2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, mhbrz said:

The rejection was for form I-765 (because I mistakenly sent it without the signature) but the AOS form was accepted, so the rejection wouldnt have delayed the AOS application anyhow.

There's no update on EAD since filing I hope they do send it within the 90 days.

And my local office is Chicago, IL.

Ah okay I see. 

And that's still very fast considering Chicago is working on summer 2016 cases according to the processing times page. Good luck on your interview day. 

On 4/14/2017 at 4:01 AM, jcarlosluna100 said:

Notice that interview scheduling, and EAD seems to differ according to the type of adjustment of status. F-1 should be the faster, K-1 should be the second fastest, and the longest to take are the ones filed in the Chicago Service Center, which by default processes the AOS from marriage to US citizens.

AOS from H1B (married to US citizen)
2/02/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS
2/03/17    Packet arrives. NOA
2/10/17    Receipt notices in the mail
2/17/17    Biometrics appointment notice
2/28/17    Biometrics done

No change in status yet.

Our dates are very similar to yours! Anxiously awaiting the EAD and AP. My wife is supposed to fly out to Canada in a month! 

This might seem like a silly question, but does she need the AP when she leaves the States or only to arrive back? She leaves middle of May but isn't flying back to the US until middle of June for my sister's wedding. 

2 minutes ago, Glenn&Molly said:

does she need the AP when she leaves the States or only to arrive back?

She must APPLY and RECEIVE advance parole document BEFORE leaving the United States. Otherwise the adjustment application may be considered abandoned and she may not be able to return to the US without applying for and receiving a new visa. However, no one would ask her to show AP when she departs the US but they (customs and border protection) wouldnt let her return to the US without the AP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
4 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Ah okay I see. 

And that's still very fast considering Chicago is working on summer 2016 cases according to the processing times page. Good luck on your interview day. 

Not really my Pd is January 05 2017 and my interview is 18th may

Timeline

I have sad news. My husband and me, we fought and he traveled back to his country, to his other 2 women. I found out he didn't tell anybody there we are married and he was planning his wedding day with 2 Nigerian women traveling on AP, each one had his child before we met. His life is a mess, so we decided to stop our marriage and all documents here. It's sad, few days left for Advance Parole and EAD, he left abandoning his AOS case.

Edited by EricTasha
grammar errors

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

1 hour ago, Chicago IL said:

Not really my Pd is January 05 2017 and my interview is 18th may

Yeah, really. About 5 months from start to finish is pretty fast. 

13 minutes ago, EricTasha said:

I have sad news. My husband and me, we fought and he traveled back to his country, to his other 2 women. I found out he didn't tell anybody there we are married and he was planning his wedding day with 2 Nigerian women traveling on AP, each one had his child before we met. His life is a mess, so we decided to stop our marriage and all documents here. It's sad, few days left for Advance Parole and EAD, he left abandoning his AOS case.

Very sorry to hear that. At least you've found out all this before you invested much more time, money and health into a relationship that was doomed to begin with. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Glenn&Molly said:

Our dates are very similar to yours! Anxiously awaiting the EAD and AP. My wife is supposed to fly out to Canada in a month! 

This might seem like a silly question, but does she need the AP when she leaves the States or only to arrive back? She leaves middle of May but isn't flying back to the US until middle of June for my sister's wedding. 

Nope, the FAQ is pretty clear about this, you must have the AP before leaving:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/991/~/when-is-advance-parole-required-for-travel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Glenn&Molly said:

Save yourself lots of trouble! Any domestic flight out of the US without AP automatically leads to the abortion of your AOS. You must have your AP to leave the country. Leaving and have someone mail you the AP out will get you in trouble with USCIS when you come back. 

To all -> don't make domestic travel plans if you don't have your AP or Green Card in your hand. Don't stress yourself too much.

Hope you all had a great easter weekend!

Sascha

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, saeshhh said:

Save yourself lots of trouble! Any domestic flight out of the US without AP automatically leads to the abortion of your AOS. You must have your AP to leave the country. Leaving and have someone mail you the AP out will get you in trouble with USCIS when you come back. 

To all -> don't make domestic travel plans if you don't have your AP or Green Card in your hand. Don't stress yourself too much.

Sascha

Domestic??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We were told to call back once it's been 75 days since we filed for EAD/AP. We're at day 77 so my husband just called. He ended up getting a long reference number and the agent on the line said we would receive an answer in the next 15-30 days. He said the term "expedite" wasn't used so I'm not sure exactly what it means, but at least that gives us some kind of time frame.... I'm still not getting my hopes up at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer than 30 days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, saeshhh said:

Sascha

That doesn't make any sense. You don't need a green card to travel domestically. Also, domestic flights don't leave the US, it's an international flights that leaves the US. We have a wedding in Rhode Island in July and are flying there. My husband does not have his green card or AP, but should definitely not need that to travel domestically. I think you meant to say international not domestic. 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, T_McCann said:

Domestic??

I think they meant to say international. Domestic flights don't leave the US, only international flights do. You can make domestic travel plans without a green card, I'm pretty sure. We have a wedding in Rhode Island in July, and don't really think we need an AP to travel there from Florida. That makes no sense. 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.