6/17   Interview scheduled for November 13th!!!

11/13/17 Interview and approved on the spot!

11/21/17 Greencard arrives in the mail.  Plan to start naturalization in 3 years....

Well yes thats what I read here.

For my son didnt affect cause we got that update that new card is being produced.

I dont know if it helped or not but what i did was submitted a ER saying we needed his SS to get health insurance coverage and when i logg in his account it says at the bottom WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IF YOUR DOCUMENT CANNOT BE PRODUCE or something like that but I beleive is because of the e request cause now says CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.

I fixed my papers since 2013 then the I 751 then the USC, may older son fixing abroad and now my younger son here in the USA AOS.

I read a lot and what I can say that is it much better if would have a interview for my son VS a waiver it is just my opinion I respect all other say here according to their experience.

I hope everybody get good news soon, believe me I know what is all this process.

Filed: Timeline

My husband received his EAD/AP combo card in the mail last week. It was issued on April 22 and our first NOA date is 2/16. We have not had any update to the I-485 since submitting. It still says "fingerprint fee accepted". It seems that the EAD/AP came from Kansas, MO. I am wondering if this means the Kansas office is processing the AOS and not the San Antonio office. It seems others that filed after us have had interviews scheduled and we haven't yet. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Mine was also received on the 2nd of February and still no EAD nor update on the USC website.  We did get an RFIE which was responded to a month and a half later but supposedly that doesn't affect it....or does it?  :huh:

Some ppl say it does affect the EAD some say it doesn't. On the RFE paper it clearly states that they wont process the i-765 application until the answer for RFE is submitted.. so you should always hurry submitting the requested documents.

In fact if it's a RFIE and not a normal RFE it states even on the USCIS website that the  waiting time gets turned back to zero. This actually happened to people before who ended up having to wait for over 150 days on their EAD (I think I've read about those cases in either the October or November 2016 AOS thread). I honestly think it's pure luck whether it's gonna affect the EAD or not....

Timeline

Some ppl say it does affect the EAD some say it doesn't. On the RFE paper it clearly states that they wont process the i-765 application until the answer for RFE is submitted.. so you should always hurry submitting the requested documents.

In fact if it's a RFIE and not a normal RFE it states even on the USCIS website that the  waiting time gets turned back to zero. This actually happened to people before who ended up having to wait for over 150 days on their EAD (I think I've read about those cases in either the October or November 2016 AOS thread). I honestly think it's pure luck whether it's gonna affect the EAD or not....

The letter says it's a RFIE for the I-485. It was for the tax documentation of this year.  I couldn't get that out as I needed income documents from where we were living in Colombia and they don't get that out till the beginning of April. I also had to find a joint sponsor as I was just below the income threshold due to a few days off in December and not having been working for more than six months.  So, we got it out as soon as we could but it did hold us up a bit.  Where did you see it on the website that getting an RFIE sets the clock back to zero?

AOS from B1/B2

1/30/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

11/21/17 Greencard arrives in the mail.  Plan to start naturalization in 3 years....

Timeline

The letter says it's a RFIE for the I-485. It was for the tax documentation of this year.  I couldn't get that out as I needed income documents from where we were living in Colombia and they don't get that out till the beginning of April. I also had to find a joint sponsor as I was just below the income threshold due to a few days off in December and not having been working for more than six months.  So, we got it out as soon as we could but it did hold us up a bit.  Where did you see it on the website that getting an RFIE sets the clock back to zero?

AOS from B1/B2

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This page is the most concise: https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/how-long-does-uscis-have-to-make-a-decision-on-my-form-i-765-application-for-employment-authorization

"One exception to this rule is if USCIS requires initial or additional evidence. If initial is evidence is requested, the processing time will start from zero upon receipt of the requested evidence. If additional evidence is requested, the processing time limit is extended by the amount of time it takes for you to receive the request for evidence and respond to it. Also, the processing time is extended when a request for evidence is issued for any form filed concurrently with Form I-765."

I couldn't find it for the I-485 right now but it's the same what is says for the I-765:

• If we issue a request for initial evidence, the date for calculating the processing time will start over from the date we receive the initial evidence.
    • For example, if your case has been pending for 60 days when we issue a request for initial evidence and you respond 30 days later, the date for calculating the processing time will start on the date we receive your response. 
  • If we issue a request only for additional evidence, the processing will stop the day the request is issued and resume from the same point when we receive the additional evidence.
    • For example, if your case has been pending for 60 days when we issue a request for additional evidence and you respond 30 days later, we will resume processing your case as though it is day 60 on the date we receive your response. 
  • In certain categories, we cannot process your Form I-765 until after we approve another application/petition because that approval is the basis for your application for employment authorization.

Taken from: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When did you file for the EAD? Cause mine was received feburary 21 and still nothing!

thank you

Our file said recieved on the 13th of February 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

Remaining hopeful - Our NOA was 2/7 and still nothing. Really hoping to get that AP so we don't have to cancel my wife's flight on 5/17. Congrats to those getting confirmation! Maybe next week is our week

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Remaining hopeful - Our NOA was 2/7 and still nothing. Really hoping to get that AP so we don't have to cancel my wife's flight on 5/17. Congrats to those getting confirmation! Maybe next week is our week

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys but I wouldn't hold my breath. The AP would need to get approved right away on Monday to have a realistic chance to get it in time. The usual time frame is anywhere between 5 and 14 days between approval and document in hand. 

What you could try is schedule an infopass appointment as soon as possible and ask for an emergency AP. You'll need a very good reason why you should be given it on the spot, but that's still a better chance than to wait for a random approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I got a RFIE for my marriage certificate (which I had provided a certified copy already).  I responded the day after I got the letter and I already have my EAD card.  This doesn't seem to have affected my processing as I received my card faster than a lot of people on here who haven't had a RFIE/RFE but I did also respond a lot faster than you.  I'm not saying your case will be the same but just letting you know about my personal experience with this issue.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Updated on the AOS filers from student visas page, but thought I would post here to give some positive news:

We sent in our I-765 in February (73 days waiting on Friday) and our AP separately on March 6th. We have no online update for our AP so we called because it's been more than 45 days and SOMETHING should be online. We are traveling on June 29th out of the country with flights we bought before the AOS process, while my husband was still a student on a student visa. His student visa is valid until next February 2018 and he has work authorization through OPT and an EAD card.

We spoke with a Tier 2 rep and he was FABULOUS! He informed us that all three application (I-485, I-131, I-765) look good. He put in a service request and gave us a special number to call to inquire about rebooting the system so that we can see online updates for our I-131. He also told us (as we saw online) that our case is ready to schedule for an interview. He said he was going to put in a service request so that they would send us an interview date within 10 days because our case looked great. I was still worried about the AP because of our trip and he said that we are in good standing and will very likely have AP in hand for the travel. However, if we don't, he said that my husband can still travel on his student visa with his I-20, passport with visa, EAD card and a letter from his employer. If he gets brought to secondary questioning, they will simply look at his case for AOS and see that he is still legally a student with AOS in process. Hopefully we will have AP, but it's nice to know that we have this as a second option. Also exciting to hear that in 10 days we should have an interview date!

It really is comforting to talk to an immigration officer.

Good luck to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.